November 23rd, 1963 110 comments

Ask A Question

Please note ALL “ask a question” comments are deleted every so often, usually every 100-200 posts or weekly which ever is the sooner otherwise there would 10’s of thousands of comments here .

If you would like to know anything specific about a piece of Doctor Who merchandise, or something related to it please ask here and we will try our best to answer it (or anyone else can who might have a better idea).

We will generally not answer any questions related to leaked information.

Please keep this section for merchandise questions only. Questions in the main threads (unless it has to do with the article) will be deleted.

There will be a permanent link to this article on the merchandise front page.

Please keep to questions relevant to Doctor Who merchandise. DO NOT leave any personal details such as email addresses (links or just wording ) or attempt to make contact or sell items via the comment boxes.

Please do not leave any spoilers, speculation or information on un-aired episodes or series here. This is for merchandise only.

Any irrelevant posts, and posts that have nothing to do with merchandise will be deleted without explanation.

Categorised under: News, Retail

October 23rd, 2021 - 12:46pm

Contemplating buying a replica of the Eaglemoss ‘display’ model of the NCC 1701D . I don’t like ST- TNG but this ship is ‘beautiful’. A lot of trek ships look so good I buy them even if I can’t remember which series or episode they appeared in. What baffles me is with a wealth of all sorts of vehicles from space craft to submarines with iconic ‘Who’ cars thrown in is why is eaglemoss taking so long to start a Who ‘vehicle’ range. They’ve perfected Bond cars, Batmobiles of every description, Star Trek ships which rarely fail to impress. Ive even bought Battlestar Galactica vipers because they look superb despite never being a fan of either incarnation of BSG – so the absence of Who space craft old and new is a mystery to me. Just as a few examples I’d love a decent replica of the crashed ship on Dido, the Ark, the Jagaroth ship, the zygon ship and the sand miner and there can’t be many fans who’d not love decent replicas of Bessie and the Whomobile ! And just imagine a whopping model of the Time Lord station from Trial of a Time Lord.

• TimelordTim

October 23rd, 2021 - 10:41am

Would anyone recommend the Big Finish story Trial of the Valeyard as a good one to get?

I’ve just got the latest DWM and downloaded the Night of the Vashta Nerada, which was excellent, and this is the latest in a lot of audios I’ve gotten over the past 18 months since my first set (Dark Eyes). I noticed the Trial of the Valeyard is available at 50% off through the same DWM so am tempted by it.

But now I’m being more picky about which ones I get and just wondered if people thought Trial of the Valeyard was a good story in its own right and a good follow up to Trial of a Timelord?

• the ergon

October 23rd, 2021 - 1:14pm

Recommended follow up and featuring the late Linda Bellingham returning as The inquisitor. Theres not much Big Finish of Colins i don,t enjoy. I,d say his and Mcganns are the two i collect more avidly than any of the other doctors. The only ones i didn,t collect of his are the ones with flip or constance and because they feature in The last adventure didn,t buy that either but i am told is excellent and the departure colin should have got during his time. I just wont diverge to collect them all. Thats not to say those aren,t great, its just that i collect what i got into. The stories with Evelyn, DCI menzies and Charlotte pollard are also recommended and i didnt want to deviate there to start with but now think some of those are better than the regular TV companions stories.

• Auton

October 23rd, 2021 - 7:18pm

Trial of a valeyard is definitely a great release and I definitely recommend it. It’s a great story and it’s only 1 hour so it’s not too long to listen too

• Auton

October 23rd, 2021 - 7:51pm

And to answer your last question, it’s a story that’s good on it’s own and continues on from trial very well

• The ergon

October 23rd, 2021 - 11:52pm

Do you have any of the other early 1 hour audios tim. There are some really enjoyable adventures. Cryptobiosis,return to the web planet,her final flight,anearthly child,, return of the krotons, the four doctors and the five companions. Give them a try. They are really good.

• The Fishmonger

October 23rd, 2021 - 6:47am

Has anyone successfully had a reply from Eaglemoss customer care? Have sent 3 emails about a damaged item and had no reply. (I have phoned but they said they need a photo of the damage to initiate a return). Anyone had to contact them before? Do they reply eventually?

• TheDoctorWhoCollector

October 23rd, 2021 - 8:30am

I had to send back a 3rd Doctor set that had two figures broken at the legs. Eaglemoss did reply back within their time frame. They gave me a free address to send back the item, they also requested a photo of the box the item was sent in, a photo of the said item box and a photo of the items broken and a photo of the proof of posting.
      I did not use the free posting and sent it special delivery, so I knew when it arrived and they had to sign for it, however, they do sent the item out upon the photo of proof of posting and not wait for the return to arrive, I recived the replacement so everything was okay.

• The Fishmonger

October 23rd, 2021 - 8:45am

Great, thank you for the info. I’ll wait a few days then. I understand they’re busy. As long as they get round to me eventually!

• Doctor Stu

October 23rd, 2021 - 9:57am

Sometimes I’ve had broken items that didn’t even need to be sent back or shown proof of damage they’ve just sent a free replacement, other times I’ve had to provide evidence or they’ve required it to be sent back and some times there’s none of that so it all depends

October 23rd, 2021 - 11:56am

I suspect eaglemoss are tightening up on dealing with broken figures – at one time a replacement was automatic now they need a lot of info about your order plus photos of the damage. Sometimes rather infuriating when you’ve spent a fortune and the damaged figure you want replaced is less than a tenner.

• the ergon

October 23rd, 2021 - 12:59pm

They are tightening up thats true and noticed they don,t accept returns with freepost usually without evidence which is understandable, if people are returning for the most minor of damage usually if the paintwork is of inferior quality. Its there own undoing though. the products should be properly quality checked before despatch. There has been an improvement the the last half a dozen releases. The quality can be sporadic but its the paintwork rather than breakages that i have had most problems with.

• The Fishmonger

October 23rd, 2021 - 11:09pm

Thanks for all the info everyone, I’ve sent photos of the item and the box etc…the issue at the moment is that they just haven’t replied. It has been a week, is that normal or do I need to go into pestering mode. This is a Space 1999 Eagle and it’s been really poorly put together, nothing lines up and theres a crack in the cockpit. I have accepted minor paint errors in the past but this is just poor, and it’s a £60 model. Very disappointed with the lack of a reply given that the website boasts a no quibble returns policy.

• Ron

October 21st, 2021 - 8:54pm

Any current Eaglemoss codes available Booboo? It’s time to buy the Gravis..

October 22nd, 2021 - 6:53am

Try NEW15

• TimelordTim

October 22nd, 2021 - 11:54am

THANKYOU still worked when I ordered my a week and a half ago.

• Ron

October 22nd, 2021 - 2:36pm

Sadly already tried those with no success. Maybe I’ll wait for a Promotion?

October 22nd, 2021 - 2:37pm

hang on

October 22nd, 2021 - 2:40pm

loyal10 works, EM pricing is all over the place

October 21st, 2021 - 3:44pm

Rally bad news for all you Harrops collectors out their. Due to Covid/Brexit etc their having trouble sourcing materials (namely Silicon rubber). The first figurine of the new trio has now been pushed back to the end of November.
    Due to the knock on effect the further two releases will now be in 2022.
    (I’m sure the Master will be the November release though to make sure he’s out for 2021)

• Jay

October 21st, 2021 - 4:26pm

Thanks Coleman, yes that is disappointing news. I am sure the Master will be the November release and looking forward to pre-ordering when we can.

October 21st, 2021 - 4:36pm

Hello Jay, Harrops have given provisional release dates already for the 3 figurines. I noticed Joe 90 had posted them on the Robert Harrops trio thread.
      But Dan mentions they are only provisional dates and hopefully they don’t change any further.

October 21st, 2021 - 4:50pm

No real problem Coleman there is always plenty of stuff to collect and maybe now I can put my deposit on the Big Chief Dalek down. I do think it’s time Harrops started on some who vehicles and space craft though. Their Anderson vehicles were always superb. I’d think at the least the Whomobile and Bessie are ‘no-brainers’.
      It is amazing though how quickly the Harrops collection has expanded my shelves are full of them not just Doctor Who but Gerry Anderson items too and all from one e-bay figure of Titan from Stingray.

October 21st, 2021 - 5:57pm

I was the same Popplewick, I didn’t collect Harrops at all before the Special Weapons Dalek, and it’s all grown from their.
      Yes, the delay isn’t a major problem, it will free up some money to buy something else.
      Believe it or not, I’m tempted to start buying Action Men again. Loved them with the Eagle Eyes, “real hair” and gripping hands. Used to have around 10, as a kid but got rid of them all. (Very tempted), I keep looking at that British Paratrooper. (What an outfit).

October 21st, 2021 - 8:46pm

Hi Coleman I hope you have more luck than I do trying to get the Major Matt Mason space stuuf. It makes me really ache when I see something I had as a kid going for hundreds on ebay.

October 22nd, 2021 - 10:44am

Same with Action Man Popplewick. To get one in a good condition with uniform and all the Accessories, their in the hundreds of pounds and that’s not even with a mint condition Box.
      If I collect them I’ll buy heads, bodies and accessories separately to reduce cost and put them together myself. I wish I’d kept all my original ones now.
      Just ordered an Eagle Eyed, Blonde flocked head, a Paratrooper Jacket and Green trousers all separately. (So the hunt as finally begun)
      Been watching How to restring Vintage Action man heads on Youtube. (So that isn’t a problem.
      Theirs Tutorials for every part of their restoration. (Probably the same with Mason I should imagine).
      Hope you get your Major Matt Mason soon. (Buying Separately might be the best way)

October 22nd, 2021 - 8:53pm

To be honest Coleman there’s so much other merchandise to collect Ive had to put older memorabilia on hold. I do keep my eye out for Zerak the blue zeroid – the one I always wanted when I was a kid.

October 21st, 2021 - 2:47pm

Eaglemoss are or have released a Star Trek chess set in the form of the 3d chess played in TOS. Just wondered if anyone can find it . Doesn’t seem to be on Hero Collectors site anywhere. The board and the pieces look superb although as with the ‘Who’ sets they’re obviously going to show the best painted examples. There’s a Xindi insectoid piece which is worth having on it’s own. They’ve used the Star Trek : Enterprise version of the Gorn (I prefer the ‘Arena’ original) although I suppose there’s room for expansion sets. Need more info though.

October 21st, 2021 - 2:53pm

saw that but its just a press release, no ordering info yet

October 21st, 2021 - 4:02pm

Do you think the pieces look to be a better quality than the Doctor Who figurines BooBoo ? I know these figures have to be good when I’m considering buying them because they look good – rather than because I overly like the series they’re from. Love the original series so I’ll definately be looking to get Kirk and Spock – but never a fan of Picard and co. yet that Picard piece – to be fair – is superb. Maybe they could try and recreate the game of Rassilon from Five Doctors for Who fans.I don’t put the figurines on the display stands but I would put them a mock up of the game if it was a good one.

October 21st, 2021 - 4:17pm

I can’t really tell, always felt the Star Trek ships looked better.

• A4geek

October 20th, 2021 - 4:16pm

I think the Eaglemoss Advent Calendar is arriving tomorrow. I don’t think I can wait until December to open it.

October 20th, 2021 - 4:18pm

I cancelled mine because i went on USA site and saw a complete list of contents, totally spoiled it for me sadly.

October 20th, 2021 - 5:34pm

Nothing ‘special’ that makes it worth getting then BooBoo ?

October 20th, 2021 - 5:47pm

its a good mix, all exclusive and the RRP of 220 is correct but when you read whats in it first hand it losses the appeal to buy right now

• Ron

October 20th, 2021 - 6:51pm

Could you direct me Booboo to that USA Site please?

October 20th, 2021 - 6:57pm

its not just one it was effectively all of them that i looked at eg:

• Anon

October 21st, 2021 - 7:48pm

My Tardis Advent Calendar has been delivered today. Probably a legal requirement to show contents but it’s spoilt by a day to say guide on the base showing photos of what gift you get each day! At least of anyone’s disappointed with the contents that can at least return it before opening and get a refund.
      Guessing some of the gifts will turn up on eBay if some want to keep some of the gifts and not others.

• Ron

October 21st, 2021 - 8:02pm

Despite knowing what’s in it, mine’s a Christmas Gift from a friend. I just need to avoid looking at the base – So that each day is a daily surprise!

• Doctor Mysterio

October 23rd, 2021 - 2:40am

Was considering the calendar until I saw the price but seeing the contents listed is a relief as there’s not much there I’ll miss. Not the sort of things I collect, but nice I’m sure for those that do.

• Exterminator

October 19th, 2021 - 8:34pm

I went to London the other week for the first time in 2 years. I was sad to see the Stamp Shop on the Strand had gone. It used to stock loads of Who merch. Such a shame.

October 19th, 2021 - 9:39pm

Very sad if it’s The Sci-fi Collector, 79 The Strand, which I should imagine it is. Was a great Shop.
      They always held signing days their for previous Doctors and companions. So you knew their autographed photos and first day covers were genuine.

• Tardis2

October 19th, 2021 - 10:15pm

Yes it is very sad they were great, I met so many dw actors there,Inc tom baker many times.Also vinmag in soho has gone they had a great downstairs section with old dw bits in Inc old TV comics etc.Galaxy 4 too ,though they still online, and 10th planet events no longer do events,all sad.But on the good side the who shop is still going strong.

• The Silent Silent

October 20th, 2021 - 2:21am

I believe “The Stamp Centre” shop on the Strand closed down back in September / October 2020, as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic and the original owner, who had a buyer lined up to take over the shop pre March 2020, decided to call it a day after that sale inevitably fell through .

I myself went to this shop on many occasions from 2010-2020 and always enjoyed talking with the staff in the shop about doctor who releases, old and new.

Such a shame shops like this are slowly disappearing from the world 🙁

• Tom Willams

October 20th, 2021 - 7:30pm

That was my favourite very sad too hear this has now gone I remember I used too go here for the torchwood figures and especially off all went too the who shop aswell in Upton Park

October 19th, 2021 - 5:23pm

Did I forget the rule and put a link on my post about the new Eaglemoss Star Trek TOS NOMAD figure ?

October 19th, 2021 - 5:29pm

can’t see any link?

October 19th, 2021 - 7:42pm

Ah I posted the link to the NOMAD on a few trek facebook pages- thought i might have accidentally posted it here.. Can’t wait for him to be released.

October 19th, 2021 - 4:52pm

Don’t often get excited by merchandise guys but there he is on the Eaglemoss site for Pre-order today. The NOMAD robot from the Star Trek TOS episode ‘The Changeling’ Ive been pestering Eaglemoss to produce one for years and in January next year he’s out. Fantastic. Despite being bogged down with pre-orders it was impossible to resist as I also expect him to be one of those items which sells really fast.

• pupbenny

October 19th, 2021 - 4:08pm

Anyone got any predictions on what the next Character Online Exclusive might realistically be?

• the ergon

October 19th, 2021 - 4:43pm

ItsThe mighty jagrafess of the holy hadrojassic maxorodenfoe.

• Luck4UNow

October 19th, 2021 - 6:34pm

the Adherents of the Repeated Meme

• Judooning

October 19th, 2021 - 6:57pm

Adam with exposed brain – non electronic version but does feature opening forehead

October 19th, 2021 - 8:42pm

A Wheel in Space Cyberman would be rather good as would the Attack Cybercontroller. After that transparent Spiridon Dalek a clear one filled with the remains of Arthur Stengos would be good too.

• TimelordTim

October 19th, 2021 - 9:17pm

Black and white version of 1st and TARDIS.

Dalek Caan and Supreme from Stolen Earth.

Cybermaster and Master (Dhawan).

Jamie, Zoe and Vicki.

There are so many options out there it really is hard to even guess. Especially as the B&M range is reduced this year in variation and quantity (even though the quality is still high), it is hard to gauge just how far the can push the boat out on the budgets they have.

• The ergon

October 19th, 2021 - 10:25pm

Yes and with the adam figure you have the option of ‘click’ and collect.

October 19th, 2021 - 3:45pm

Its a great pity Sixteen 12 wont resurrect their Doctor Who items.

• The Fishmonger

October 19th, 2021 - 8:50pm

Agreed. Big Chief seem to have got the 1/6 TV Daleks but I wonder if Sixteen12 would ever go for the Dr Who Movie licence (Studio Canal.) Would be cool to have a Cushing figure as well. I know, it’s really unlikely ut one can dream….

October 19th, 2021 - 9:41pm

They produced some fantastic stuff back in the day. Im lucky enough to have the revenge cyberleader and cyberman they produced and the statue of Tom – but they produced a beautiful Voc robot and Sontaran which I think a few lucky collectors got hold of. Also a fantastic ‘working’ version of the Hartnell console. Some of the items they produced prototypes of but which were never released were astounding.

• Whorules

October 18th, 2021 - 4:17pm

Two new target books have been added for 2022 on Amazon and waterstones. No details but hopefully we’ll be getting another set of seven!

• Jay

October 21st, 2021 - 2:26pm

I wonder which one’s they will be?. I love collecting these. I would love to see The End of Time novelised. I also collect the audiobooks of some of these novels as well.

• Whorules

October 22nd, 2021 - 8:52pm

They might do a target version of shada as it’s the only classic era one left without one but hopefully we’ll get 6 new ones.
      For me I’d say:
      The unquiet dead
      Impossible planet/satan pit
      Waters of Mars
      Asylum of the daleks
      Empress of Mars
      Revolution of the daleks

Or actually anything!

• Doctor Mysterio

October 18th, 2021 - 1:23pm

Sad to hear that Denise Bryer has passed away. Loved Terrahawks as a kid and it was good to hear her back for Big Finish recently. RIP.

• the ergon

October 18th, 2021 - 3:32pm

Well i loved Terrahawks as well especially zelda but theres something having just checked IMDB, she was married to Nicholas Parsons from curse of fenric, who himself was also a huge radio and Tv personality. Its amazing what you get to know when someone has passed having voiced for two of my favourite fantasy films from back in the 80s, Labyrinth and Return to Oz. She was quite prolific by all accounts. RIP Denise.

October 18th, 2021 - 5:30pm

Nicholas provided voices in one of Gerry’s earliest series – Four Feather Falls.

• the ergon

October 18th, 2021 - 7:39pm

I love Gerry Andersons work popplewick but that might be one that was before my time and never heard of before.

October 19th, 2021 - 3:44pm

Lol Ergon I cant remember the show and I’m 61. I always wonder what Doctor Who would have been like if Gerry had produced. There are quite a few links between his series and Dr Who and as a child of the sixties grew up with both.

• the ergon

October 19th, 2021 - 4:41pm

I do remember popplewick in one of the big arcades in Blackpool, on the central promenade, in the 1970s they used to have an exhibition of all things scifi but mostly dedicated to Gerry Anderson you had to go up some escalators to get to it. They had everything in there from Parker and Lady Penelope and the limo and Stingray, Space 1999 et al and i think there were a few other items from shows from the 60s and 70s including Doctor who. I only went in once but it was quite an experience.

October 19th, 2021 - 8:33pm

When I went the Anderson exhibition and Who exhibitions were seperate entities in Blackpool. The highlight of the Who exhibition was the Giant Robot I was overawed in my early teens coming face to face with him. People dismiss the effects in ‘Robot’ I always think how fantastic the Robot was. The horrible blobby monstrosity from Space 1999’s two parter was similarly impressive at the Anderson exhibition.

• The ergon

October 18th, 2021 - 12:02pm

Will they release definitive big chief rose, amy and clara figurines or is that just reserved for doctors? Im thinking it might not be such a good idea to rush in with forthcoming doctors like 2nd, 5th or 7th if theirs a better version coming later and with even better incentives.

October 18th, 2021 - 1:10pm

No one knows ergon, Big Chiefs never mentioned anything. I know someone on here commented awhile back that the Definitive Editions would just be for the Doctors and they couldn’t see them ever doing Clara, Amy or Rose ever again.
      But it’s only Speculation.

October 18th, 2021 - 1:17pm

2nd, 5th and 7th Doctors might already be a Definitive version when they arrive, We will have to wait and see.
      Would be strange for Big chief to release normal versions of these Doctors, now these Deluxe versions exist with two Headsculpts and Moving eyes etc.

• the ergon

October 18th, 2021 - 2:49pm

If they do release these doctors doctors with the moving eyes from the off i,m in but i wonder? will they release a colourised Hartnell? People soon catch onto these things coleman. They used to do the same thing with LPs and CDS. You,d buy the first version that comes out then they,d release umpteen more deluxe versions with additional tracks or DVDs which i found really annoying. Its a devious marketing ploy. Can i just ask though, the season 12 4th Doctor Zavvi is selling, what is the definitive version of that? They have season 18s 4th definitive out already dont they? And is the same for the 3rd Doctor recently released?

October 18th, 2021 - 7:01pm

Hello Ergon, theirs a Definitive version of Tom with two Headsculpts, moving eyes and Signature plaque that’s recently been on pre order at Big Chief but I think it’s now sold out. The Zavvi version of Tom is a re-release of Big Chiefs original Tom Baker.
      The 3rd Doctor, Signature Edition that’s just come out is just a standard version so that might see a Definitive version one day.
      Also, the Big Chief 1st Doctor that I have on display is in colour ergon.

• the ergon

October 18th, 2021 - 8:55pm

Thats great you have that coleman. I just saw the black and white image and box and assumed the figurine was released in monochrome. Even that i,m wondering if they will do a definitive?The cheapest i saw for this was a grand on Ebay. What was the best accessories for this particular figure? Also would you sell the originals if definitives with better incentives were released? Not that i,m angling at all.

October 18th, 2021 - 9:32pm

I’m happy with the versions I have ergon, so I don’t think I would sell them.
      The 1st Doctor had some great accessories. Their was his Black cloak, Walking Stick and Pocket watch that I have him displayed with. Alternatively you could display him with his glasses on with scarf and black hat aswell. The scarf as a wire inside to help with posing, (like some of the Big Chief coats have). All the figures also come with a light up display Stand.
      Their was also a small blue Plaque, like the Signature plaques with Edition number on.
      Finally their was a wallet containing two Photographs both of them signed by two of his companions.
      (Similar size to the Autographed Katy Manning photo you recieved with the 3rd Doctor)

October 19th, 2021 - 3:56pm

Hi Coleman I hope none of your little accessories dropped out of Hartnell’s box and that your Marinus keys and time destructor core are safe ! I still want to get a TARDIS key for mine.

October 19th, 2021 - 5:29pm

Hello Popplewick, funny you should mention the TARDIS key. I had lost Jon Pertwee’s key and hadn’t noticed. When he arrived, I took him out of the box with his sonic Screwdriver and put him on display. Everything else I put back in the box and stored the box in the spare bedroom.
      However, a couple of days ago I noticed something glistening on the black carpet, and low and behold it was the key. (Very lucky I didn’t lose it altogether).
      I’m sure it was you Popplewick that warned everyone to be careful with the key as you had nearly lost yours.

October 19th, 2021 - 7:44pm

Ive lost one or two smaller items over the years . I’m sure my Nestene sphere has a mind of its own and that Fendahleen skull 😀

• JW

October 16th, 2021 - 11:44pm

Hi everyone, not specifically merchandise related but does anyone know if BBC IPlayer will renew doctor who again? I’ve recently started a rewatch from Rose all the way to the newest episode, although I didn’t really pay attention to how long it had left until now. Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated

• Auton

October 17th, 2021 - 8:16am

No idea but with series 13 being released they might renew it when they add that to Iplayer

• SamWho

October 17th, 2021 - 11:54am

With Doctor who Every time it says “only a month left” or something similar it always gets renewed back to “available for a year” it’s like they can’t just say “always available” so have to put a random time frame which always gets added back up when it runs out of time so you don’t need to worry I’m pretty sure

• Jay

October 17th, 2021 - 12:18pm

It’s been available for a few years now, and it’s still very popular and with series 13 coming it is very unlikely that they will take it off, at least not for a while anyway.

• Jay

October 16th, 2021 - 7:25pm

Just recieved my copy on CD of the third and final instalment of Dalek Universe from Big Finish with David Tennant. Has anyone else been enjoying this series?. Highly recommended.

October 16th, 2021 - 12:18pm

Hello Booboo, been busy all morning, only just gone online, whats happened to the comments for the Big Chief four?

October 16th, 2021 - 12:39pm

they are switched off

• The ergon

October 15th, 2021 - 11:06pm

Seen some great potential eaglemoss figurines in that exclusive trailer on graham norton. A chewbacca lookalike and those white aliens and sontarans on horseback?. Wow. Very cinematic which might be the case now future who will be co-produced by hbo max. Jodie looked fabulous as ever.

October 22nd, 2021 - 8:51pm

Im amazed theyve got away with duplicating the Wookie, in fact amazed they’ve done it after the fuss over the Kandyman. It’s a blatant double. But then not so long ago they copied the John Candy character from Spaceballs.

• The ergon

October 22nd, 2021 - 10:20pm

After that travesty that appeared in orphan 55, this karvanista dog like creature is a triumph. HoweverSome of us were jumping the gun comparing to the revered chewbacca. Not much distinction between them really unless he does the chewie growl then i would get cross.

October 23rd, 2021 - 12:17pm

Was a time when Who monsters aliens and robots were totally original and beat any other tv sci fi series – even shows with bigger budgets. Now they’ve taken to ‘borrowing’ ideas and putting them into less than ‘shining’ examples of Doctor Who. Im sure we’ll see the Wook-a-like in eaglemoss collection before a Dominator or a Menoptra.

• Doctor Stu

October 15th, 2021 - 9:15pm

New trailer today, I’m expecting it’ll be on the graham Norton show

• Jay

October 15th, 2021 - 2:45pm

Seen the new Definative series collection available on Big Chief website. They all look fantastic, but one thing it doesn’t say is when the scheduled delivery will be on them. I am assuming it will be a long wait, but would be good to know.

• Jay

October 15th, 2021 - 6:14pm

Ok, it now says to be confirmed, so no delievry date as yet.

• The ergon

October 15th, 2021 - 7:26pm

I,m tempted. Whats the big difference apart from mote lifelike than the first and second editions. The rusty k-9 is reeling me in.

October 15th, 2021 - 7:42pm

Hello Ergon, you only get the rusty K9 Free if you buy all four figures together. Everything’s supposed to be improved on the original figures, IE, the Headsculpts, bodies and Clothing plus they all have alternative heads. I believe both Headsculpts have movable eyes aswell.

• The ergon

October 15th, 2021 - 8:54pm

Still tempted.might as well get these rather than the zavvi versions. Cant buy k-9 without his rusty counterpart. Breaking it down its only £280+ each which is average price each. Hope they redo the hartnell, that b/w version is going for around a grand alone. Reissue the angel as well.

October 15th, 2021 - 9:51pm

I’m really looking forward to Big Chiefs Peter Davison, Sylvester MC Coy and Pat troughton. They’ve yet to have some 12 inch love.
      Just been browsing that Big Chief one sheet teaser poster that came out a couple of years ago with their future release schedule. It had Peter and Sylvester as Pre-orders from the beginning to the middle of 2020. Looks like that’s gone to pot.

• Jay

October 15th, 2021 - 10:20pm

I suppose Covid had a lot to do with it Coleman. It’s a shame, but I reckon they will be released at some point. I’m just thinking of some of the accessories that will be included with them when they are finally released. It will happen, I’m sure.

• The ergon

October 15th, 2021 - 11:09pm

That comment i had to laugh at coleman. A bit risque. Ooh matron.

October 15th, 2021 - 11:09pm

Im curious as to how you move the eyes when theyre that size.

• The Fishmonger

October 16th, 2021 - 10:03am

I must have that 12th Doctor, it looks great. Can I justify getting all 4 though? The 10th Doc looks a bit off to me but all the extra accessories look great. Decisions decisions

October 16th, 2021 - 12:36pm

Ergon and Jay, If I hadn’t got the Original Four Doctors already I would definitely be tempted.
      Just looking at the payment plan for all four seems quite good. £120 initial payment then £113.00 each month spread out over 9 months. It’s only £28 per week out of your wage.
      So it makes it much more affordable.
      POPPLEWICK, been looking at the recent Big Chief videos to see how those eyes work. But it doesn’t give much away.
      Must be like the old Action Man I had in the seventies with EAGLE EYES. (remember those)?. But the lever will be inside the head instead of outside the head like the action man had. I know the hair piece is removable to access the inside of the head.

October 16th, 2021 - 6:02pm

Intriguing I never had action man I was a big Major Matt Mason fan – keep looking to rebuild my collection from ebay but 60s toys are so popular. Have the same problem trying to get the third Zeroid robot I want.

Not Who related but Eaglemoss related. I see theyre doing Beatles items. Im hoping they’ll start a set of Yellow Submarine figures. Massive Blue Meanies fan.

October 16th, 2021 - 6:52pm

Hello Popplewick, I’m a big Beatles fan aswell. I was only very young in the late sixties and early seventies but I was always watching their films any Chance I had. I’ve all their albums on CD now. A prized posession of mine is a Beatles plate above my Dr Who Framed 1st day covers hanging on the wall.
      If you get the chance, check out the repairing Action Man Eagle Eye tutorials on youtube.
      Was looking at them early afternoon today. They were opening up their heads to repair the Eagle Eye Mechanisms. (I found it fastenating)
      Should be similar with these Dr Who Definitive heads I should imagine.

October 17th, 2021 - 7:40pm

Coleman (or anyone else) are you perchance collecting the eaglemoss Space1999 Eagles ? Be interested to know what you think.

October 17th, 2021 - 8:44pm

Hello Popplewick, I dont collect Space1999 at the moment but I loved watching it as a kid. Loved the Eagles, I thought the design was brilliant.
      To be fair, Ive loved most Sci-fi shows or films from a very young age.
      I’m watching re-runs of the Fugitive at the moment and the police officer that chases the Fugitive through the entire show is non other than Barry Morse. (I’m sure you’ll remember him)?

October 18th, 2021 - 3:40pm

Yes in my book Barry was the star of 1999 – it was never the same without him – and he appeared in numerous other sci fi series. Couldn’t understand why he was never in classic Who. Im not sure about the accuracy of the colour of the eagles but at least Ive go two of the three planned so far. Can’t understand why eaglemoss are taking so long to release Who vehicles – class and nu-who.

October 18th, 2021 - 7:12pm

Yes it would be great to have both Jon Pertwee’s viehcles in the Eaglemoss collection.

• Auton

October 14th, 2021 - 8:43pm

Sad to hear that Director Michael Ferguson has passed away. Director of some of my favourite doctor who stories. Rip

October 15th, 2021 - 3:10pm

Sad news. He directed gems including War Machines, Seeds of Death and Claws of Axos. All three great.