November 23rd, 1963 64 comments

Ask A Question

Please note ALL “ask a question” comments are deleted every so often, usually every 100-200 posts or weekly which ever is the sooner otherwise there would 10’s of thousands of comments here .

If you would like to know anything specific about a piece of Doctor Who merchandise, or something related to it please ask here and we will try our best to answer it (or anyone else can who might have a better idea).

We will generally not answer any questions related to leaked information.

Please keep this section for merchandise questions only. Questions in the main threads (unless it has to do with the article) will be deleted.

There will be a permanent link to this article on the merchandise front page.

Please keep to questions relevant to Doctor Who merchandise. DO NOT leave any personal details such as email addresses (links or just wording ) or attempt to make contact or sell items via the comment boxes.

Please do not leave any spoilers, speculation or information on un-aired episodes or series here. This is for merchandise only.

Any irrelevant posts, and posts that have nothing to do with merchandise will be deleted without explanation.

Categorised under: News, Retail

• Exterminator

October 19th, 2021 - 8:34pm

I went to London the other week for the first time in 2 years. I was sad to see the Stamp Shop on the Strand had gone. It used to stock loads of Who merch. Such a shame.

October 19th, 2021 - 9:39pm

Very sad if it’s The Sci-fi Collector, 79 The Strand, which I should imagine it is. Was a great Shop.
      They always held signing days their for previous Doctors and companions. So you knew their autographed photos and first day covers were genuine.

• Tardis2

October 19th, 2021 - 10:15pm

Yes it is very sad they were great, I met so many dw actors there,Inc tom baker many times.Also vinmag in soho has gone they had a great downstairs section with old dw bits in Inc old TV comics etc.Galaxy 4 too ,though they still online, and 10th planet events no longer do events,all sad.But on the good side the who shop is still going strong.

• The Silent Silent

October 20th, 2021 - 2:21am

I believe “The Stamp Centre” shop on the Strand closed down back in September / October 2020, as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic and the original owner, who had a buyer lined up to take over the shop pre March 2020, decided to call it a day after that sale inevitably fell through .

I myself went to this shop on many occasions from 2010-2020 and always enjoyed talking with the staff in the shop about doctor who releases, old and new.

Such a shame shops like this are slowly disappearing from the world 🙁

October 19th, 2021 - 5:23pm

Did I forget the rule and put a link on my post about the new Eaglemoss Star Trek TOS NOMAD figure ?

October 19th, 2021 - 5:29pm

can’t see any link?

October 19th, 2021 - 7:42pm

Ah I posted the link to the NOMAD on a few trek facebook pages- thought i might have accidentally posted it here.. Can’t wait for him to be released.

October 19th, 2021 - 4:52pm

Don’t often get excited by merchandise guys but there he is on the Eaglemoss site for Pre-order today. The NOMAD robot from the Star Trek TOS episode ‘The Changeling’ Ive been pestering Eaglemoss to produce one for years and in January next year he’s out. Fantastic. Despite being bogged down with pre-orders it was impossible to resist as I also expect him to be one of those items which sells really fast.

• pupbenny

October 19th, 2021 - 4:08pm

Anyone got any predictions on what the next Character Online Exclusive might realistically be?

• the ergon

October 19th, 2021 - 4:43pm

ItsThe mighty jagrafess of the holy hadrojassic maxorodenfoe.

• Luck4UNow

October 19th, 2021 - 6:34pm

the Adherents of the Repeated Meme

• Judooning

October 19th, 2021 - 6:57pm

Adam with exposed brain – non electronic version but does feature opening forehead

October 19th, 2021 - 8:42pm

A Wheel in Space Cyberman would be rather good as would the Attack Cybercontroller. After that transparent Spiridon Dalek a clear one filled with the remains of Arthur Stengos would be good too.

• TimelordTim

October 19th, 2021 - 9:17pm

Black and white version of 1st and TARDIS.

Dalek Caan and Supreme from Stolen Earth.

Cybermaster and Master (Dhawan).

Jamie, Zoe and Vicki.

There are so many options out there it really is hard to even guess. Especially as the B&M range is reduced this year in variation and quantity (even though the quality is still high), it is hard to gauge just how far the can push the boat out on the budgets they have.

• The ergon

October 19th, 2021 - 10:25pm

Yes and with the adam figure you have the option of ‘click’ and collect.

October 19th, 2021 - 3:45pm

Its a great pity Sixteen 12 wont resurrect their Doctor Who items.

• The Fishmonger

October 19th, 2021 - 8:50pm

Agreed. Big Chief seem to have got the 1/6 TV Daleks but I wonder if Sixteen12 would ever go for the Dr Who Movie licence (Studio Canal.) Would be cool to have a Cushing figure as well. I know, it’s really unlikely ut one can dream….

October 19th, 2021 - 9:41pm

They produced some fantastic stuff back in the day. Im lucky enough to have the revenge cyberleader and cyberman they produced and the statue of Tom – but they produced a beautiful Voc robot and Sontaran which I think a few lucky collectors got hold of. Also a fantastic ‘working’ version of the Hartnell console. Some of the items they produced prototypes of but which were never released were astounding.

• Whorules

October 18th, 2021 - 4:17pm

Two new target books have been added for 2022 on Amazon and waterstones. No details but hopefully we’ll be getting another set of seven!

• Doctor Mysterio

October 18th, 2021 - 1:23pm

Sad to hear that Denise Bryer has passed away. Loved Terrahawks as a kid and it was good to hear her back for Big Finish recently. RIP.

• the ergon

October 18th, 2021 - 3:32pm

Well i loved Terrahawks as well especially zelda but theres something having just checked IMDB, she was married to Nicholas Parsons from curse of fenric, who himself was also a huge radio and Tv personality. Its amazing what you get to know when someone has passed having voiced for two of my favourite fantasy films from back in the 80s, Labyrinth and Return to Oz. She was quite prolific by all accounts. RIP Denise.

October 18th, 2021 - 5:30pm

Nicholas provided voices in one of Gerry’s earliest series – Four Feather Falls.

• the ergon

October 18th, 2021 - 7:39pm

I love Gerry Andersons work popplewick but that might be one that was before my time and never heard of before.

October 19th, 2021 - 3:44pm

Lol Ergon I cant remember the show and I’m 61. I always wonder what Doctor Who would have been like if Gerry had produced. There are quite a few links between his series and Dr Who and as a child of the sixties grew up with both.

• the ergon

October 19th, 2021 - 4:41pm

I do remember popplewick in one of the big arcades in Blackpool, on the central promenade, in the 1970s they used to have an exhibition of all things scifi but mostly dedicated to Gerry Anderson you had to go up some escalators to get to it. They had everything in there from Parker and Lady Penelope and the limo and Stingray, Space 1999 et al and i think there were a few other items from shows from the 60s and 70s including Doctor who. I only went in once but it was quite an experience.

October 19th, 2021 - 8:33pm

When I went the Anderson exhibition and Who exhibitions were seperate entities in Blackpool. The highlight of the Who exhibition was the Giant Robot I was overawed in my early teens coming face to face with him. People dismiss the effects in ‘Robot’ I always think how fantastic the Robot was. The horrible blobby monstrosity from Space 1999’s two parter was similarly impressive at the Anderson exhibition.

• The ergon

October 18th, 2021 - 12:02pm

Will they release definitive big chief rose, amy and clara figurines or is that just reserved for doctors? Im thinking it might not be such a good idea to rush in with forthcoming doctors like 2nd, 5th or 7th if theirs a better version coming later and with even better incentives.

October 18th, 2021 - 1:10pm

No one knows ergon, Big Chiefs never mentioned anything. I know someone on here commented awhile back that the Definitive Editions would just be for the Doctors and they couldn’t see them ever doing Clara, Amy or Rose ever again.
      But it’s only Speculation.

October 18th, 2021 - 1:17pm

2nd, 5th and 7th Doctors might already be a Definitive version when they arrive, We will have to wait and see.
      Would be strange for Big chief to release normal versions of these Doctors, now these Deluxe versions exist with two Headsculpts and Moving eyes etc.

• the ergon

October 18th, 2021 - 2:49pm

If they do release these doctors doctors with the moving eyes from the off i,m in but i wonder? will they release a colourised Hartnell? People soon catch onto these things coleman. They used to do the same thing with LPs and CDS. You,d buy the first version that comes out then they,d release umpteen more deluxe versions with additional tracks or DVDs which i found really annoying. Its a devious marketing ploy. Can i just ask though, the season 12 4th Doctor Zavvi is selling, what is the definitive version of that? They have season 18s 4th definitive out already dont they? And is the same for the 3rd Doctor recently released?

October 18th, 2021 - 7:01pm

Hello Ergon, theirs a Definitive version of Tom with two Headsculpts, moving eyes and Signature plaque that’s recently been on pre order at Big Chief but I think it’s now sold out. The Zavvi version of Tom is a re-release of Big Chiefs original Tom Baker.
      The 3rd Doctor, Signature Edition that’s just come out is just a standard version so that might see a Definitive version one day.
      Also, the Big Chief 1st Doctor that I have on display is in colour ergon.

• the ergon

October 18th, 2021 - 8:55pm

Thats great you have that coleman. I just saw the black and white image and box and assumed the figurine was released in monochrome. Even that i,m wondering if they will do a definitive?The cheapest i saw for this was a grand on Ebay. What was the best accessories for this particular figure? Also would you sell the originals if definitives with better incentives were released? Not that i,m angling at all.

October 18th, 2021 - 9:32pm

I’m happy with the versions I have ergon, so I don’t think I would sell them.
      The 1st Doctor had some great accessories. Their was his Black cloak, Walking Stick and Pocket watch that I have him displayed with. Alternatively you could display him with his glasses on with scarf and black hat aswell. The scarf as a wire inside to help with posing, (like some of the Big Chief coats have). All the figures also come with a light up display Stand.
      Their was also a small blue Plaque, like the Signature plaques with Edition number on.
      Finally their was a wallet containing two Photographs both of them signed by two of his companions.
      (Similar size to the Autographed Katy Manning photo you recieved with the 3rd Doctor)

October 19th, 2021 - 3:56pm

Hi Coleman I hope none of your little accessories dropped out of Hartnell’s box and that your Marinus keys and time destructor core are safe ! I still want to get a TARDIS key for mine.

October 19th, 2021 - 5:29pm

Hello Popplewick, funny you should mention the TARDIS key. I had lost Jon Pertwee’s key and hadn’t noticed. When he arrived, I took him out of the box with his sonic Screwdriver and put him on display. Everything else I put back in the box and stored the box in the spare bedroom.
      However, a couple of days ago I noticed something glistening on the black carpet, and low and behold it was the key. (Very lucky I didn’t lose it altogether).
      I’m sure it was you Popplewick that warned everyone to be careful with the key as you had nearly lost yours.

October 19th, 2021 - 7:44pm

Ive lost one or two smaller items over the years . I’m sure my Nestene sphere has a mind of its own and that Fendahleen skull 😀

• JW

October 16th, 2021 - 11:44pm

Hi everyone, not specifically merchandise related but does anyone know if BBC IPlayer will renew doctor who again? I’ve recently started a rewatch from Rose all the way to the newest episode, although I didn’t really pay attention to how long it had left until now. Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated

• Auton

October 17th, 2021 - 8:16am

No idea but with series 13 being released they might renew it when they add that to Iplayer

• SamWho

October 17th, 2021 - 11:54am

With Doctor who Every time it says “only a month left” or something similar it always gets renewed back to “available for a year” it’s like they can’t just say “always available” so have to put a random time frame which always gets added back up when it runs out of time so you don’t need to worry I’m pretty sure

• Jay

October 17th, 2021 - 12:18pm

It’s been available for a few years now, and it’s still very popular and with series 13 coming it is very unlikely that they will take it off, at least not for a while anyway.

• Jay

October 16th, 2021 - 7:25pm

Just recieved my copy on CD of the third and final instalment of Dalek Universe from Big Finish with David Tennant. Has anyone else been enjoying this series?. Highly recommended.

October 16th, 2021 - 12:18pm

Hello Booboo, been busy all morning, only just gone online, whats happened to the comments for the Big Chief four?

October 16th, 2021 - 12:39pm

they are switched off

• The ergon

October 15th, 2021 - 11:06pm

Seen some great potential eaglemoss figurines in that exclusive trailer on graham norton. A chewbacca lookalike and those white aliens and sontarans on horseback?. Wow. Very cinematic which might be the case now future who will be co-produced by hbo max. Jodie looked fabulous as ever.

• Doctor Stu

October 15th, 2021 - 9:15pm

New trailer today, I’m expecting it’ll be on the graham Norton show

• Jay

October 15th, 2021 - 2:45pm

Seen the new Definative series collection available on Big Chief website. They all look fantastic, but one thing it doesn’t say is when the scheduled delivery will be on them. I am assuming it will be a long wait, but would be good to know.

• Jay

October 15th, 2021 - 6:14pm

Ok, it now says to be confirmed, so no delievry date as yet.

• The ergon

October 15th, 2021 - 7:26pm

I,m tempted. Whats the big difference apart from mote lifelike than the first and second editions. The rusty k-9 is reeling me in.

October 15th, 2021 - 7:42pm

Hello Ergon, you only get the rusty K9 Free if you buy all four figures together. Everything’s supposed to be improved on the original figures, IE, the Headsculpts, bodies and Clothing plus they all have alternative heads. I believe both Headsculpts have movable eyes aswell.

• The ergon

October 15th, 2021 - 8:54pm

Still tempted.might as well get these rather than the zavvi versions. Cant buy k-9 without his rusty counterpart. Breaking it down its only £280+ each which is average price each. Hope they redo the hartnell, that b/w version is going for around a grand alone. Reissue the angel as well.

October 15th, 2021 - 9:51pm

I’m really looking forward to Big Chiefs Peter Davison, Sylvester MC Coy and Pat troughton. They’ve yet to have some 12 inch love.
      Just been browsing that Big Chief one sheet teaser poster that came out a couple of years ago with their future release schedule. It had Peter and Sylvester as Pre-orders from the beginning to the middle of 2020. Looks like that’s gone to pot.

• Jay

October 15th, 2021 - 10:20pm

I suppose Covid had a lot to do with it Coleman. It’s a shame, but I reckon they will be released at some point. I’m just thinking of some of the accessories that will be included with them when they are finally released. It will happen, I’m sure.

• The ergon

October 15th, 2021 - 11:09pm

That comment i had to laugh at coleman. A bit risque. Ooh matron.

October 15th, 2021 - 11:09pm

Im curious as to how you move the eyes when theyre that size.

• The Fishmonger

October 16th, 2021 - 10:03am

I must have that 12th Doctor, it looks great. Can I justify getting all 4 though? The 10th Doc looks a bit off to me but all the extra accessories look great. Decisions decisions

October 16th, 2021 - 12:36pm

Ergon and Jay, If I hadn’t got the Original Four Doctors already I would definitely be tempted.
      Just looking at the payment plan for all four seems quite good. £120 initial payment then £113.00 each month spread out over 9 months. It’s only £28 per week out of your wage.
      So it makes it much more affordable.
      POPPLEWICK, been looking at the recent Big Chief videos to see how those eyes work. But it doesn’t give much away.
      Must be like the old Action Man I had in the seventies with EAGLE EYES. (remember those)?. But the lever will be inside the head instead of outside the head like the action man had. I know the hair piece is removable to access the inside of the head.

October 16th, 2021 - 6:02pm

Intriguing I never had action man I was a big Major Matt Mason fan – keep looking to rebuild my collection from ebay but 60s toys are so popular. Have the same problem trying to get the third Zeroid robot I want.

Not Who related but Eaglemoss related. I see theyre doing Beatles items. Im hoping they’ll start a set of Yellow Submarine figures. Massive Blue Meanies fan.

October 16th, 2021 - 6:52pm

Hello Popplewick, I’m a big Beatles fan aswell. I was only very young in the late sixties and early seventies but I was always watching their films any Chance I had. I’ve all their albums on CD now. A prized posession of mine is a Beatles plate above my Dr Who Framed 1st day covers hanging on the wall.
      If you get the chance, check out the repairing Action Man Eagle Eye tutorials on youtube.
      Was looking at them early afternoon today. They were opening up their heads to repair the Eagle Eye Mechanisms. (I found it fastenating)
      Should be similar with these Dr Who Definitive heads I should imagine.

October 17th, 2021 - 7:40pm

Coleman (or anyone else) are you perchance collecting the eaglemoss Space1999 Eagles ? Be interested to know what you think.

October 17th, 2021 - 8:44pm

Hello Popplewick, I dont collect Space1999 at the moment but I loved watching it as a kid. Loved the Eagles, I thought the design was brilliant.
      To be fair, Ive loved most Sci-fi shows or films from a very young age.
      I’m watching re-runs of the Fugitive at the moment and the police officer that chases the Fugitive through the entire show is non other than Barry Morse. (I’m sure you’ll remember him)?

October 18th, 2021 - 3:40pm

Yes in my book Barry was the star of 1999 – it was never the same without him – and he appeared in numerous other sci fi series. Couldn’t understand why he was never in classic Who. Im not sure about the accuracy of the colour of the eagles but at least Ive go two of the three planned so far. Can’t understand why eaglemoss are taking so long to release Who vehicles – class and nu-who.

October 18th, 2021 - 7:12pm

Yes it would be great to have both Jon Pertwee’s viehcles in the Eaglemoss collection.

• Auton

October 14th, 2021 - 8:43pm

Sad to hear that Director Michael Ferguson has passed away. Director of some of my favourite doctor who stories. Rip

October 15th, 2021 - 3:10pm

Sad news. He directed gems including War Machines, Seeds of Death and Claws of Axos. All three great.