November 23rd, 1963 129 comments

Ask A Question

Please note ALL “ask a question” comments are deleted every so often, usually every 200-300 posts otherwise there would 10’s of thousands of comments here .

If you would like to know anything specific about a piece of Doctor Who merchandise, or something related to it please ask here and we will try our best to answer it (or anyone else can who might have a better idea).

Please be patient and wait for an answer. We are not here 24 hours a day. Old comments and posts may be deleted.

We will not answer any questions related to leaked information.

Please keep this section for merchandise questions only. Questions in the main threads (unless it has to do with the article) will be deleted.

There will be a permanent link to this article on the merchandise front page.

Please keep to questions relevant to Doctor Who merchandise. DO NOT leave any personal details such as email addresses (links or just wording ) or attempt to make contact or sell items via the comment boxes.

Please do not leave any spoilers, speculation or information on un-aired episodes or series here. This is for merchandise only.

Any irrelevant posts and posts that have nothing to do with merchandise will be deleted without explanation as will questions we are not prepared to answer.

Categorised under: News, Retail

• Spidey in the Tardis

July 1st, 2020 - 1:14pm

Hey all, I want to get into 8th doctor big finish, is Dark eyes a good place to start? Like would I be able to start with dark eyes and continue onwards without listening to the previous audio dramas? I’d probably read up on them but Dark Eyes is the one that I really want to start

• George

July 1st, 2020 - 3:34pm

Yes, you can start there. There’s nothing major that needs to be listened to before. Although maybe check up to see how the Series 4 ended.

• Doctor 909

July 1st, 2020 - 4:04pm

Yeah, Dark Eyes is designed to be a jumping on point and is pretty good. Doom Coalition, Ravenous & Stranded (though I’d beg to differ with Ravenous as it does continue a fair bit of Doom Coalition’s plot threads) are also designed to be a jumping on point whilst also continuing the 8th Doctor’s story. I’d defo recommend starting them, the 8th Doctor Adventures are probably my favourite Big Finish range

• Drunk Giraffe

July 1st, 2020 - 4:37pm

Possibly Dark Eyes is where I started, although it will spoil the ending of the 8DAs with Lucie heavily. I’d actually recommend Stranded instead as it’s easily the best thing Big Finish have done in years and is completely stand alone other than knowing one companion is from the 1960s and the other the far future. Although you’ll still get a lot from listening from Dark Eyes onwards as I did. Enjoy it, I’d also recommend joining the Divergent Universe forum and interacting with BF community on Twitter.

• Whorules

June 30th, 2020 - 6:12pm

Another one gone. Louis Mahoney at 81 I think. He was newscaster in frontier in space, Ponti in planet of evil and old Billy in blink.

• Whorules

June 30th, 2020 - 1:31pm

Waterstone’s now have the time lord victorious collection listed but it still sounds to me as if it’s an error. The writeup is for the sea devil story not the tenth doctor dalek story. Be wary buying it

• The Ergon

June 30th, 2020 - 10:41am

Now theres the clear image, what do you think of The Biomechanoid dragon Booboo now its up for Preorder at the end of next month?

June 30th, 2020 - 11:10am

though FP might have it up already, will keep an eye on EM

• The Ergon

June 30th, 2020 - 11:59am

How do you rate it as it looks?

June 30th, 2020 - 12:12pm

difficult to tell from the one image, the head is much bigger on the real thing than the picture suggests needs to see more angles really

• Jason Irving

June 29th, 2020 - 2:31pm

Moving house, and my Seventh Doctor Umbrella broke! I’ve got in touch with Abbyshot, and they’ve ended their Doctor Who license at the end of last year, which is a shame, really, I thought they produced great merch!

• JL

June 29th, 2020 - 1:41pm

An odd idea for a b&m set but for you think character could do a “coats” set, where they don’t change a head sculpt but they change the coat piece, so for a 11, his green coat, for 12 his longer series 10 black coat with red hoodie and for 13 her black spyfall coat (don’t know if it’s possible to change the shirt sculpt)

• daz

June 27th, 2020 - 9:48pm

If any of you collected the 3.75 inch Character Range do you know if the Doctor’s heads are easily swappable?

Thanks

• Rick Astley

June 28th, 2020 - 4:18pm

11 and 12 are easily swappable. I think 10 was more difficult.

June 28th, 2020 - 4:31pm

Easily swappable the build quality is very weak

• daz

June 28th, 2020 - 5:45pm

Thanks.

I’ve just bought 1 of 10/11/12.

If I don’t like 12th head in hand I will get the raised eyebrow one to swap.

Only got them to go with figurine consoles as my figurines of 10, 11 and 12 are not the best with their paint applications.

• The Silent Silent

June 27th, 2020 - 7:00pm

Sorry to be a pain, but any news on the “Al Dewar” Figure Unboxing Video ???

June 27th, 2020 - 9:19pm

you need t ask CO/Al Dewars”golden boys”, we are of no consequence now despite our efforts. in the past

• Whorules

June 27th, 2020 - 2:56pm

The downtime sequel from candy jar books is finally at the printers. November 2018 it was announced!

• Doctor Stu

June 27th, 2020 - 10:34am

Has anyone got the fountains of forever comic? about 50 pages in when Dorothy rejuvenates there’s a panel at the right showing everyone’s reaction to it and then there’s a really random girl with two black eyes who never appears again and I have no clue why she’s there XD does anyone know who this is? Is it supposed to be Cindy? And if so is there a reason why she’s drawn in a completely different style

• Tardis7k

June 26th, 2020 - 10:28am

Just saw the artwork for the series 6 steelbook up for pre order on zoom now

• Doctor Stu

June 26th, 2020 - 9:41am

Does anyone know if there’s a way to make the head move on the remote control 5” supreme Dalek. I ordered what I thought was a standard one simply because of the fact I didn’t like that my remote control version didn’t have any articulation but it turns out the one they sent me was another remote control on, only without any controls or batteries which I’m not bothered about but I’m just annoyed that now I’ve got a second version with no articulation

• Euan Bird

June 26th, 2020 - 8:58am

Does anybody know where I would be able to find and buy The Sarah Jane Adventures series 4 blu ray. I’ve been looking everywhere but nobody has any stock.

June 26th, 2020 - 9:04am

long out of print, just keep and eye on Cex or ebay that’s all you can do

• JL

June 26th, 2020 - 9:58am

I hope they can do steelbooks of torchwood and sja one day

• daz

June 27th, 2020 - 12:50am

Having watched them both recently during lockdown I’d happily buy them on Steelbook.
      I would want SJ farewell lockdown special to be added into the mix though.

• daz

June 25th, 2020 - 9:44pm

booboo.

There are currently 2 posts about the 12th Doctor Tardis. Is one meant to be locked or merged with other?

June 26th, 2020 - 8:29am

no what happened was when the collection was started and then for some time the only thing available was the magazine cover so it was put under magazines when 1st announced to let people know what was coming, then when the item arrived we took pictures of the actual figure and set up a separate category for it under collectables, we just carried that on ever since.

• Whorules

June 25th, 2020 - 8:55pm

Just finished reading dr who and the yeti invasion of london. Ah, it was great fun!

• Doctor909

June 25th, 2020 - 7:35pm

Would anyone happen to know if B&M Crawley have any B&M sets (ideally the 8th Dr & Dalek set). I know they barely get any of the sets ever but it’s be greatly appreciated if anyone knows!

• Doctor Stu

June 26th, 2020 - 12:55am

Not sure about B&M but there are a few on amazon and eBay for quite low prices

June 26th, 2020 - 9:10am

scan this bar code with the B&M app, it will tell you where your nearest stock is (not 100% reliable but worth a try) This for the last 8th Doctor Dalek set

June 26th, 2020 - 10:29am

should say its the same bar code for all 3 sets no way to distinguish

• Doctor909

June 26th, 2020 - 11:03am

Thank you so much for your help! Didn’t know about the app -will definitely be helpful with this year’s sets as well!!!

June 26th, 2020 - 11:06am

yes all the bar codes are now in the posts for the new figures for when they arrive

• The Silent Silent

June 25th, 2020 - 10:41am

Good Morning Everybody.
    I have a question about pre-ordering from Rubbertoe replicas.
    I have Pre-ordered the new Sonic Screwdriver and was wondering
    a) what number screwdriver in the production order I am e.g. sonic no.124 of 300
    b) How long is it between pre-ordering and making the final payment, as I have paid a 50% deposit but want to know when that final payment is due, obviously cause £400 is alot of money.
    If anybody has pre-ordered from Rubbertoe before and has any advice I would be very grateful.
    Kind regards,
    The Silent Silent

• Thedoctor1104

June 25th, 2020 - 10:48am

1) You will receive and email soon saying what number you are. They do these manually I think so can sometimes take time.
      2) the rest of the money is due around 2 weeks before they ship your order. Depending on how many there are before you it could vary. My 11th doctor sonic was number 69 and I ordered before the run had started so it was about a year before I was charged the second amount.
      Hope this helps!

• The Silent Silent

June 25th, 2020 - 10:54am

Forgot to mention the Sonic I have pre ordered is the 10th Doctors One.
      Kind regards

• Thedoctor1104

June 25th, 2020 - 12:37pm

I imagine it will be around the same kind of time frame but not 100% sure. They haven’t started producing them yet so there is still a wait before they start.

• The Silent Silent

June 26th, 2020 - 10:21am

@Thedoctor1104
      Thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated.
      Kind regards 🙂

June 24th, 2020 - 8:43am

I’m trying to register for the Doctor Who toys Forum. I don’t understand the registration question though. It’s What was the little grey dog called? can you help? It makes no sense to me.

June 24th, 2020 - 9:28am

K9?

June 24th, 2020 - 5:41pm

Thank you. That was right.

• Doctor…Who?

June 24th, 2020 - 8:16am

Right, everyone. I think that we should all say thank you to someone. Someone who has worked tirelessly on this site, keeping it going, answering all your questions and queries and just plain helping everyone. And that person is Booboo. Thank you for all you’ve done for us and this site before and during this pandemic.

Thank you, Booboo.

• daz

June 24th, 2020 - 10:51am

Thank you booboo.

Your site keeps me (in)sane.

Much appreciated!

June 25th, 2020 - 7:00am

Thank you Booboo.

• Phasergrim

June 26th, 2020 - 8:43pm

Yeah cheers booboo mate, been a real help in the past.

• DWComicArt

June 30th, 2020 - 1:26pm

Thank you for your hard work. For some time the companies who produce DW merchandise have been failing at promotion (long before the pandemic, at least in the USA). Without this site, most fans wouldn’t even know what is available.

June 24th, 2020 - 6:42am

Booboo was the Trans-Temporal Sonic Screwdriver ever released in the UK? I can’t ever remember seeing it or buying it? I have only just noticed it has the UT Logo on with the US Choking Warning Tab & seem’s compatible with the Make Your Own Sonic 3-Pack that was released in the UK.

• Carl

June 23rd, 2020 - 9:31pm

Anyone heard anything on a supposed release date for Fury From The Deep?

And any idea what the next season will be as part of the blu ray collection?

June 24th, 2020 - 8:27am

I think Fury is September-October time.
      People are saying that the next blu-rays are either Season 20 or Season 11.

• Gordon

June 24th, 2020 - 10:15am

Fury is out 14th September according to zavvi. I’ve heard it’s either 20 or 2 but most likely 20.

June 25th, 2020 - 6:59am

For Season 2 they’d have to animate 2 missing episodes of The Crusade. I can’t exactly see them animating them just for a Blu-ray release. So, yeah possibly 20.

• Anomalous

June 25th, 2020 - 8:54pm

They don’t “have” to animate anything. Crusade is more likely to be a reconstruction than an animation

• Gordon

June 25th, 2020 - 9:43pm

Due to how expensive it is with the sheer amount of cast costumes and sets the collection range will be finished by the time the crusade becomes a suggestible release with animation. It’s the 2nd biggest story in terms of Sets characters and costumes (galaxy 4, evil and abominable combined). Can’t see them doing crusade when there are far more easier and cheaper stories that can be done. It will most likely be a telesnap reconstruction that will be on the collection release.

June 26th, 2020 - 6:34am

Fair enough.

• daz

June 23rd, 2020 - 7:49pm

Hi everyone.

If you have got The Leisure Hive replacement disc for The Collection Season 18. Can you please reply with the production number which is printed on the inner ring of the disc.

Just want to make sure I keep the correct one as not sure which one is which now as I stupidly got them mixed up.

Thanks.

• Doctor

June 23rd, 2020 - 4:41pm

Booboo is that al dewar unboxing video this week

June 23rd, 2020 - 5:10pm

no idea

• Doctor Stu

June 20th, 2020 - 3:34pm

Does anyone else find the new Judoon Eaglemoss figurine to be really poor quality. It’s a lot smaller than the last one, the skin is wrong, the hair is wrong, the gun is tiny, and it has no devices on its belt. It looks like a completely different merchandise version of the Judoon that’s supposed to intentionally look disproportionate and cartoony

The weeping angel tho is amazing

• JL

June 22nd, 2020 - 9:59pm

yeah i think there were the same reservations about the figurine when it was announced and neil said it wasn’t the final figurine…

• Doctor Stu

June 20th, 2020 - 12:19pm

It’s weird that the Eaglemoss Judoon and angel have come in the post today but there’s no option to buy replacements on the site, my Angel has a clipped wing

• SamWho

June 20th, 2020 - 3:37pm

They normally don’t go on the site till a week or two after subscribers get them at them moment
      You should email them and ask for a replacement if it’s broken

• emeralddolphin89@hotmail.com

June 19th, 2020 - 6:55pm

@daz
    If you have a scanner would you be able to copy the images of the j Card for season 23 as i ordered mine from CEX and they sent it without one. Its the only one that looks out of place.
    I can always send my email address to send the images to.

• daz

June 19th, 2020 - 11:21pm

Give me a few days as my Scanner currently has a load of boxes on and around it which I’m going through this weekend.

I’ll see what I can do though.

June 20th, 2020 - 3:04am

Uh Oh?

• Mr Martin Snowden

June 20th, 2020 - 3:32pm

That would be appreciated thank you Daz

• daz

June 22nd, 2020 - 6:47pm

Hi Martin.

I have sent you the J-Card images on email (hoping that is yours on your request above).

Happy to help a fellow whovian.

June 22nd, 2020 - 11:55pm

It came through and they are really clear. Thank you for the offer for future sets too.

Happy to have hell from a fellow Whovian

June 22nd, 2020 - 11:56pm

Meant help

• daz

June 23rd, 2020 - 12:35am

No problem.

Fingers crossed we get to pre-order the next set soon.

• whonose

June 19th, 2020 - 6:29pm

Had an email from Hero Collector today showing issue 179 of the Figurine Collection to be River Song (looks like from Day of the Moon). Great to finally add her!

• DoctorRomanaTARDIS

June 19th, 2020 - 8:15pm

I’ve just seen it on twitter, issue 180 also shown, 13 in her spyfall costume

• JL

June 19th, 2020 - 8:49pm

Yes and 180 is the 13th doctor in her tux!! Very exciting, hope character can somehow replicate this 13th doctor variant or the resolution or diodati variants too!

• whonose

June 19th, 2020 - 11:51pm

Thanks, I hadn’t seen that, just checked it out and it looks great! Glad to see the delay between a new series and the figurines from it is slowly coming to an end, there’s a lot of potential in series 12- three main Cyber variants alone! Obviously, I’m sure we’re all hoping for a full set of Morbius Doctors though…

June 19th, 2020 - 4:49pm

Anyone else getting dispatch emails from big finish? I’m waiting on class volume 3 and 4 to arrive but haven’t had a dispatch email however I’ve seen others get it. Obviously I know they are really busy at the moment so I’m being patient but just wondering.

• whonose

June 19th, 2020 - 6:20pm

I had a dispatch email on Wednesday and got my delivery today so you shouldn’t have to wait too long hopefully.

• Whorules

June 19th, 2020 - 7:01pm

They are saying on their website 28 day potentially for order fulfilment. They have a large backlog they need to clear so patience is the word.

• Whorules

June 19th, 2020 - 11:43am

Got the four dr who cushing books today. They look great.

• daz

June 15th, 2020 - 9:01pm

Hi.

I’m currently chatting with an eBay seller who makes plastic boxes to protect old videogames boxes for SNES, N64 etc.

I’ve sent him measurements of the Bluray Season box sets (6, 7 and 8 discs) to see what he comes up with as I’d like to add further protection to mine.

Would this be of interest to anyone else on here?

If yes I will post the results if I get what I need.

Thanks.

• Phasergrim

June 17th, 2020 - 6:21am

Yeah and me mate

• daz

June 17th, 2020 - 10:48am

Hi everyone.

Ebay guy has checked all his current plastic boxes for videogames and none quite match what we need exactly.

I display mine with cover facing forward so eventually will be a wall of Doctors like one big piece of artwork (without the J-card is my plan). But I know most will want to display it like normal with the spine on view.

He’s gonna get back to me once he has looked into costings as would need to create them first.

I know the heights of my boxes weren’t exactly the same due to how they are contructed so gave him the tallest measurement so there is a slight give and take. I’ve also made him aware that some of the 60’s stuff will have 9 or 10 discs potentially changing the width of the spine again.

So could be a while but I’ve made a note of your names so can reply directly to you whenever it may be on here.

No doubt we’ve got about 7 years to go before we’ll have the complete set anyway.

Thanks.