July 6th, 2019 433 comments

Doctor Who The Collection Season 10 Blu-ray

Available to order in the UK from www.zoom.co.uk (Try the code SIGNUP10)

Also available to order in the UK from:

Available to order in the USA from www.amazon.com

BBC Studios announces Season 10 as the next installment in the DOCTOR WHO: THE COLLECTION Blu-ray range

BBC Studios continues to offer Doctor Who fans the opportunity to build their own home archive on Blu-ray. The first jam-packed release for Jon Pertwee’s Third Doctor, Doctor Who – The Collection: Season 10, debuts on Monday 8th July, the very day after Pertwee himself would have turned 100.

In 1973, Doctor Who celebrated its tenth anniversary with a very special story reuniting the first two Doctors – William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton – with Jon Pertwee’s then-current Doctor. The Three Doctors kicks off an explosive, colourful series of adventures across all of time and space as the Doctor and Jo Grant (Katy Manning) encounter the rogue Time Lord Omega, the terrifying Drashigs, the noble Draconians, fearsome Ogrons, deadly Daleks and slithering giant maggots. Season 10 also includes the final appearance of Roger Delgado as the Doctor’s arch nemesis The Master, plus adventures alongside Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart (Nicholas Courtney) and UNIT.

Starring alongside Jon Pertwee are Katy Manning, Nicholas Courtney, Roger Delgado, Richard Franklin and John Levene.

With all episodes newly remastered from the best available sources, this Blu-ray box set also contains extensive and exclusive special features which include:

• A brand new feature-length documentary examining the Third Doctor’s Era, with archival contributions from Jon Pertwee, Barry Letts and Terrance Dicks plus all-new interviews with Katy Manning, Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, presented by Matthew Sweet.
  • Updated special effects and surround sound mix for Planet of the Daleks.
  • Five new instalments of Behind the Sofa, featuring Katy Manning, Richard Franklin (Captain Yates) and John Levene (Sergeant Benton), along with 21st century Doctor Who panel Phil Collinson (Producer/Executive Producer), Pete McTighe (Writer) and Joy Wilkinson (Writer).
  • Looking for Lennie, a documentary investigating the life of director Lennie Mayne.
  • Keeping up with the Jones’, which sees Katy Manning with Stewart Bevan (Cliff Jones) pay a return visit to the Welsh locations from The Green Death.
  • Plus: a repeat omnibus of The Green Death unseen since Christmas 1973, rare Panopticon convention footage, Blu-ray trailer, HD photo galleries plus scripts, production files and rare documentation provided as PDFs.
  • The six-disc box set also includes hours of extensive special features previously released on DVD including two episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures that saw Katy Manning’s Jo Jones meet the Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith).

A specially shot announcement trailer – and sequel to classic adventure The Green Death – has debuted on the Doctor Who YouTube channel; written by new series contributor Pete McTighe (Kerblam!) and starring original Doctor Who companion, Katy Manning.

DOCTOR WHO: THE COLLECTION – SEASON 10 includes the following stories from 1972/73:

• The Three Doctors
  • Carnival of Monsters
  • Frontier in Space
  • Planet of the Daleks
  • The Green Death

RRP: £56.16 and available from www.zoom.co.uk , www.amazon.co.uk and www.zavvi.com

Categorised under: Blu-ray, DVD

• Gez

August 7th, 2019 - 8:41am

To Rob W

Ordered. Thanks mate. Appreciated.

• Rob W

August 7th, 2019 - 12:09pm

Cheers pal!

• Gez

August 6th, 2019 - 11:18am

Does anyone know when this will be released in Australia?

• Tardis7

July 27th, 2019 - 10:00am

So it says on amazon there only 10 left no Mention of more on the way

July 27th, 2019 - 11:24am

They are limited edition so they will sell out eventually.

• Rob W

July 29th, 2019 - 12:26pm

It was No 1 in the Official U.K. Blu-ray sales chart on it’s first week of sales, then fell to No 35 and is now at 62.

• M.C.Reynolds

July 22nd, 2019 - 5:08pm

I know I’m probably late to the party, but I’ve seen the Jon Pertwee folding caravan footage somewhere before – I just can’t remember where (I even remember that it was supposed to take eleven seconds to fold up). I think it was on a DVD or Blu-ray, but I can’t remember for certain, and if it was I definitely can’t remember which one (I know it’s all over the Internet, but I’m sure I saw it on disc). I’ve looked at various sites that list the extras and Easter eggs on the various discs, but found no mention of it. Anybody who can nudge my weary old brain towards an answer to this would have my sincere gratitude. Help!

• Prowl

July 19th, 2019 - 8:28am

Finally got mine in. Watch the first three parts of Three Doctors, and I’m impressed with how good the picture quality is. Loving these sets.

• Rob W

July 21st, 2019 - 9:47am

A think I heard a couple of clicks on the sound early in episode 2 of Colony In Space.

• TigerMan1995

July 22nd, 2019 - 4:22am

Colony in Space? That’s S8, and the only thing I know of that being released is the US MOD DVD re-release in two days.

• Rob W

July 22nd, 2019 - 9:24am

I meant Frontier In Space! A typo/hangover – delete as appropriate.

• I Cotterill