March 3rd, 2020 1,744 comments

Doctor Who The Collection Season 12

This is a Limited Re-Release

Available to order while stocks last from www.amazon.co.uk (sold out)

Also available to order while stocks last from www.zoom.co.uk, and www.zavvi.com. (all sold out)

The second edition of Doctor Who – The Collection: Season 12 will be released on 2nd March 2020.

Season 12 was first released as a limited edition on Blu-ray in February 2018, and is being re-released by BBC Studios to bring the total number of copies in line with other seasons in the classic collection.

Please see below for a full summary – All content, extras and artwork will remain the same as the 1st edition.

Season 12 features five stories over 20 episodes, including The Ark in Space and Genesis of the Daleks. The Doctor is accompanied by Sarah Jane Smith (Elizabeth Sladen) and Harry Sullivan (Ian Marter) and was first broadcast on the BBC between December 1974 and May 1975.

BBC Studios have confirmed replacement discs will be included with this release.

Sold as Tom Baker Season One in the USA in std packaging and available to order from www.amazon.com

Original Press Release:

BBC Worldwide has announced that Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 12 will be released on Blu-Ray on 2nd July 2018.

For fans of Doctor Who and collectors of Classic Who seasons, the Blu-Ray has limited edition packaging with artwork by Lee Binding and has been restored and up-scaled to HD by Peter Crocker and Mark Ayres. The new release also has a wealth of new bonus content.

Russell Minton, Executive Producer at BBC Worldwide says : “We are doing our very best at BBC Worldwide to restore and bring as many Classic Who titles out on Collector’s Edition Blu-ray, and this starts with being able to confirm one of my favourites, Tom Baker’s first season. We will also endeavour to include additional archive material and exciting newly-shot features where possible.”

Season 12, Tom Baker’s first as the Doctor, features five stories over 20 episodes, including The Ark in Space and Genesis of the Daleks. The Doctor is accompanied in this season by Sarah Jane Smith (Elisabeth Sladen) and Harry Sullivan (Ian Marter) and was first broadcast between December 1974 and May 1975.

The new Blu-Ray release includes existing bonus material from the original DVDs as well as the brand new features below:

TOM BAKER IN CONVERSATION

• A candid new one-hour interview with the Fourth Doctor.

BEHIND THE SOFA

GENESIS OF THE DALEKS – OMNIBUS MOVIE VERSION

• Unseen since broadcast in 1975

THE TOM BAKER YEARS

• The 1991 VHS release, on disc for the first time

PRODUCTION ARCHIVE MATERIAL

• PDF files from the BBC Archives

Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 12 will be released on Blu-Ray from Monday 11th June 2018.

The American and Australian sets available from www.amazon.com and www.amazon.com.au

You can see all DVD, Blu-ray and Steelbook releases in our Interactive collectors lists.

Click Here for The Classic Series List or Here for the New Series List.

Images thanks to Simon R

Categorised under: Blu-ray, DVD

1,744 comments

• Sonicdoctor190

April 5th, 2020 - 1:58pm

I’m very happy to say my replacement has arrived from amazon today with the correct disks inside.

• Bill

April 4th, 2020 - 12:54pm

Wow Finally

My boxset has just arrived and it has the correct discs – fantastic

Heres to Dr Who marathon this afternoon.

• The Ergon

April 4th, 2020 - 3:27pm

Does it have the Skystriker fault on updated effect for Revenge and the Michael Wisher misspelling at all?

• dazzleshell

April 4th, 2020 - 5:42pm

The Ergon.

Of course it won’t. They have used the same UK Master Copy as the rest for the 2nd Edition. But at least the discs will have the correct images.

Mines due 14th April so will check again though. My misprinted one didn’t.

• The Ergon

April 4th, 2020 - 9:58pm

Well i checked mine over (small dent on corner of Box aside) that few second effect blip is present and correct on Revenge and Michael Wishers name is spelled correctly. I wasn,t expecting any change there.Picture ‘Liney’ and unfocused in some scenes There were supposedly sound issues with sontaran and something on one of the end credits but i haven,t noticed anything untoward. I wasn,t sure about the master copy but it does get you wanting to check with everything that has happened. Hope you get the corrected discs this time. Funnily enough the DVDs for this season are being snapped up sharpish for season 12 and noticed a rise on some with pricing on Ebay and the like. I prefer the DVDs for this season for the picture quality even without the upscaling and effects. I,m glad i kept them as i have the best of both worlds. From Season 19 Bluray onwards we,ve had very few hiccups and i do enjoy all the new extras. Can,t wait to see the ‘New Rat’ in Talons next month.

• dazzleshell

April 4th, 2020 - 10:27pm

I made the decision to sell all my Classic Who DVD’s at the start of the year so can’t compare them now.

I did keep the DVD booklets though. Trimming off “The ….. Years” banner makes them small enough to fit in the Season boxes.

I do wonder if my 4K Bluray player makes the image slightly worse as it upscales them and I don’t have the option to switch it off.

I’m looking forward to Season 14. And hope they announce the next set as originally planned before the pandemic. But I guess it depends if they have recorded a trailer or have a potential release date.

• dazzleshell

April 4th, 2020 - 11:28pm

Hi The Ergon.

Oh, on on my earlier comment I meant “of course it will” for the effect not being fixed. Comment makes sense now. Sorry.

Michael Wishers name was corrected on the replacement discs for the 1st edition if I remember rightly. So will be correct on 2nd edition.

Shame about dent on box. That was my main worry before misprint hell.

• The Ergon

April 4th, 2020 - 11:54pm

Its only a small dent on one corner i can live with. The discs and content were my only priority. If it is Season 20 next i hope they update the effects are updated for ‘The Kings Demons’ to match those of ‘Planet of Fire’.

• JL

April 3rd, 2020 - 9:23pm

My boxset if due on the same date as season 14 because of limited stock is anyone else having this problem because I’m worried I’m not going to be able to get the box set even though I ordered it on the day the pre order came out does any one know what I should do?

• Mark

April 4th, 2020 - 9:38am

Managed to reorder the re-release that was put out by Amazon on the 2nd April, so far it’s still showing as delivery on Tuesday 7th April {Fingers Crossed} Strange thing was that when I ordered it said there were only 12 more available but there were more on the way??

• Bill

April 4th, 2020 - 11:29am

I re ordered too and apparently they are delivering today. Lets hope its a good copy! I am going to flip if its not.

• RPG74

April 3rd, 2020 - 2:19pm

FWIW I had no interest in purchasing season 12, since I’m perfectly happy with my trusty dvd versions, but I did purchase season 18 as I had not yet collected any of Tom’s final year. I’m very happy with 18, but I think in future, if i’m tempted to purchase any more in this series (I have my eye on Davison’s 19) I will stick to the US editions. Same content with correct disk art I gather, and none of the attendant problems that seemed to have plagued these UK releases. Plus, there’s always the advantage of sealed plastic-I have concerns as to whether the UK versions can protect the disks from dust and damp, in the long term.
    Might I respectfully suggest, to those who never receive their correct orders, that they adopt a similar strategy?. Seems like less aggravation.

• dazzleshell

April 3rd, 2020 - 8:46pm

Correct but boring same art on each disc for the USA releases.

Cover with the Text over a big proportion of it.

Basic numbering of Seasons based on the number of years for each doctor, ‘Tom Baker Complete Season One rather than ‘Season 12’ for example.

No booklet and Artwork missing as not enough space to include it all on the box.

So for me, they don’t feel like a special purchase.

The USA discs are correct in terms of content as they tend to be released a few months after the UK versions. Oh and some features are missing if not cleared for USA.

That is why I prefer the UK versions and some fans import them from UK too.

• Mor

April 4th, 2020 - 10:38pm

I’m considering purchasing the compact US editions for future releases.
      Does anyone know how it stands regarding custom duty/VAT etc if importing these sets from US, Canada etc.
      Thanks.

• Rob W

April 5th, 2020 - 2:20pm

No duty for items below £135. VAT on the price paid for the goods, postage, packaging and insurance and any duty owed.

• Rob W

April 3rd, 2020 - 1:52pm

In the UK, Amazon have joined a coalition of companies, universities, and research institutions to boost testing capacity for COVID-19. Amazon’s logistics network, along with Royal Mail, will deliver COVID-19 test kits to critical workers and diagnostic sites set up around the UK. NHS staff on the frontlines of the pandemic will be among the first to benefit from the increased testing capacity.

I’n sure you will get your disks eventually.

• James

April 3rd, 2020 - 1:21pm

Amazon just listed another load of stock, but they have now gone out of stock. Managed to grab one before they went out of stock which was lucky. My advice to people is keep checking amazon. They seem to be relisting stock in dribs and drabs (which they SHOULDN’T BE AS THAT IS NOT WHAT THEY SAID THEY WOULD DO). Scheduled to arrive May 12th… Let’s hope its the correct art work.

• Sons of Skaro.

April 3rd, 2020 - 10:30am

Still showing as £299 on the link. I preordered this months ago and amazon haven’t sent me my copy because of a glitch in their checkout. I’ve been in communication with them all week and they still haven’t been able to fix it. The whole time I was receiving emails saying it was on hold and I had days left to pay and then another saying it was cancelled. Each time I’ve had to chase them up on it.
    I wouldn’t mind if I could simply buy it elsewhere but no, it’s selling at ridiculously escalated prices.

April 3rd, 2020 - 10:44am

earlier today and late last night (02-03/4/2020) they were taking some “temporary out of stock” orders at £39.99 hence some of the comments you see

people also need to remember its not Amazon that charge that price but the 3rd part seller, its no different to sellers listing things on ebay really.

• sons of Skaro

April 3rd, 2020 - 11:20am

I understand. However, it is a little infuriating that I preordered this months ago and have ended up empty handed. I will stick to zoom in future.

• Adam Thomas

April 3rd, 2020 - 8:10am

Amazon have REALLY messed up on this one. For the whole of this week I have been contacting amazon about WHY it hasn’t been delivered and have been messed around and treated like NOTHING. I can appreciate the times we are living with and the strain on their services at the moment but the lack of a straight answer has infuriated me. They keep claiming they are delivering it next day but they hey said that for every day this week! It now says it is returning to the seller because it is DAMAGED?? Having seen there were more available I ordered another and now it says it’s coming in May! I am APPALLED

• James

April 3rd, 2020 - 1:24pm

Sounds like they were sending you out some dodgy stock and recalled it during transit. I’ve just ordered another which is due to arrive in May… Lets hope this ones the corrected stock. It really has been an appalling experience.

• PurpleOrange

April 3rd, 2020 - 2:58am

Haha you guys think you have it bad? I’ve just had my day 1 preorder refunded because amazon used hermes to deliver, who keep failing to deliver it and have claimed that it has been lost even after also claiming that they tried to deliver it merely 45 mins prior. I’ve got a refund, but not only do I not know if it will turn up (hermes says it will, amazon say I can keep it if it does), I don’t know if it will have the correct discs, or if it doesn’t will I be able to get replacement discs, little miffed tbf

• Things that go bump in the night

April 2nd, 2020 - 8:51pm

Hi Doctor Who: The Collection Season 12 fans…

It’s 02/04/20 at 20:51.

You might like to know that the set is showing as available to order on Amazon UK as I type this.

Please check and maybe Amazon has now found the stock and you can approach them for replacements (again).

Kind regards

• dazzleshell

April 2nd, 2020 - 8:59pm

Ive just re-ordered one. Get on it people.

Don’t go through the replacement option with Customer Care. They will just say no if you got a refund.

Order new one. Then return it if discs wrong.

Or…. well you know what I’m thinking if it is correct.

• Bill

April 2nd, 2020 - 8:59pm

Just re ordered . Hopefully second time lucky!

• Jon

April 2nd, 2020 - 9:40pm

Thanks! I better get my copy before it sells out again.

• Mark

April 2nd, 2020 - 10:14pm

Thanks for this. Just ordered. Notice the price is £39.99 and not the £38 I originally paid, just happy to get this with, hopefully, the correct artwork!

• Darren

April 2nd, 2020 - 11:36pm

In yet still amazon customer service still maintains they do not have stock to replace fault sets…

• Joe 90

April 3rd, 2020 - 10:14am

Does anyone have a link?

I can only see a £50 version but the picture isn’t the usual boxed set.

I spent an hour arguing on eChat last night only to be told there are no replacements and the same response on email from their complaint team this morning

• James Woods

April 3rd, 2020 - 11:42am

Only just seen this now and there’s no more left. Really miffed off about this.

• A4geek

April 2nd, 2020 - 5:48pm

After emails from the BBC and Amazon today saying copies were available I went on Amazon Chat. I was told I had already been refunded so couldn’t get one. I said that was applied because they said there were no replacements and I hadn’t asked for a refund. So she said if I refunded the refund they would sort this out. So payment taken and I expect to get the corrected product. Otherwise I will explode!!!

• dazzleshell

April 2nd, 2020 - 6:03pm

Hi A4geek

Do you have a confirmation email order and does it appear on the App.

Amazon have told me it is not possible as they have now refunded me in error. Even sharing your post. Do you know name of chat person you spoke to so I can share that info. She might be only person there who knows how to do it.

Or your original order number so I can show them evidence of a resolution.

Thanks.

• A4geek

April 2nd, 2020 - 10:22pm

Hi dazzleshell

Nothing has come through yet but they charged my account. Given the mess to date I can’t see it arriving!

However having seen the recent posts I have reordered a set on the off chance at least one will arrive and hopefully have the correct artwork on the discs.

• dazzleshell

April 3rd, 2020 - 12:28am

Excellent. Glad you’ve done that as a back up.
      Their returns process is straight forward if needed as that is something I’ve done many times with damaged books before.

Fingers crossed.

• Euan Bird

April 2nd, 2020 - 4:15pm

Just been on live chat there with Amazon trying to get the replacement after them emailing me. I unfortunately didn’t get it as I got a refund on Monday for it as I didn’t get a replacement of it on Monday like I was told I was going too. I give up on all this. I’m just going to accept that I will never receive the correct item. Looks like it will be zoom from now on

• Mark

April 2nd, 2020 - 4:38pm

Same here, I took the refund as I was told that it was the only option, tried to get them to send a replacement and re-charge me for it but the first person said they still had no replacements, the second just gave up and the third said they couldn’t send a replacement as I’d had a refund – this has been a complete mess by Amazon.

• Bill

April 2nd, 2020 - 5:10pm

Just been on Amazon chat and received this

I am sorry about this I understand that you wanted a replacement . I am not saying that we don’t have the item in our stock but in this pandemic we are trying to deliver the essential items to our customers and for the safety all the items in the fulfillment centers are begin checked due to which the item is not being sold by the same sellers.

If you want this item I would request you to wait for few more days . I have updated the information with the other department

within a weeks time you can check on the website this item
      i cannot confirm you any exact date but during this time I am not able to contact them over the phone and update so would request you to wait for a week for the item to be sold by the same seller.

• Mark

April 2nd, 2020 - 3:47pm

Just received another email from Amazon:

“Hello,

We recently learned that you might have received an item that contained the incorrect print in your order #202-9269442-8882713 for “Doctor Who – The Collection – Season 12 – Limited Edition Packaging [Blu-ray] [2018]”. We’re sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

If you received the incorrect item and you wish to receive a replacement or refund, please contact our Customer Service team using the link below 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:

You’re welcome to dispose of the incorrect item or return it for free – whichever option is most appropriate and convenient for you. You can return the incorrect item to us by following the instructions at https://www.amazon.co.uk/returns.

Regards,
    Customer Service Department”

• Mark

April 2nd, 2020 - 3:56pm

Never mind, another useless chat with Amazon where they claim they have no replacements, when I tried to tell them about the new email and what the BBC said about sending replacements to Amazon, they just stopped answering- from now on I’ll be ordering from a different company.

• Bill

April 2nd, 2020 - 4:34pm

I cant even get an answer from Amazon now regarding the email from the BBC – we seem to be going around in circles. Has anyone got any suggestions regarding where to go next?

• Joe 90

April 2nd, 2020 - 7:09pm

I’ve had the same email but again for the 7th time when contacting Amazon this evening they have advised that they don’t have replacement discs despite an earlier email from the BBC and their Amazon Customer Services email at 15:22 so have emailed the BBC again and have written to the Amazon UK CEO !

• Joe 90

April 2nd, 2020 - 7:37pm

Just had another wasted 20 mins on eChat again.

Still the same stock response of not in stock

They are not getting that I received an email from them to ask to make contact to arrange for replacements discs or that the BBC have confirmed that they do have replacement stock.

Will wait and see if their CEO office or Beeb reply

Will be using Zoom from now on

• Prof Horner

April 2nd, 2020 - 1:26pm

So sorry so many people seem to be having trouble with this release. I decided not to buy this one after I bought the American version off Amazon last year.so any news on season 14? Is it been delayed?

• Rob W

April 2nd, 2020 - 2:18pm

May the 4th.

• Darren

April 2nd, 2020 - 1:22pm

Just got a reply back from BBC DVD support saying they have contacted Amazon to confirm that they do have the stock to replace faulty copies, and that it was a miscommunication.

So I contacted amazon and they still say they don’t have any…

Waiting to hear back from the BBC with a further solution.

• oliver

April 2nd, 2020 - 2:01pm

ive also got my second bbc email to say they do have replacements , i’m not going back to amazon again , this is getting stupid…ive already got a full refund , i bet they have actually sold the replacement discs!

Cheers

• Jeroen

April 2nd, 2020 - 2:30pm

Same here. Forwarded the chat transcript tot BBC also after talking tot a so called supervisor.

Next step CEO?

• Joe 90

April 2nd, 2020 - 1:02pm

For interest – I have just received a reply from the BBC again and they are advising that Amazon do have replacement discs

Thank you for your prompt reply. We have had confirmation from Amazon that they do have the stock to replace discs, there does however seem to have been a miscommunication internally with providing customers like yourself the correct information.

We have since been in contact with Amazon and they have confirmed the below:

‘Customers who contact us stating they have received a faulty copy will be offered the option of either a full refund or a new replacement copy.’

Please do get in touch with Amazon again, using this email as evidence. We really appreciate your patience with this, and apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
    BBC DVD Support

I’ve written back to the Amazon Complaint team for the 5th time to ask for the replacement discs.

• dazzleshell

April 1st, 2020 - 10:24pm

Hi Everyone.

Perfect Day for it with a good majority of us being the fools for trusting Amazon.

It looks most likely that the BBC recalled stock and sent replacement stock to Amazon in time for the revised release date.

But Amazon have sold the extra stock to other customers rather than hold it back for those needing replacements due to the disc printing error. There are no copies left in stock so they can’t help or understand.

After having a chat with 3 different agents on Live Chat in the space of 30 mins I have sent images of their responses to the BBC.

I am hoping that they can then pass the details onto those in charge of the Collection Range to see if they can do anything and offer replacements of the discs only.

If anyone here has a misprinted copy please reply to this message so we have one place to see what sort of numbers we have. Then if needed I can pass info to BBC.

Also state where you got your copy from -Amazon, HMV, Zoom, Zavvi etc…

If you have the correct copy don’t reply to this message you lucky people.

Thanks.

• Ryan

April 1st, 2020 - 10:41pm

Hi yes I have misprinted discs which i got from amazon thanks. Hoping that if enough of us keep on at bbc/amazon then we will get what we are owed. Thanks

• Jeroen

April 1st, 2020 - 10:59pm

I also have forwarded the chatlog tot the BBC. I have misprints sold by Amazon

• James Woods

April 1st, 2020 - 11:40pm

Yeah, I got my copy from Amazon on 14th March, wrong discs included.

• Mark

April 1st, 2020 - 11:57pm

Received wrong disks from Amazon on 13th March then received the email from them on the 18th March with the wording“ Please rest assured you will receive the correct item on the 30th of March.” Which was a false promise.

• Keith millward

April 2nd, 2020 - 1:56am

Mines from zoom

• Christian Newton

April 2nd, 2020 - 4:16am

Thank you dazzleshell.
      Received misprinted discs from Amazon on the 26/03/20.

• Bill

April 2nd, 2020 - 5:43am

Yup misprinted discs and bought from Amazon

• Euan Bird

April 2nd, 2020 - 8:32am

Hi Dazzleshell, I received the wrong copy from Amazon on the 14th March with the wrong disk art.

April 2nd, 2020 - 10:00am

Received wrong discs from Amazon on the the 27th of March.

• Mark R

April 2nd, 2020 - 11:34am

I received the wrong discs on the 31st March from Amazon.

• oliver

April 2nd, 2020 - 12:00pm

I received the wrong disc art by AMAZON 26th March

Thanks for collating this.

Oliver

• Joe 90

April 2nd, 2020 - 12:11pm

I have been to the Beeb who won’t help or offer replacement discs as they sent replacement copies to Amazon and Amazon won’t help me as they are out of stock.

I wrote back to the Beeb attaching Amazon email to confirm they have no stock but not received a reply.

Wrote to the Amazon complaints team who appear to be off shore who also advise out of stock…..think I will go to Zoom for the next releases

• Sons of Skaro

April 2nd, 2020 - 1:04pm

At least you got your copy. Amazon never dispatched mine. They just cancelled the order. I will stick to zoom in future.

• Bill

April 1st, 2020 - 4:10pm

Standard reply

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with the BBC DVD Support team.

Since this issue came to our attention we have taken every step possible to make sure retailers have corrected stock available and you are able to receive a replacement copy for your Doctor Who – The Collection Season 12 Boxset.

Amazon and all other retailers now have their full allocation of correct limited edition stock available for customers, therefore BBC Studios are unable to supply replacement discs directly.

We recommend you to contact the Amazon Customer Service Team either by telephone at 0800 279 7234 or via the following link https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us they hold and will supply the replacement stock.

Kind regards,

BBC DVD Support

• dazzleshell

April 1st, 2020 - 2:46pm

Not what I wanted to hear.
    I think Amazon has possibly sold the corrected stock to other customers which they were meant to send to those who got the incorrect ones…. See below.

Hi Darran,

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with the BBC DVD Support team.

Since this issue came to our attention we have taken every step possible to make sure retailers have corrected stock available and you are able to receive a replacement copy for your Doctor Who – The Collection Season 12 Boxset.

We recommend you to contact the Amazon Customer Service Team either by telephone at 0800 279 7234 or via the following link https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us they hold and will supply the replacement stock.

Kind regards,

BBC DVD Support

• Sonicdoctor190

April 1st, 2020 - 2:36pm

This is the reply i got from the bbc dvd support
    Hi Toby
    Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with the BBC DVD Support team.
    Kind regards,
    BBC DVD Support

• Joe 90

April 1st, 2020 - 2:47pm

I’ve tried to ring Amazon on the quoted number (0800 279 7234) as I have also received the exact same email response from the BBC.

Amazon aren’t taking any calls at the moment due to Covoid 19.

I tried their eChat on Monday and you just get the stock response that they don’t have any stock and offering a refund but they don’t understand that I also received an email from Amazon advising that a replacement copy would be sent on 30/03 so not sure why none are in stock when the BBC have sent stock.

• Ryan

April 1st, 2020 - 3:10pm

Joe 90 because amazon are greedy and prob sold them on so now we won’t ever get the box set intended I’ve just been on chat to them and they are completely useless, bbc don’t seem to help either so now is it even worth continuing to get these sets now the collection is incomplete

• Bill

April 1st, 2020 - 3:55pm

I don’t believe this is happening. I have just queried it again with the BBC who will not be giving replacement discs.

Cant get hold of Amazon on that number and the Chat line seems to be permanently down.

Where to go next?

• Darren

April 1st, 2020 - 2:26pm

I’ve just received the following email from BBC DVD support…

‘Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with the BBC DVD Support team.

Kind regards,

BBC DVD Support’

April 1st, 2020 - 9:29am

Has anybody heard back from the BBC yet about replacement discs?

• Rob W

April 1st, 2020 - 1:51pm

There may be no one there to respond unfortunatly mate.

• Christian Newton

April 1st, 2020 - 2:23pm

This is the response I received today

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with the BBC DVD Support team.

Kind regards,

BBC DVD Support

• Christian Newton

April 1st, 2020 - 2:28pm

This is my reply to the BBC DVD Support team:

Dear DVD support team,

Thank you for your reply.
      In response to your email, Amazon need to be contacted again by someone from BBC Studios as they are only refunding affected customers or cancelling their orders outright. Amazon are saying they have no further stock.

I and many others feel We are left with half a complete boxset and no-one seems willing to help sort the issue out. I think Amazon must of sold off the replacement boxsets you say they have received to new customers.

Kind regards
      Mr Christian Newton

• A4geek

April 1st, 2020 - 4:50pm

I can’t repeat what my responses to BBC and Amazon were. With everythnig going on in the world this is not a huge issue but I really cannot deal with the stress and strain that I will feel each time a new collection is announced. If the BBC and Amazon do not fulfill my order – as I have been promised twice they would – then I am selling my other boxsets. I just don’t care any more.

April 1st, 2020 - 12:35am

In defence of Amazon ; this is a new sealed product that they obtained from the bbc. The packaging and to all visual appearances the product is correct.
    Amazon weren’t to know that they had been supplied with items containing discs with the wrong artwork or other faults.
    As this is a very limited edition item with amazon having a set number to sell ; which as we all know gets sold out on pre order. At the point the fault was identified amazon had no more and wouldn’t have had any more stock in order to provide replacements UNLESS the bbc provided them with replacement discs to send out.
    I agree the poor communication, mixed messages and inappropriate use of standard policy responses from amazon customer services is something they need to address and learn from however…
    At the end of the day it doesn’t change the fact that they are supplied limited stock BY THE BBC, and any wrong or faulty discs contained and the fault of THE BBC. if no replacement discs were provided to amazon again this is THE BBCS failure.

So please complain complain complain…but do so to BBC. It is their responsibility to resolve.
    All amazon can do is offer refunds. They can’t replace what they don’t have.
    They can’t have predicted faults that were within sealed product packaging.
    Any retailer could have ended up with the duds but on balance as by far the largest supplier it was by probability more likely to be amazon that got the faulty stock.

I fully understand the annoyance and upset.
    However as I said direct it to the right place.
    Plus the bbc should understand the passion of fans and collectors and have more detailed product knowledge and so understand the issues and the importance of dealing with this problem. A problem that was their fault ultimately.

On a positive note. Received my copy earlier that expected. In pristine condition and fault free. A perfect copy.
    I have ordered all my collection box sets through amazon and have always had service and sets that I cannot daily and always extremely happy with.

In relation to the bbc when I have complained in writing including photographs of the items and issues they have always acted very fast and replaced / corrected / dealt with the issue with 100% efficiency and having had to complain twice in 20 years ; I’ve recieved replacements on both occasions and never had to chase up my complaint.
    I assume you all have the correct details to contact the bbc ???

• Rob W

April 1st, 2020 - 1:49pm

The release date was 30 March so whether the BBC were entirely to blame is open to debate. Amazon and other online stores are concentrating on delivering more essential goods. The BBC DVDSupport@bbc.com email may not be staffed so you’ll probably only receive an automated response.

• oliver

April 1st, 2020 - 3:21pm

Hi

Have had the same email from the BBC and I contacted Amazon for the second time. Agree its the BBC’s issue really.
      However the positives , I now have an ultra rare Season 12 box set with season 10 disc art.
      Amazon have given me a fully refund plus £10 for my inconvenience.
      So i have made money and have a boxset!
      cheers

• dazzleshell

March 31st, 2020 - 5:48pm

So, with a good majority being at bit peeved at this re-release due to various issues let’s have some positives…

Now I watched my ridculously expensive 1st edition I bought off eBay at the beginning of 2019. Before selling it to CEX once the 2nd edition was announced.

I really enjoyed the box set. The interview with Tom, Behind The Sofa. Watching Sarah Jane and 4 on screen again in a great season. The booklet, the lovely packaging etc…

What are you enjoying?

• Mark

March 31st, 2020 - 11:31am

After receiving mine early from Amazon and getting the wrong disk art, then getting an email saying a replacement would be sent out (nothing arrived), I’ve just contacted Amazon and they ended up giving me a full refund, apparently they didn’t have any to send out as replacements. Not what I wanted but at least I’ve got the Boxset for free, even though the disk art is wrong.

• Kbo

March 31st, 2020 - 12:54pm

What’s wrong with the art?

• Mark

March 31st, 2020 - 1:19pm

It has the season 10 artwork on the season 12 disks, like many others

• Joe 90

March 31st, 2020 - 6:57pm

Kbo….it’s the Pertwee Season 10 on the disc art in the Season 12 2nd edition set

Disc 1 The Three Doctors..should be Robot etc
      Disc 2 Carnival of Monsters
      Disc 3 Frontier in Space
      Disc 4 Planet of the Daleks
      Disc 5 The Green Death

Disc 1 when played is still Robot tho

• Oliver

March 31st, 2020 - 10:50pm

Wrong disc art on mine from amazon only gave me 5quid credit for my inconvenience as had none to give me !

• Bill

March 31st, 2020 - 11:25am

Has anyone received emails from the BBC yet?

• The Ergon

March 31st, 2020 - 10:33am

Well, recieved the boxset this morning. The Discs themselves were fine but as expected the Revenge Skystriker shot still shows in one scene even with updated effects on and the picture quality for this story has lines at one side of the screen and looks blurry in some scenes. I prefer the DVD version for clarity. Also one corner of the boxing is dented. Overall not happy.

• The Ergon

March 31st, 2020 - 1:23pm

It seems the only way to resolve this accursed release is to run a Third Edition or just give up on it and wait for the 4K release of this season.

• Scott

March 31st, 2020 - 10:17am

I’m so fed up with all of this. My copy arrived from Amazon a few weeks ago, they left it outyside in the rain so the outer sleeve got damp. Zoom is still saying sent to warehouse whilst everyone else seems to have got theirs. It’s made me so depressed this week and if i don’t get the corrected version i’m giving up on this range!

• Prowl 1701

March 30th, 2020 - 10:45pm

Mine arrived stateside today. Imported it from amazon uk. It has the proper disc art. I am relieved.

• SamWho

March 30th, 2020 - 4:59pm

Just got mine from Amazon with everything correct as it should be hooray the feeling of dread & hope then joy while opening it was crazy