November 23rd, 1963 327 comments

Ask A Question

Please note ALL “ask a question” comments are deleted every so often, usually every 100-200 posts or weekly which ever is the sooner otherwise there would 10’s of thousands of comments here .

If you would like to know anything specific about a piece of Doctor Who merchandise, or something related to it please ask here and we will try our best to answer it (or anyone else can who might have a better idea).

Please be patient and wait for an answer. We are not here 24 hours a day.

We will generally not answer any questions related to leaked information.

Please keep this section for merchandise questions only. Questions in the main threads (unless it has to do with the article) will be deleted.

There will be a permanent link to this article on the merchandise front page.

Please keep to questions relevant to Doctor Who merchandise. DO NOT leave any personal details such as email addresses (links or just wording ) or attempt to make contact or sell items via the comment boxes.

Please do not leave any spoilers, speculation or information on un-aired episodes or series here. This is for merchandise only.

Any irrelevant posts, and posts that have nothing to do with merchandise will be deleted without explanation as will questions we are not prepared to answer.

Categorised under: News, Retail

• DalekAgent

April 19th, 2021 - 12:30pm

Random question but does anyone know why some of the black and white figures (1st doctor and dalek and 2nd doctor and cyberman) are comic con exclusives because i own both of them now but they are not comic con exclusives (i.e they don’t have the comic con sticker and they don’t have a limited edition number), I guess what im trying to say is it a similar situation that happened with the time crash set where that was comic con exclusive but uk only got 100 of them

April 19th, 2021 - 2:14pm

Their was so many sets that were sold at comic Con In America as exclusives.
      The rest (normal versions) were sold at shops like Forbidden Planet in the UK.

• daz

April 19th, 2021 - 5:20pm

Something like that… I’ve got them too. Think it was Forbidden Planet had them as an exclusive.

April 19th, 2021 - 7:16pm

Yeah I think it could be like the time crash thing or forbidden planet but I don’t know. 😀

April 19th, 2021 - 7:26pm

The B&W figures like many sets back then were sold outside of SDCC by FP international or FP before that stopped in the UK, I think there were 1250 of each set.

The UK100 set was sold via CO in the UK, you had to phone them to order it

• DalekAgent

April 19th, 2021 - 7:27pm

Ah makes sense

• Judooning

April 20th, 2021 - 10:57am

It makes me feel sick to my stomach that at the time, I managed to get the numbered SDCC versions of both black and white sets…and I tore the boxes open and threw the packaging away. If only I knew back in the day.

April 20th, 2021 - 11:11am

still got all our packaged, bought every single release back in the day

• Judooning

April 20th, 2021 - 11:46am

I recently got the standard B&W versions boxed, but there’s just something about having a sticker with a number on it that makes it even better haha

April 18th, 2021 - 12:13am

Hi booboo, you must be sick of B and M related questions so apologies, but what do you expect / think we might get this year? Obviously not the completely specific contents, but which doctors / era’s do you think we’ll get? I’d like a 10 set, maybe the dark blue shirt variant, I’d love to see an Eighth doctor set as well with his Night of the Doctor costume but I believe that’s unlikely

At this time all we can do is speculate but if anyone has any sets they’d really like, realistic and non-realistic then feel free to reply and we can see what pops up and what doesn’t! 🙂

• TimelordTim

April 18th, 2021 - 8:20am

My top 10 predictions for what is most likely across the eras are:

Ian, Barbara, Susan
      Polly, Ben, Tenth Planet Cyberman
      Jamie, Zoe, Ice Warrior
      Liz, Auton variants x2
      Adric, Earthshock Cyberman X2
      Tegan, Nyssa, Ainley Master
      8th, Lucie, Zygon
      Clara, Rose (Moment), Osgood
      Vastra, Jenny, Strax
      Dhawan Master, Ruth Doctor, 13th

After the release of the Silver Nemesis and Two Doctors sets a couple years back I don’t think we’ll get a 6th or 7th era 3-pack again this time around, the same for 4th era after the releases last year. The 3rd era only gets a prediction because it is possible we might get a Liz to finish off that period.

Of these, considering the way B&M sets have gone lately, I think the most likely will be the 5th Doctor era packs and maybe the 13th era set alongside.

The least likely from these guesses would probably be the 8th era set and the Paternoster Gang, but we can only hope!

I’ve still got fingers crossed for a re-release of the 1st Doctor and TARDIS from An Unearthly Child as well, even better if in Black and White, but suspect we may get a 7th Doctor in that release this time.

It’s always fun to see what comes along in the end, so long as they are as good as last year’s releases I’m sure we’ll all be happy.

April 18th, 2021 - 8:53am

I think companions / Doctors around the 1st, 2nd or 5th Doctor, an early Tardis maybe that’s what a lot have been asking for

April 18th, 2021 - 8:55am

Ogron, Solon and Condo.

• Day Dalek Gold

April 18th, 2021 - 2:30pm

I would like the Keller Machine and a suited Delgado Master among others.

April 18th, 2021 - 3:07pm

Tenth planet cybermen could be released in a first doctor or twelfth doctor set, I’d really like a 5th doctor and earthshock cybermen but I don’t know how likely that is considering we got one in “the monsters” pack, albeit as an attack of the cybermen one

Not sure why we couldn’t get a “time war” or even “time lord victorious” pack, with 8 from NOTD , 9 and 10 with a dark blue shirt, or even just one doctor and 2 bronze Daleks

• Judooning

April 18th, 2021 - 4:21pm

Companions of the 1st Dr set: Ian, Barbara & Suzan

Revenge of the Cybermen set: Cyberman, Cyber Leader & Harry Sullivan variant

13th Dr Adventure set: Captain Jack Harkness, Corroded Cyberguard with Preacher gun, 13th Dr variant (Blue top, without bum bag)

History of the Daleks set #5: Evil of the Daleks – Emperor Guard Dalek & Standard Drone Dalek

History of the Daleks set #6: Planet of the Daleks – Antilight reflective Dalek & Supreme Dalek

TARDIS set: 1st Dr (Unearthly Child) with TARDIS

Robot set (acting as a 2nd TARDIS set but gives more variety): 4th Dr Season 12 & K1 Robot

• Doctor…Who?

April 18th, 2021 - 8:23pm

thought up an entire Season 12 based B&M wave, completely hypothetical seeing as one or two of the sets are basically impossible to create.

Season 12 Villains- Set 1:

Blazer Harry Sullivan

Season 12 TARDIS set-
      Jacketless 4th doctor in pully and
      Small base, small roof TARDIS

• Day Dalek Gold

April 19th, 2021 - 6:58am

I am pretty sure history of the Salem’s set 5 would be Power of the Daleks and 6 Day of the Daleks. Also I am very up for an unearthly child tardis set as well as a season 12 wave.

• TheWHOlegacy

April 19th, 2021 - 10:47am

Wouldn’t the next 2 history of the daleks sets be power & evil?

• Day Dalek Gold

April 19th, 2021 - 3:48pm

Yes sorry I meant power then evil.

• prototype dalek

April 19th, 2021 - 8:09pm

I don’t want to speculate or go against the rules and feel free to delete booboo if you so wish, but without saying anything, one of the above comments (not saying who) did get one of the guesses of predicted sets correct. Little bit of fun to keep everyone occupied, lol.

I shall not say anything else till the official announcement in respect to CO PR, my source and booboo and this site.

• Who Knows

April 19th, 2021 - 9:41pm

It’s the 4th Doctor & K1 Robot – I called B&M Head Office as the set names/codes were leaked and they confirmed it . . .

April 20th, 2021 - 9:59am

Don’t see how they keep a lid on leaks if their head office confirms it

• the ergon

April 19th, 2021 - 9:52pm

For two of the sets i,m going to predict for wave 1:
      Tegan, Nyssa and either Adric/5th doctor Regenerated (castrovalva set)
      Second Doctor (Fur coat), Jamie and Victoria (the Web of Fear)
      and subsequant HOTD sets and any TARDIS.
      I would like to be surprised with a monster set as well.
      A second wave could so easily change Tegan and nyssas outfits from Season 20.

• prototype dalek

April 20th, 2021 - 10:11am

Well for a period of time some of the sets were listed on the B&M systems at most stores, so not really a great idea to put unconfirmed sets on the system for all to see if anyone asks.

• The ergon

April 20th, 2021 - 12:21pm

Seeing what was put on the list, i,m hopeful for at least an adric or tegan. I would definitely like one or two of fifths companions.l,m hyped for a fewof those 60s sets if confirmed.

• Day Dalek Gold

April 20th, 2021 - 3:54pm

Well I suspected the K1 as it was in the background in an Al Dewar video.

• The Outcast

April 20th, 2021 - 4:56pm

Wait, so that B&M product codes leak was genuine? CO really don’t have luck with leaks, do they? Still, that’s atleast one B&M set I’ll be picking up. Can’t wait to see what the set contents actually are!

April 20th, 2021 - 6:16pm

All i do know is that (many) people who phoned head office with the product codes were told said items were “on the system”

In the interest of CO I have blocked numerous posts with the set names and product numbers but cant do anything about head office more or less “confirming it”

All i hope is these sets dont turn up on ebay as last year confirming the contents.

• Day Dalek Gold

April 20th, 2021 - 6:53pm

Well I always suspected as the K1 was in the background of an Al Dewar video.

• Prototype dalek

April 20th, 2021 - 7:12pm

It wasn’t necessarily a leak in the traditional sense, but just that they were put on the shop system’s for all to see if anyone asked about them and head office just acknowledge if anyone asked as well. So it was more of a case of no one passing on the message that no one was supposed to know yet.

April 20th, 2021 - 7:26pm

an “employee” who should know better took great pleasure in leaking the set names and product codes on twitter and social media , that’s where it started

• prototype dalek

April 20th, 2021 - 8:25pm

Shame really, wasn’t it 3 titles that were leaked originally? Also strange that nothing has been said about the leak officially.

• the ergon

April 20th, 2021 - 8:39pm

CO should put more stringent measures in place to prevent this happening before an unveiling. They know how popular these sets are, Leaks will get out and the word spreads like wildfire. If the images do show up, people will want to see them. It would just be nice just for once to see the official video come first.

• Who Knows

April 20th, 2021 - 9:05pm

Apologies booboo

April 21st, 2021 - 9:03am

dont worry, we just cant put that on here

• Day Dalek Gold

April 21st, 2021 - 8:08am

When did this leak occur?

April 21st, 2021 - 9:01am

a while back now

• Day Dalek Gold

April 21st, 2021 - 3:43pm

Okay.

• the ergon

April 16th, 2021 - 8:43pm

RIP Helen Mcrory alias Rosanna Calvierri in The Vampires of Venice. Wonderful Actress.

• the ergon

April 17th, 2021 - 9:51am

Just been checking birth dates and its a big Happy Birthday to Arnold Yarrow who played Bellal. 101 today. After Earl cameron who i think also reached his centenary, he must be the oldest surviving Doctor Who actor as far as i know. David Tennant has a long way to catch up and Hes a mere 50 tomorrow.

April 18th, 2021 - 11:35am

R.I.P Helen McCrory :(.

• The Flying Shark

April 16th, 2021 - 7:25pm

RIP Helen McCrory 🙁

April 16th, 2021 - 7:45pm

Only 52… RIP

• Day Dalek Gold

April 17th, 2021 - 9:39am

Very much so.

April 23rd, 2021 - 6:13pm

R.I.P. Helen McCrory. 🙁

• Doctor

April 16th, 2021 - 12:12pm

Has anyone seen josh snares you tube channel it seems that he has found some leaked Animatics from the evil of the Daleks

April 16th, 2021 - 12:15pm

I dont call it a leak, but more like a (probably an honest) mistake, but yes we all know about it

April 16th, 2021 - 9:52am

Received the preludes book boo boo and it’s brilliant. Very good quality complete with the artwork from the stories. It might be a complete ripoff of those involved (and that’s something I don’t condone) but in lieu of an official short story panini collection I’m pleased i bought it

• Prototype dalek

April 16th, 2021 - 8:17am

Seems like more of the 4th doctor Funko Playmobil stock has arrived on ebay, from onepackltd if anyone who is interested missed out last time.

• Sambot22

April 14th, 2021 - 10:26am

The new Judoon Captain figure is currently on offer on Amazon at the moment for £5.56.

April 14th, 2021 - 7:13am

Got to ask. How does an ebayer own echoes of extinction early

April 14th, 2021 - 8:44am

review sample, connected to the trade, any number reasons, the seller seems to sell mostly vinyls

Puzzled as to why more retailers haven’t put this up especially for international sales

April 13th, 2021 - 5:04pm

Looks like the preludes book has been removed from lulu. I ordered it so i hope i get a refund.

April 13th, 2021 - 5:22pm

not surprised in the slightest , blatant copyright infringement

April 13th, 2021 - 5:29pm

Not surprised either but when you order a product you should either receive it or get a refund

April 13th, 2021 - 5:32pm

oh, definitely, you should have been refunded immediately if it was pulled.

April 13th, 2021 - 7:16pm

The page link is gone but I’ve had nothing from lulu. Sent an email so I’ll just have to wait. Really disappointing if i don’t get the book but I’ve just ordered the new collection from pencil tip publishing on lulu, Sarah jane smith: roving reporter which looks good.

April 14th, 2021 - 8:56am

Received reply from lulu. If you ordered the book before removal you should receive it as long as it entered production (ie printing) mine has been sent.

April 14th, 2021 - 9:01am

you may have something with very few copies then.

April 14th, 2021 - 11:52am

To be honest rarity doesn’t really interest me, just having the preludes is enough for me.

• Who Knows

April 13th, 2021 - 1:54pm

Do you think we’ll get one of the two Character Options online exclusives before the B&M range this year?

April 13th, 2021 - 2:03pm

Just before – assuming they did go ahead with them

• Who Knows

April 13th, 2021 - 2:18pm

I think it’s amazing they sold 10,000 the Jungles of Mechanus sets in 3 weeks.

April 13th, 2021 - 2:34pm

It was a “no brainier” really, many people bought 2 as collectors would, lots bought several for movie Dalek customs.

I cant think of anything that would have the same impact in such a short period to be honest.

• Who Knows

April 13th, 2021 - 2:55pm

The only thing I can think of is the Yeti – it’s demanded by the fans and tops every poll, it can be army build, web of fear has become the biggest selling classic doctor who dvd, well known monster etc.

April 13th, 2021 - 3:01pm

yeti, possibly,but in the dream set ( to many anyway) of a Fur Coated Troughton and Jamie, then perhaps an add on “army builder” pack of 2 yeti with slight variations.

The yeti is however a big chunk of plastic so cost maybe an issue now

• Who Knows

April 13th, 2021 - 3:23pm

The perfect army builder would be the inclusion of a generic soldier from story to recreate the episode 4 ambush sequence in Covent Garden – Character could get the most out of the new sculpts from the recent B&M “Claws of Axos” set.

Perhaps the online exclusive with a dark haired yeti & soldier, then a B&M release with a light haired yeti & Leftbridge Stewart. The yeti robots do look great in monochrome – a return of the “black & white “series would be welcome.

• Prototype dalek

April 13th, 2021 - 4:38pm

Well I’m certainly looking forward to the upcoming range, just have to see when the photos are released on what the set’s will have.

April 13th, 2021 - 5:00pm

Talking about 5 inch Doctor Who figures, which Philip Madoc character would you say is most likely to be made, and which ever one is most likely, how would it be released e.g. what set?

• Who Knows

April 13th, 2021 - 5:08pm

I hate this period of waiting to find out what’s included especially when the titles of the sets have been leaked – I find myself speculating what the contents are. It’s odd I don’t care about getting my hands on them after the reveal as much haha.

• The Outcast

April 13th, 2021 - 5:48pm

I think that something such as a Nightmare or a Wheel Cyberman, or a “proper” outfit Ainley Master would go down pretty well as an online exclusive. Like, those are pretty sought after from what I know. Jamie is also a good bet. We’ll have to see if they come out with any more exclusives.

April 13th, 2021 - 5:54pm

Nightmare Cyberman should be a good option as several variants possible and army builder + CAD (if not tooling) already exists

That was the other thing with the Daleks set is that apart for the ears all other parts and tooling already existed

April 13th, 2021 - 9:16pm

i always wanted an armyu build set of one cyberman and one bronze dalek twin pack, easy army builders, they’d sell really well i’d imagine

April 14th, 2021 - 5:52pm

For Madoc, I would imagine Solon.

• Who Knows

April 15th, 2021 - 12:15pm

I feel there was a time and place for the “Nightmare in Silver” Cyberman but Character missed it.

April 13th, 2021 - 12:47pm

I’m always curious as to why we didn’t get more variants of doctors, for example 10 and 12, to paint twelve with a different colour jacket or hoodie would have been very little change to character and can’t have cost them much more to make, the same with 10, can’t understand why we only got the one shirt colour or never got the black converse with the brown suit like from the impossible planet / Satan pit, granted these are minor differences but they’d still sell surely? And at little to no extra cost to make

April 13th, 2021 - 2:23pm

As the 5.5″ range is very much in B&M’s ball park the moment they will have made a judgment over the last few years as to what works well for them, and i suspect its very firmly “classic”.

The “toy buyers” at the peak with the 10th Doctor have long gone and guranteed sales are now more or less in the hands of long term loyal collectors.

• daz

April 13th, 2021 - 2:13am

Hi booboo. Hope you are well?

A while back I mentioned that I was looking into sourcing plastic covers for the Limited Edition Seasons.

I’ve now got some I’m happy with and want to share info and photo’s of mine on here.

If okay with you I’ll send it via email and if you want it can be used as an update to the Season 24 page or it’s own feature.

I will say that as I display my sets with covers on view they may not be suitable for those who place them on shelf like a book. As the width is wider but will work with larger sets from 60’s.

Thanks.

April 13th, 2021 - 6:30am

yes fine

• Lege

April 15th, 2021 - 1:53pm

Hi daz can you give some info on these covers?

• daz

April 18th, 2021 - 12:14pm

Hi Lege.

Will be sending email and info once I get round to taking photo’s. They are £4 each but worth it in my opinion.

The size I opted for is 18.3 x 15.3 x 6.3cm. Which is why not suitable if placing them on shelf like a book

Not sure if allowed to name store but booboo can make that decision once I send info.

Thanks.

• MJS

April 12th, 2021 - 7:01pm

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but I don’t know where is!

I have 2 original Dr Who the movie VHS covers, both certified 15 before it was withdrawn and then reissued as 12.

What would they be worth now? They are possibly quite rare as I can’t find them on a popular internet auction site. Would there even be a market?

April 12th, 2021 - 1:36am

OK: List the TOP 3 items you really, really wanted; but for any (For whatever) reason you never managed to get?

1. 50th. Anniversary Silver Harlequin Ingot
    2. 50th. Anniversary 11th. Doctor Steiff Danbury Mint Bear
    3. Rabbit Tanaka Tardis Console Lava Lamp

• Doctor Stu

April 12th, 2021 - 12:22pm

1.) Vespifrom from character options
      2.) The weeping Angel from big chief studios but it was way too expensive
      3.) replica Ood head but I was a child when it was released so this may have clouded my desperation

• MJS

April 12th, 2021 - 6:58pm

Danbury Mint chess set. I couldn’t afford it as a student.

• TheDoctorWhoCollector

April 12th, 2021 - 10:22pm

1. Titan maxi bust 10th Doctor Gridlock varient.
      2. Character Options time crash the 5th Doctor on his own.
      3. Character Cards inc weathered Tardis cookie jar.

• Doctor Mysterio

April 13th, 2021 - 1:03pm

I do have a 50th Anniversary Silver Harlequin Ingot! Believe these are super rare! Anyone know how many were actually issued?

April 13th, 2021 - 1:09pm

I have one as well, they went bust not long after people got the first orders so I dont know how many are out there

Things i regret missing the most…

1. The unreleased 3.75″ wave that turned up on ebay and i missed by 30 seconds
      2. Vespiform
      3. The 2 ultra Rare Titans

• KORSAIR

April 13th, 2021 - 4:54pm

What was in the unreleased 3.75″ wave Booboo?

April 13th, 2021 - 5:20pm

seem to remember 2x Missy Black/Purple, 8th Doctor, 12th Variant and 2x (unreleased) Daleks

some carded and loose ones turned up on ebay from a overstocks/warehouse clearance seller.

these were all tooled and ready to go and presumably heading for toys r us but large scale production never took place and the line cancelled.

same seller also had a few “stretch cyberman” from the toy fair.

loads of stuff is pitched / prototyped but never made, wave 5 of CB was done and dusted but never saw the light of day

April 13th, 2021 - 5:32pm

Saw a Harlequin Silver Ingot on ebay for £230 recently. Also saw the 11th. Steiff Bear for £800 as well. I can’t remember the original price for the Ingot I think is was about £60 & I seem to remember the bear was about £250-£300. The Silver Ingot release was only about 15 buyers from the 100 available & the Bear was supposedly only 5,000 made, but ended up dropping to 750 from Danbury Mint’s original Orders.

April 13th, 2021 - 5:45pm

Harlequin were doing a massive range of items, i was always puzzled why they failed with such a high level of promotion at the time.

April 11th, 2021 - 4:46pm

It is funny about all this talk about Condo/Colin Fay as I am trying to create for my own pleasure and amusement and boredom a biography about Colin Fay. I know about what he was in and that he was an opera singer, and recently purchased the Brain of Morbius DVD merely for the special features. However, I do not know much else about him, e.g. his height, when and where he was born and when and where he died. Does anyone know anything? If so, please let me know? Also merchandise wise does anybody know about what kind of special features could be done for the season 13 collection blu ray boxset?

• The Evil Dalek

April 10th, 2021 - 3:55am

Hey there! Have you heard of anything new for the Classic Series Original Television Soundtrack albums? I recently heard a rumour from a friend, that ‘The Trial of a Time Lord’ (The Mysterious Planet, Mindwarp, Terror of the Vervoids & The Ultimate Foe) by Dominic Glynn, Richard Hartley & Malcolm Clarke is next.

That would cover a 6th Doctor Story (or should I say full series!) but we still don’t have a released soundtrack for the 3rd Doctor (The Silurians, Inferno, The Mind of Evil, The Sea Devils, The Mutants & Death to the Daleks being the only fully surviving scores) and the last lot was over a year ago

April 10th, 2021 - 7:31am

I haven’t heard anything, sorry, but the Trial of a Time Lord idea is a good bet. As for a 3rd Doctor one, I’m thinking maybe The Silurians . But there’s no telling if we’re right or wrong until they’re revealed.

April 10th, 2021 - 8:46am

back in 2017 there were supposed to be 8 releases to make up a Tardis spine and only 6 have been released i think, Silva screen have been very quiet on Doctor Releases of late

• The Evil Dalek

April 10th, 2021 - 6:46pm

For a 3rd Doctor score, it’s hard to say. From the recent releases of Score releases, it seems like they are avoiding repeating composers. So taking that into consideration, that would scratch off The Mind of Evil & The Mutants by Dudley Simpson & Tristram Cary as they have already had releases with The Daleks & The Sun Makers (and if The Trial of a Time Lord is goings to be next, then The Sea Devils won’t be released next as they are both by Malcolm Clarke). Also, Inferno’s score is made up of Stock Music and I think they would want to release composed scores first before Stock Scores. That only leaves The Silurians & Death to the Daleks, both by Carey Blyton

• the ergon

April 10th, 2021 - 8:39pm

How about one of Geoffrey Burgons scores rereleased either for Terror of the zygons or Seeds of Doom?

• The Evil Dalek

April 11th, 2021 - 6:46am

Great scores yes, but they are from the 4th Doctor’s Era who has already had a score released (last year). However, if there is a second run of Classic Soundtrack scores, I am hoping for a rerelease of Geoffrey Burgon’s score for Terror of the Zygons (with all the tracks this time, bonus cut tracks, Special Sounds and the bagpipe music from Part 1 by Bob Murphy) to represent the 4th Doctor’s Era for that run

• the ergon

April 11th, 2021 - 10:09am

Burgons scores are so haunting and unlike any scores assosciated with Doctor Who and sound as though they could have been created for some other drama or Genre.
      Any bonus tracks including Murphys Bagpipe music would be warmly welcomed. Anything that adds or enhances the original release.

• The Evil Dalek

April 12th, 2021 - 5:28am

Agreed. Terror of the Zygon’s score by Burgon is my favourite 4th Doctor Score. It’s so atmospheric and different to any other score except Seeds of Doom (which is also fantastic but drags a bit). I am hoping for recreations of isolates scores which no exist, like The Savages, The War Games & Genesis of the Daleks and that might be a possibility as Mark Ayers did recreate Mindwarp’s score, along with Richard Hartley (the only lost 80s score) but I think they would want to push back until they have released all the fully surviving 60s & 70s scores at least (The Edge of Destruction, The Web Planet, The Space Museum, The Time Meddler, Galaxy 4, Mission to the Unknown, The Daleks’ Master Plan, The Massacre of St Bartholomew’s Eve, The Gunfighters, The War Machines, The Tenth Planet, The Highlanders, The Moonbase, The Faceless Ones, Tomb of the Cybermen, The Abominable Snowmen, Enemy of the World, The Web of Fear, Fury from the Deep, The Wheel in Space, The Dominators, The Mind Robber, The Seeds of Death, The Silurians, Inferno, The Mind of Evil, The Sea Devils, The Mutants, Death to the Daleks, Revenge of the Cybermen, Terror of the Zygons, The Seeds of Doom & Shada)

• Gordon

April 12th, 2021 - 10:30pm

Mark Ayers said on the radio free skaro podcast a few weeks back that silver screen are desperate for him to do more soundtracks. From the way he spoke it sounds like it’s all about finding the time to do it as he’s been really busy with the collection sets.

April 9th, 2021 - 7:21pm

R.I.P Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh. 🙁

• Day Dalek Gold

April 10th, 2021 - 8:59am

Indeed.

April 10th, 2021 - 11:01am

Indeed. 🙁

April 10th, 2021 - 9:29pm

Not unexpected perhaps, but still a sad day. Thoughts to the family. R.I.P.

April 9th, 2021 - 9:23am

Hi, just curious. Where does the cyberman with sword in chest figure originate from. Was it ever in sealed packaging? Character options figure

April 9th, 2021 - 10:15am

It was an Argos exclusive CO figure loose in the 11th Doctor Tardis Playset

• Prototype dalek

April 9th, 2021 - 12:52pm

Just came in a plastic bag on some backing card within the tardis set

• Judooning

April 8th, 2021 - 2:14pm

Just went on a random 6th Dr shopping spree…

6th Dr in Blue outfit figurine
    Sil figurine
    6th Dr with Umbrella pin badge

April 8th, 2021 - 1:37pm

Booboo will you be putting up the Box Covers for the Melkur, Warrior Cyberman & Chameleon soon?

April 8th, 2021 - 1:56pm

on hold at the moment will try to do them soon but they dont really serve the purpose they used to i feel

• Haza14

April 8th, 2021 - 1:05pm

Has there been any word about the 12th Doctor Companion volumes from DWM? It’s been over a year since the last one. Is it just a COVID linked thing? I hope they continue them soon!

• Dancing Auton

April 7th, 2021 - 8:05pm

I have some B a fan set ideas and would like to know what anyone thinks of them, which ones are likely and unlikely and what sets you would add. I am aware that some are very costly to make so unlikely.
    Enemies of the First Doctor set: Zarbi, Mechanoid and War Machine
    Companions of the First Doctor set 1963: Ian, Barbara and Susan
    Enemies of the Second Doctor set: Abominable Snowmen Yeti, Wheel in Space Cyberman and Kroton
    Companions of the Second Doctor Set 1966: Ben, Polly and Jamie
    History of the Daleks sets 5 and 6
    History of the Daleks set 1.2: 1963 Daleks with 3 and 4 numbered lines on back
    Three Doctors set: See the 0doctorwho0 video(And maybe subscribe)
    Third Doctor and Bessie set from the Daemons
    Fifth Doctor Tardis interior
    Ice Warrior set 1: Isbur, Sskkel and Skaldak
    Ice Lord set: Slaar, Izlyr and Azaxyr
    Day of the Daleks set: Jo, Controller and Ogron with pistol
    Terror of the Autons set: Master in suit with troll doll and two Flower Autons
    Brain of Morbius set: Solon, Condo with knife as well as holster ability like Leela and Sarah Jane.

• JL

April 7th, 2021 - 10:48pm

I think companions of the 1st and 2nd doctors (bar Jamie) are feasible with minimal new tooling possibly on a B&M budget, Jamue would probably have to be an online Character Options exclusive with extra funding for new parts such as the kilt and legs, the History of the Daleks sets seem very likely to continue, the Terror of the Autons set Daffodil Autons and Ogron seem quite feasible with new head sculpts and or torso wraps. Unfortunately, a lot of the other ideas seem quite unlikely either due to minimal demand on a general market to divert funds into (i.e. Solon and Codon) or generally too expensive on a B&M budget but could perhaps be online exclusives if Character see potential one day (i.e. 2013 Ice Warrior, Classic Tardis, Bessie at a push). Having not had many 60s who enemies other than Daleks, Cybermen, Roboman, Mechanoid, Ice Warriors, it’s probably unlikely we’ll see any new foes, personally I think a lot could be achieved using new sculpting on an axon man figure – Sensorites and Voord could be feasible with new lower leg tooling, hands and a new head, perhaps even a Chameleon or an Ice Lord from Monster of Peladon could be achieved, my most ambitious want myself would be a Nimon, a new robe piece, head sculpt, lower legs and hands on an axon man figure could achieve a rough approximation, but the limit there would most likely be costs out weighing potential profit for Character. I think their focus will predominantly be on Characters or Villains that could be achieved with at most new head sculpts and or torso wraps, but who knows…

• Dancing Auton

April 8th, 2021 - 8:12am

Indeed. Seems you have some good ideas there yourself.

• TimelordTim

April 8th, 2021 - 10:39am

Going by the recent releases I think new companions are most likely, maybe with the occasional re-release of monsters, some possible ideas:

Ian, Barbara, Susan
      Polly, Ben, Tenth Planet Cyberman
      Jamie, Zoe, Ice Warrior
      Liz, Auton variants x2
      Adric, Earthshock Cyberman X2
      Tegan, Nyssa, Ainley Master
      8th, Lucie, Zygon
      Clara, Rose (Moment), Osgood
      Vastra, Jenny, Strax
      Dhawan Master, Ruth Doctor, 13th

I don’t know how feasible some of these are but I think this is the sort of direction we can hope for from the B&M range, alongside the HotD sets and TARDIS packs of course.

I’d really like to see more new monsters (Mara, Ice Lord, Tzim-Sha, Skithra Queen, Movellan, classic Silurian, modern Cybermen variants are top of my wishlist) but not sure how feasible they are on budgets. Maybe a few will appear online though.

• Dancing Auton

April 8th, 2021 - 11:50am

Quite possibly. I think companions sets, UNIT sets and 13th Doc sets are likely due to the format.

April 8th, 2021 - 1:23pm

For the Dalek sets, they could easily do Dalek Sec in the revised sculpt and with a normal bronze Dalek, sell it as a cult of skaro pack, they have the tooling and it’d be nice to get a newer sculpt Dalek Sec considering it was only released in the USA

• Dancing Auton

April 8th, 2021 - 1:41pm

Good idea!

• JL

April 8th, 2021 - 4:27pm

I’d really like them to do a Kerblam man, a Three Doctors Brigadier could be adapted with a new torso wrap and a new head and hands sculpt could be added, feasible enough for a B&M set, the same way we got Benton and Yates in 2020. I think the Mickey Smith figure with a new torso wrap could achieve both Ben and Adric figures, Jo Grant could be used for Polly or Liz – her Claws of Axos figure for a Faceless Ones Polly or her 3 Doctors figure for a Tenth Planet variant of Polly or a Silurians Liz. Toby Zed figure for a Celestial Toymaker Steven, Coatless Ace for a Toymaker Dodo. Zoe in her sparkly jumpsuit using a Leather Jacket Martha figure, An Abominble Snowmen Victoria using a new wrap on a Monster of Peladon Sarah Jane variant figure, Turlough and Ian using an appropriate suited figure, Mel in her Vervoids jumpsuit using a Helen Cutter Primeval figure, Nyssa from Mawdryn Undead using a new torso wrap on a Leela figure, if the budget was there a new wrap on the figure used for Yaz for Nyssa’s Velvet costume as a rough approximation, A season 20 Tegan could easily be made using a Peri figure but I’d love to see her in her Hostess outfit or something from Season 21

• Dancing Auton

April 8th, 2021 - 7:53pm

Cool ideas. For big characters like Condo, does anyone have any ideas what figures to use?

April 7th, 2021 - 7:10pm

There is an (presumably) unofficial doctor who collection been added to lulu.com for order.

The new doctor who adventures – the preludes

As I no longer have the magazines I’ve ordered it. Cover is great!

April 6th, 2021 - 11:29pm

Hi Booboo – or anyone else who may know – I’m looking to try and find a Dalek Sec figure (series 4 – present sculpt) does anyone know where would be best to find it? I’m aware it was released in the USA diamond doomsday set, not sure if it was released in any other sets, I believe it was also released single carded but I don’t know where I’d find it

• Day Dalek Gold

April 7th, 2021 - 6:27pm

I am very sorry I could not find a Dalek Sec. But I would keep looking if I were you. There were plenty of them around last year. It is very annoying, I have been looking for figures that were available last year as well and are not available anymore or really expensive.

April 7th, 2021 - 6:41pm

the single carded one never made it to the UK much to the annoyance of many as it was on the back of the others “collect them all”

looking around this and the doomsday set seem to be really scarce now

April 7th, 2021 - 8:07pm

I believe the way I got it and possibly the only way back then was off Amazon as they were as booboo said not really in the UK.

April 9th, 2021 - 2:12pm

Would you say Condo is about 6 foot 7?

• Pesky Sontaran

April 6th, 2021 - 8:28am

I have been wondering. If character options need to measure actors to get there measurements right for a figure, how would they do dead people? For example if they did a Brain of aMorbius set featuring Sarah Solon and Condo, how would they know Phillip Madoc and Colin Fay’s height? Does anyone hear even know how tall they were?

• Doctor Stu

April 6th, 2021 - 10:20am

Do they even go that in depth anymore? Wouldn’t be surprised if they just guessed by what they see on screen. Otherwise how would they have done Benton and Yates and Romana etc, they’re not the same height or body shape anymore as their figures. And we saw how overly massive they made Capaldi

• Pesky Sontaran

April 6th, 2021 - 11:37am

Well I suppose so. Capaldi was stupidly tall and anyway I am not sure that they can guess all that well as some characters never stand next to another for a long period of time. However, if you look in the Brain of Morbius how tall Colin Fay was next to Elisabeth Sladen who was around 5 foot 3 or 4 and he towers over her. Even in an episode of All Creatures Great and Small Fay towers over Peter Davison who was 6 foot 1. He has got to be at least over 6 foot 5.

• Neil Corry

April 6th, 2021 - 2:19pm

“Just guessed” is almost the answer.

Heights of actors can be found relatively easy thanks to the internet, but sometimes that won’t help. Bonnie Langford might be a little over 5 feet tall but Mel’s hairstyles and her footwear change that quite a bit. So you compare it with the height of actors you do know – with C Baker and S McCoy’s heights well known.

Philip Madoc is relatively easy to work out because he’s appeared in multiple Doctor Who stories, and we know the heights of Fraser Hines, Patrick Troughton and Tom Baker. Sarah Jane Smith isn’t especially good reference because Elisabeth Sladen’s always in heels. Not a bad idea when acting alongside Tom and Jon.

Colin Fay would be trickier as Condo has been made even taller with his footwear, and Fay’s a big chap anyway, except Condo crouches over making the height of a figure/figurine different to him standing straight. The best thing to do would be to compare him to the Doctor, the Morbius Monster and – because you’ve just worked out Madoc’s height, obviously – use Madoc too.

• Pesky Sontaran

April 6th, 2021 - 7:21pm

I have estimated Madoc at around 5 foot 6 and Fay is at least over a foot higher than him. Does anyone else have any idea about Fay’s height or even when he was born?

April 5th, 2021 - 9:23pm

Noticed the page counts for the terrance dicks omnibus editions have reduced from a 1000+ to 570 and 490 now. Still complete and unabridged though. Now took £20 off via my waterstones loyalty card so £30 for the two hardbacks making each book £3!

• Lollipop Auton

April 5th, 2021 - 11:21am

For season 13 boxset, does anyone know if people like Colin Fay are still alive to do behind the sofa?

April 5th, 2021 - 11:59am

Colin Fay’s sadly dead.

• Lollipop Auton

April 5th, 2021 - 12:29pm

That is very sad. By the way how did you find out because I have looked for ages and never found such information?

April 23rd, 2021 - 6:09pm

R.I.P. Colin Fay. 🙁

April 4th, 2021 - 8:23pm

Yes, if they do ever release these films in a bluray collection format. I would be very happy if they only looked half as good as that.

April 4th, 2021 - 8:09pm

Just been looking at the figurine link you put up Booboo,
    For an April fools joke someone put up a mock up of the Blu-ray classic collection which included the Dr Who films complete with picture discs, booklet and case.
    To say it was just a mock up, it looked excellent.

April 4th, 2021 - 8:19pm

saw that and liked it a lot

• Prowl 1701

April 4th, 2021 - 11:31pm

Con someone post a link? I’d like to see that for the novelty of it.

April 5th, 2021 - 10:21am

Prowl 1701, just Google Dr Who figurine Facebook page.

April 5th, 2021 - 10:49am

• Prowl 1701

April 5th, 2021 - 4:42pm

Thanks guys, that does look really good!