November 23rd, 1963 174 comments

Ask A Question

Please note ALL “ask a question” comments are deleted every so often, usually every 200-300 posts otherwise there would 10’s of thousands of comments here .

If you would like to know anything specific about a piece of Doctor Who merchandise, or something related to it please ask here and we will try our best to answer it (or anyone else can who might have a better idea).

Please be patient and wait for an answer. We are not here 24 hours a day. Old comments and posts may be deleted.

We will not answer any questions related to leaked information.

Please keep this section for merchandise questions only. Questions in the main threads (unless it has to do with the article) will be deleted.

There will be a permanent link to this article on the merchandise front page.

Please keep to questions relevant to Doctor Who merchandise. DO NOT leave any personal details such as email addresses (links or just wording ) or attempt to make contact or sell items via the comment boxes.

Please do not leave any spoilers, speculation or information on un-aired episodes or series here. This is for merchandise only.

Any irrelevant posts and posts that have nothing to do with merchandise will be deleted without explanation as will questions we are not prepared to answer.

Categorised under: News, Retail

July 19th, 2019 - 10:28pm

Is the dr who season 3 steelbook from zavvi a real one?

July 19th, 2019 - 10:40pm

strange listing but they would only sell legit stuff

July 19th, 2019 - 10:41pm

Thanks

July 19th, 2019 - 10:41pm

Do you think there would be any problems with it?

July 19th, 2019 - 10:46pm

strange listing but zavvi would only sell legit stuff

• The Dalek Whovian

July 19th, 2019 - 1:36pm

I’ve just started sorting through the blu-ray boxsets and I’m wondering if there is any errors similar to the two discs from the Season 12 boxset? If there is any, who do I contact?

July 19th, 2019 - 3:18am

Does anyone here know if the FP in Belfast is a ‘regular’ or ‘International’ store? What I’m really asking is, is it likely to get the P’ting Pop in at some point in the future (August) ?

• Moodbeam

July 19th, 2019 - 12:33pm

It’s a Pop in a Box exclusive so I don’t think they’ll get it at all.

• Still not ginger

July 18th, 2019 - 10:37pm

photos circulating on Twitter of Graham Ryan and Yaz photos with the new flight control TARDIS!!!!

• LoopyLew42

July 18th, 2019 - 10:57pm

Yes and oh my goodness it looks blimen stunning, Just the back of them though

July 18th, 2019 - 11:24pm

Got a link?

July 18th, 2019 - 11:25pm

Nvm found it

• Doctor Stu

July 19th, 2019 - 1:05pm

I can’t find it anywhere

• Sambot22

July 18th, 2019 - 8:28am

Pting pop now available to order from pop in a box

July 18th, 2019 - 8:32am

“please be aware that your purchase is not guaranteed until dispatch” worries me.

July 18th, 2019 - 9:55am

doesn’t sound too worrying if you ask me. Fairly normal pre-order warning when supplies may be limited, covering their ass so to speak.

July 18th, 2019 - 10:02am

to me that suggests even if you order one you may not get it.

July 18th, 2019 - 10:34am

That’s what it sounds like to me boo boo

July 18th, 2019 - 10:56am

Funko Europe are listings all the SDCC exclusives retailers now so we will see what comes up

July 18th, 2019 - 12:04pm

POP in the Box exclusive – get your orders in

• Type 40

July 17th, 2019 - 8:28pm

Not DW related (so feel free to delete) but BBC DVD Support have delivered my replacement Red Dwarf Blu-rays today. So, to those awaiting any Who ones, hold in there – they do deliver. Very happy here.

• MJS

July 17th, 2019 - 8:55pm

I got this set, and sent an email off today for mine.

• The Flying Shark

July 17th, 2019 - 8:14pm

Any reason the Resurrection hardback is 12.99? Hardly seems worth it for such a thin book.

July 17th, 2019 - 11:53pm

I was very disappointed with the book. It really isn’t a patch on the 4th doctor novels or the new who target books. It’s just not very well written. Virtually no character descriptions at all. It literally could have been any doctor. The £12.99 price tag is very steep considering it’s the same dimensions as the 11th/12th/13th doctor novels and is 60 odd pages shorter than them. I’ve actually cancelled the revelation hardback and I’m just going to get it in paperback. If it’s like this one it just isn’t worth £12.99

• The Flying Shark

July 18th, 2019 - 7:21am

Yeah, I was so excited and then saw it in Waterstones and was like, is that it? I’m going to wait for the paperback. the only reason I can think of it being so much is simple “Last 5th Doctor novelization buy it now!!!” As Eric Saward isn’t a big name author and it can’t be printing costs as they’ve done those big short story anthologies with hundreds more pages for the same price.

July 18th, 2019 - 9:27am

The only thing I can think of to explain the price is that in order to get the two stories in print they’ve had to pay saward a lot more than normal meaning a price hike on the books. I know he wanted more than target and virgin were willing to pay in the 80’s and 90’s

July 18th, 2019 - 10:40am

Think after the success and acclaim of the 4th dr novelisations they just wanted to complete the classic series run so have made a deal with saward to do so possibly paying him more than other who authors get. And that would be fine if the book was to the same standard. But it really isn’t. I’ve got the tvs target fan books and I actually think the version of resurrection they did is better written than saward has produced here.

July 18th, 2019 - 10:43am

Oh I should say that there are good points about the book, some changes he makes are good but it’s dragged down by poor writing elsewhere and some badly misjudged Douglas Adamsesque humour.

• The Flying Shark

July 17th, 2019 - 7:09pm

Is there a schedule anywhere for the Big Finish live stream this weekend, or will the stories be a surprise?

• Moodbeam

July 17th, 2019 - 6:27pm

Pting Pop is shared exclusive with Barnes & Noble. I assume therefore that we’re likely to see it head over here at some point?

July 17th, 2019 - 6:29pm

presumably, depends on who gets it, could be EMP like the last one or FPi but then no hope for those who are miles from stores

• Button

July 17th, 2019 - 3:10pm

Something has always bugged me, I know for a fact that typically there are four Dalek puppets used for each episode they feature and I always assumed that they reused these puppets for the Cult of Skaro and then turned them back into normal bronze Daleks. But now in recent years we have seen almost ten bronze Daleks alone in a single shot. I know that in the case of the last Dalek two parter that some Daleks were sourced from fans, but where did all the other extra Daleks come from?

• The Flying Shark

July 17th, 2019 - 3:39pm

I think they made new ones at some point, possibly Asylum of the Daleks. I have heard people say in DVD extras and the like that the BBC own seven Daleks.

July 17th, 2019 - 6:21pm

Remember parting of the ways. That episode had ten in one shot!
      No cgi!
      It’s the bit they confront the doctor on Satilete 5

July 17th, 2019 - 6:23pm

i always thought they were cgi?

• The Flying Shark

July 17th, 2019 - 6:48pm

That must have been camera trickery, it’s been confirmed Parting of the Ways only had three prop Daleks.

July 17th, 2019 - 11:59pm

It was CGI in parting of the ways along with camera tricks. There were only 3 props as far as I can find out

• Wholords2

July 17th, 2019 - 12:00pm

Is Gallifrey base down? I can’t seem to get on it

July 17th, 2019 - 12:09pm

just get a blank page

• Wholords2

July 17th, 2019 - 3:30pm

Same for me, hope it’s back up soon

July 17th, 2019 - 7:31am

Would the season 12 region 1 blu ray play on a UK PS4?

July 17th, 2019 - 2:17pm

no, PlayStation Blu-ray players are region locked

• MJS

July 17th, 2019 - 7:24pm

My PS3 plays Aus blu rays

July 17th, 2019 - 8:17pm

There are only 3 blu-ray regions and the uk and Australia are the same.

• the 14th doctor

July 16th, 2019 - 12:37pm

i know you probably get asked this question a lot but will the US version of the collection season 12 blu ray play on a standard UK blu ray player????????

July 16th, 2019 - 2:26pm

Yep! Region free

• The 14th doctor!

July 16th, 2019 - 3:55pm

Wow, thanks for replying to me!
      Top of the Christmas list at Christmas time then!

• the 14th doctor

July 16th, 2019 - 6:01pm

just a little follow up question, do you think it will still be available at christmas?

• The 14th doctor!

July 16th, 2019 - 10:07pm

Any one, this is really important to me.

• The Silent Silent

July 16th, 2019 - 10:16pm

I would say no at a guess but there is every possibility it will still be available

I might purchase a USA version myself 🙂

• The 14th doctor

July 16th, 2019 - 10:54pm

Thank you for getting back to me!!!
      I really hope it is as it would be the perfect Christmas present and I don’t have the money to buy the UK one which goes for the ridiculous price of £200 to £500 pounds on eBay!!!!!!!!
      But what ever happens I am sure I will get season 12 in my collection some how even if I do have to save up my pocket money for about a year!!!!!

July 17th, 2019 - 12:25am

Trouble is it seems that the price for the region 1 set is increasing.

July 16th, 2019 - 12:01pm

Anonymous
    July 16th, 2019 – 12:00pm
    Hi , I’m looking to buy more doctor who figure sets to use as a display, any recommendations? Tennant era sets , if anyone could recommend great sets that’d be amazing. I already have the stolen earth set

July 17th, 2019 - 2:25pm

on the Tennant end I’d potentially recommend the Sontaran Stratagem and Cybercontroller sets. As for individual figures, coated Jack, the Master, the Narrator, Sycorax Warrior, and the Natural Ood are all good.

• Luke

July 16th, 2019 - 8:28am

We’re aware of an issue when trying to post comments, it’s something we’re looking into now

July 15th, 2019 - 6:06pm

Still no 154 or 155 or Pyrovile or 151 that I was meant to have before, but was sent 149 instead. Is everything with Eaglemoss ok???

July 16th, 2019 - 9:05am

they didn’t have enough stock to cover all subscribers so awaiting a new batch, many in the same position

July 16th, 2019 - 12:00pm

• Moodbeam

July 16th, 2019 - 9:41pm

Booboo is this now affecting issues 154 and 155 too? I’m still waiting on 152 and 153 which were the original ones out of stock.

July 16th, 2019 - 10:21pm

not had mine yet but its not 4 weeks since the last delivery, not due for another week or so yet

• Laurence

July 15th, 2019 - 2:27pm

I have a solid Glass award to the bbc from Topps stickers for sticker album of the year in the middle it has the sticker album cover and back with Billie piper and Christopher Eccleston in it wanted to know if there is any value to this.

July 15th, 2019 - 2:36pm

that sounds fairly unique you may have to get a valuation from a memorabilia specialist, i have no idea someone else might.

July 15th, 2019 - 11:23am

Hi can anyone help me? I’m looking to buy some dr who figure sets from eBay , I recently bought the daleks in Manhattan set but when it arrived the box was awfully yellow from it being in the sun a lot from its previous owner. Is there any way to know for sure if a box has been in the sun before buying? Cameras don’t pick it up I’ve noticed

July 15th, 2019 - 11:38am

Pics rarely show it, best way is to ask the seller if the packaging is completely clear, no yellowing or fading to printing and artwork before you buy, then if its not what you expected you can send it back at their cost.

• NATASHA HARLEY

July 15th, 2019 - 3:34am

Hi I am collecting Doctor Who Figuinires they are just brilliant but just wondering will you be doing the Assistants from Doctor Who’s, like K9, Sarah Jane Smith, Jo, Leila and the Tardis itself, they would be great in the collection if you do, would love K9

• Stephen m

July 15th, 2019 - 6:55am

You mean eaglemoss figurines? Tardis (1st special), k9 (bonus and mega figurines) and Sarah Jane (companion set with 4th doctor) have all been done. Companion sets are released regularly separate from the main collection

• Moodbeam

July 16th, 2019 - 9:42pm

This site only publishes information on merchandise, they don’t actually make any. Although we do have a regular visitor from EM who reads the comments…

July 15th, 2019 - 12:50am

Boo boo galaxy 4 have another myth makers collection listed for November ‘more monsters’ featuring nabil shaban, Terry molloy, Stephen Thorne, Christopher Ryan, stuart fell and Jon davey

July 15th, 2019 - 8:29am

yes time travel tweeted the cover last week but its not on Amazon yet

July 13th, 2019 - 10:12pm

Will we get any more new series target books soon?
    If they did 5 more, I’d go for:
    1)Dalek
    2)The Waters of Mars
    3)The Eleventh Hour
    4)Mummy on the Orient Express
    5)It Takes You Away (hated this story but I think the general consensus is that it was good so if there was one book per doctor, I’d say this would be a good one to do (personally my 5th choice would be Flatline))

July 14th, 2019 - 12:30am

The two new saward dalek stories are going to be target paperbacks in 2020 but no idea if they will do more new ones. So disappointing they didn’t do any this year as far as I’m aware they sold very well. For me I’d have:
      Dalek
      Impossible planet/satan pit
      Cold war
      Empress of Mars
      Demons of the punjab or any Whittaker story just to have one. Apart from the frog on the chair, (which makes sense in terms of the storyline and dialogue) it was a great story

July 14th, 2019 - 1:54am

Sorry that doesn’t make sense. I meant that it takes you away is great until the frog on the chair. But even that makes sense based on the storyline, it was just a bit silly. Overall it was a great story and would make a great book

July 15th, 2019 - 2:10pm

The sad thing is that frog was set up better than most things in the series. I would love s it takes you away book but it’s basically Coraline. Novelise Kerblam!

• Koquillian

July 13th, 2019 - 1:17pm

When we discuss the feasibility of figures being produced via crowd-funding for small quantities like 4,000 or something, it leaves me with one question; Why was it that the doctor who experience exclusive Amelia Pond or the BBC shop Rory figures were produced, surely they too were in a similarly small quantity?

July 13th, 2019 - 1:38pm

Presumably the costs were offset via the commercial arm of the beeb that wanted them produced enabling them to produce limited numbers.

July 13th, 2019 - 10:13pm

Here’s hoping for 2013 and 2017 cybermen

• MJS

July 16th, 2019 - 6:28pm

The limited Rory was just different coloured shirt!

July 13th, 2019 - 12:05pm

Resurrection of the daleks is here! Same size as the smith/capaldi/Whittaker hardbacks but with a dust jacket. Looks great on the shelves

July 13th, 2019 - 6:16pm

Book also has full story/author listing for target storybook and star tales

• Prowl

July 13th, 2019 - 7:02am

Does anyone know when the Region 1 reissue of the TV movie DVD is coming ou?, I can’t find it online at any US stores yet.

• TigerMan1995

July 13th, 2019 - 3:41pm

I saw that too. It was listed on BBC Shop, but then removed. Amazon never listed it for order unlike the other 9 July releases? I just want a straight answer, cancelled or mishap?

• Prowl

July 12th, 2019 - 7:33pm

The series one Steelbook has been selling for around 150 to 200 USD lately on eBay. The Steelbooks are increasing in value, series 2 is getting expensive as well.

July 12th, 2019 - 7:14pm

I’d love to see the slitheen and plastic bin rerendered, and perhaps even extra scenes shot for ‘Rose’ to go along with the target novel additions to the story! Perhaps for Series 8 to 10, the title sequence can be put in sync with the music!!! And for Series 6 to 11, a remake of the tardis materializations and dematerializations to have a more sophisticated effect like series 1 to 5, with the lamp on top flashing

July 13th, 2019 - 6:59am

Good luck with that.

July 13th, 2019 - 7:12am

I know it’s 100% never gonna happen, but it’s a dream I can dream 🙂

• MickeySmith07

July 12th, 2019 - 6:58pm

Had anyone not had their Eaglemoss issues 152 and 153 yet? Mine’s not arrived and slightly worried.

• prototype dalek

July 13th, 2019 - 10:55am

Mine came about early last week

• BtsR

July 12th, 2019 - 4:47pm

What’s the likelyhood of the new series getting the collection set treatment. When do you think they’d do them.
    I’ve been considering selling my steelbooks 1-3 as I’m not the biggest fan of the new series as a whole. But I do quite like series 1. But I’d still like to have all the new stuff in my collection as I have all the classic episodes. So do i keep collecting the steelbooks as a define set for the new series or do I sell them and then wait for them to get the classic boxset treatment.

• The Flying Shark

July 12th, 2019 - 7:06pm

The team behind the Collection box sets have said they would do the new series given the chance, but there’s no definite word yet. However, it’s worth keeping onto the Steelbooks-they’re obviously currently the best way to own the new series and, even if they are superseded eventually, they may increase in value. Series 1 is now going for high prices (i.e. £60+) and Series 9 has been valuable for years.