November 23rd, 1963 491 comments

Ask A Question

Please do not leave any spoilers, speculation or information on un-aired episodes or series here. This is for merchandise only.

Any irrelevant posts and posts that have nothing to do with merchandise will be deleted without explanation as will questions we are not prepared to answer.

If you would like to know anything specific about a piece of Doctor Who merchandise, or something related to it please ask here and we will try our best to answer it (or anyone else can who might have a better idea).

Please be patient and wait for an answer. We are not here 24 hours a day. Old comments and posts may be deleted.

We will not answer any questions related to leaked information.

Please keep this section for merchandise questions only. Questions in the main threads (unless it has to do with the article) will be deleted.

There will be a permanent link to this article on the merchandise front page.

Please keep to questions relevant to Doctor Who merchandise. DO NOT leave any personal details such as email addresses (links or just wording ) or attempt to make contact or sell items via the comment boxes.

Categorised under: News, Retail

• yogi_bear

February 10th, 2019 - 1:11am

Don’t quite understand this Big Chief Launch thing and I am wondering how much people have had to pay for the 13th Doctor. I’m not interested in this figure but am thinking about how much outlay is going to be required if they ever produce Troughton or Pertwee figures. Presumably you get everything you paid in advance back if the launch figure isn’t reached.

• MickeySmith07

February 10th, 2019 - 8:43am

You don’t pay anything unless the figure goes ahead. All you have to do is sign up and you’ve reserved a figure for yourself. Then if the figure reaches 500, you have to pay then as you’ve agreed to it! So you don’t have to put any money into the figure at the moment

• yogi_bear

February 10th, 2019 - 1:27pm

Ah I was sure when Lady Penelope and Parker hit the launch pad you had to pay so much to register. Its a complicated system. I just bought my Hartnell figure when it was already released.

February 10th, 2019 - 2:29pm

The Parker/Penelope Launch was slightly different, in that you paid a £30 deposit up front (you get that back if it doesn’t go into production). It’s a hard one for the Company, the Launch Pad is a safeguard against losing money but as you say Yogi, many people buy after release. You would think there would be a few definite successes, though. A signed figure of the current doctor “should” sell out really!

• yogi_bear

February 10th, 2019 - 3:44pm

Just depends Anon Ive had the eaglemoss figure of her and its more than enough, after 50 years of watching I gave up on the last season. Still love the classics and collect good classics memorabilia – if they produced figures of Jon and Pat which are as good as Hartnell I’d snap them up – although I notice a fair price increase. Might even buy Colin and the others – but there are a lot of problems with Bigchief that I think they need to sort out.

February 10th, 2019 - 5:39pm

Want to get one, but big chief have major problem releasing figures on time so even if they do get 500 and promise a release date, I don’t trust them to deliver, had enough of waiting over six months or more to get stuff I’ve paid for in advance.

• Gordon

February 8th, 2019 - 11:04pm

Can’t say I’m that keen on the macra terror dvd cover

February 9th, 2019 - 8:10am

Will this be the same cover for the steelbook?

February 9th, 2019 - 8:38am

unusual for the artist to show the cover before BBC studios release it

• prototype dalek

February 9th, 2019 - 10:31am

Not really keen on this cover, much prefer the likes of Power of the Daleks

February 9th, 2019 - 1:51pm

That’s awful, I’m sorry but I prefer the first cover to remembrance of the daleks

• yogi_bear

February 9th, 2019 - 8:23pm

Agreed dont like it….and like the original TARGET book nothing like a macra. If the Macra look like that in the recording they needn’t bother.

February 9th, 2019 - 8:57pm

It’s just a cover image. It’s not a clear view of the macra creature so it may be more accurate in the animation but remember in the animation they can make the macra a bit more lively than the original prop. Which has to be better than a fairly slow static prop that you see in the existing clips.

February 9th, 2019 - 9:12pm

If it has no reversible sleeve. Am complaining

• The 14th doctor

February 10th, 2019 - 10:40am

That doesn’t look good.
      Patrick troughton look like a potato!

• yogi_bear

February 10th, 2019 - 1:45pm

Maybe hes just a chip off the old block 😀

February 11th, 2019 - 6:39pm

They clipped part of the “H” in the”ĐOCTOR WHØ” logo off…

February 8th, 2019 - 6:19pm

Ive just got an email from amazon saying the collection season 18 box set has been delayed until 18th march, this has happend with all the collection blu ray box sets so far

February 9th, 2019 - 4:30pm

Says 11th march

• yogi_bear

February 8th, 2019 - 12:45pm

Not long ago purchased the eaglemoss bust of Captain Kirk and was rather pleased with it – those Star Trek busts are looking rather good, even the characters I dont like – like the latest Jayneway – look superb and naturally, as a Who collector, I’m wondering can’t we have a set of Who related busts up to the same standard ??

• Who rules

February 8th, 2019 - 10:49am

Waterstone’s have the next David solomons book up boo boo. The maze of death out November 7th

• Jordiwho39

February 8th, 2019 - 5:46am

Is there any release date for the 13th doctors flight control tardis??

February 8th, 2019 - 8:37am

most likely 2020 when the show is back on

February 8th, 2019 - 2:51am

Is there any difference in the contents of the Steelbook of The Macra Terror and the regular blu ray?

February 8th, 2019 - 12:11am

Booboo are you getting the 13th Doctor big chief?

February 8th, 2019 - 8:37am

no we don’t collect them

February 8th, 2019 - 10:02pm

Do you know I’d fully intended to get it, but then had to rethink due to price as money is tight. Now that I’ve seen it I have to admit I’m not convinced I want it. Not sure that it’s that accurate a likeness. It reminds me slightly of lady Penelope! If I could afford it I’d still consider it but I’d have to think hard about it. It may just be the angle of the photos that makes me unsure. Oh, and in case people think I’m just being negative I’m really not. If you have ordered it I really hope they make it and you get one.

• Ryan

February 7th, 2019 - 4:06pm

Are the three figure sets being re-released with the fourth Doctor TARDIS? Are there any new variants? I missed out last time and would like a Missy.

February 7th, 2019 - 4:29pm

yes they are some figures are slightly tweaked but no outright new variants

• Wholords2

February 7th, 2019 - 10:38pm

The only differences are

11th doc set:
      Clara doesn’t have the belt

12th doctor set:
      Bill has black converses and a stripe down her jeans

4th doctor set:
      4th doc has the correct legs and the red jacket is Matt
      Brig is in a lighter colour

• David

February 7th, 2019 - 3:05pm

Could anyone tell me which K9 this is? I thoguht it was Mk1 but there’s some noticeable differences between this and the B&M K9mk1 (no scanner screen and different collar), which K9 release is this one?

Thanks

• Tyler Prescott

February 7th, 2019 - 1:04pm

Big Finish have announced a 12th Doctor Short Trips!

• MickeySmith07

February 6th, 2019 - 10:18pm

Can’t comment on the page but Big Cheif’s 13th Doctor is at 271/500 In 5 days so not many left now!

• Judooning

February 7th, 2019 - 9:41am

It’s continuously creeping up. It’s certainly more exciting this way, if not a little nerve wracking!

• yogi_bear

February 7th, 2019 - 1:14pm

Hope you dont have to wait too long to get one. It says manufacturing STARTS once they secure 500 orders and lets fce it Big Chief dont have a reputtion for speed. How long ago were those shots of the ‘planned’ Pertwee figure floating round ??

• MickeySmith07

February 7th, 2019 - 11:05pm

The said that it should be here by the end of the year when it goes green!

February 8th, 2019 - 9:47am

Yes but which year?

• Judooning

February 6th, 2019 - 9:49pm

I’ve been a bit behind on the titan stuff.

Have they mentioned about a second wave of Kawaii Titan figures? Recently got some and I quite like them. Got the 13th dr and TARDIS twin pack on pre-order too

February 7th, 2019 - 8:38am

no nothing, there weren’t at the toy fair so didn’t hear of any future plans

• Judooning

February 7th, 2019 - 9:40am

Thank you. Hope there is more to come

• Judooning

February 5th, 2019 - 2:41pm

I’ve decided to take a trip of nostalgia and buy some of the origional classic exclusives to keep in their boxes.
    Started with the 1st Dr and Saucer Command Dalek Black and White set.
    Reasonable price on EBay.

• Doctor Mysterio

February 6th, 2019 - 12:21am

That was a nice set. Well done.

• David Carter

February 5th, 2019 - 11:41am

How much to send a doctor who No.4, leela and k9 figure set to Australia?

February 5th, 2019 - 11:48am

we don’t sell stuff on here your would need to try an ebay seller probably

• prototype dalek

February 5th, 2019 - 2:28pm

It would depend on weight but try the Royal Mail website for a quote or Hermes

February 5th, 2019 - 9:35am

Hmv saved! And not by Mike Ashley thankfully! Hopefully we’ll be able to preorder things again soon

• Tyler Prescott

February 5th, 2019 - 6:13pm

Thank god! I much prefer to buy my classic DVDs in-person, and know that I’m supporting a chain in need rather than an internet giant.

February 5th, 2019 - 6:26pm

you can take on the giants, even if only in a small way to start with

when the HMV links for The macra terror were live but Amazons weren’t (they should have been live at the same time) people were more than happy to order from the former, you can learn from that.

You just need to put a strategy in place and persevere.

February 6th, 2019 - 1:02am

I’m hoping hmv put stuff up soon for preorder again, I’ll be ordering macra like a shot. The hmv store is down so I don’t know if they are in the process of updating. If the prices or offers aren’t as good I’ll still try to use them over the big corporations. I now buy all my who books via waterstone’s. Full price but I get points on my card and they often send stuff early. I got my copy of scratchman 4 days before my mate who ordered on Amazon prime. Power to the real shops! Unless it’s kerblam! and my stuff is delivered by a robot…

• Gordon

February 6th, 2019 - 11:11am

When The last takeover of hmv happened it was closed for a year. Will be interesting to see how long it will be before it reopens. Interesting note about the new owners. Sunrise records does have an online shop but you can only browse online. You can’t actually buy anything.

February 6th, 2019 - 11:23am

Just received a reply from hmv, site is closed while ownership transfers and it may be some weeks before there is any information available about what is happening. It would seem a bit silly to me for the new owners to scrap an online ordering system that has been in place for some time. However I long ago abandoned hope of understanding decisions by any form of management! It would seem especially silly in view of the number of towns/cities losing their physical hmv stores. No access to online shopping via hmv means those without a local branch would be forced to use the big internet corporations. Which rather defeats the whole keeping the brand alive vibe…

• Keith Capp

February 5th, 2019 - 4:56am

I have an 18″ voice interactive Dalek.
    Does anyone know if the volume of its voice can be regulated?
    It seems rather loud.
    Thanks.

• WhovianLife

February 5th, 2019 - 10:00am

Mines quiet and I don’t know why so if there is a way then I’d like to know also! 🙂

February 4th, 2019 - 10:07pm

Do the tickets for the BFI screening for the macra terror go on sale tomorrow or next week?

February 4th, 2019 - 10:07pm

If your a memeber I mean

• Judooning

February 4th, 2019 - 4:56pm

The Big Chief 13th Dr figure launch pad is now live for everyone. Got my order in. Nearly half way to the 500 mark already just from priority orders so hopefully it’ll reach its target.

February 4th, 2019 - 5:01pm

was live for everyone all along its seems, they put the link on the official FB page 2 days ago, thought it was supposed to be 6.00pm tonight

• Judooning

February 4th, 2019 - 5:23pm

Strange. Defeats the point of priority sign up then.
      Still, hopefully I’ll get a low edition number if it gets made.
      I paid in full and was in the first 40 orders

February 4th, 2019 - 5:25pm

I think it maybe OK

• Demdike@CultLabs

February 3rd, 2019 - 11:13pm

booboo, have you seen the new Dalek pyjamas (mens) at Tu Sainsburys?

Here’s the link if not. https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/BBC-Doctor-Who-Grey-%26-Red-Dalek-Pyjamas/134497340-Red?searchTerm=:newArrivals&searchProduct=

February 4th, 2019 - 10:00am

no but i have now

February 3rd, 2019 - 9:27pm

Any news about macra terror cover art?

February 1st, 2019 - 8:48pm

Do you think we’ll see any Doctor Who stuff at toy fair New York from Seven20?

February 1st, 2019 - 8:53pm

who knows, they have been very quiet of late

February 2nd, 2019 - 1:04am

Theres an image going round of the seven20 5.5inch figure packaging, and a more in-hand look at the figure. It looks like what I imagine a 3.75″ 13 would look like honestly…

• The Outcast

February 2nd, 2019 - 10:29am

Maybe it should have been in the 3.75 scale. That would have pleased collectors of that range.

• Judooning

February 2nd, 2019 - 11:41am

I notice they’ve used the same “5.5inch collector series” description that Character use. Strait rip off or did they get permission?

• BrunoB

February 2nd, 2019 - 2:09pm

Most probably a “let’s do the same thing so that people know they’re the same scale”… Shame they used Google Translate for the FR version of that though, because Google Translate didn’t know how to translate it…

Oh, and on the back of the pack, they forgot “Doctor” in “13th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver”… so it’s the 13th screwdriver… :/ LOL

• Tyler Prescott

February 5th, 2019 - 6:20pm

It sort of is the 13th sonic screwdriver, in a way (I know that’s not the point):

1 – 2nd Doctor’s
      2 – 3rd Doctor’s Mk I
      3 – 3rd Doctor’s Mk II
      4 – 4th Doctor’s
      5 – 5th Doctor’s
      6 – 8th Doctor’s Mk I
      7 – 8th Doctor’s Mk II (Dark Eyes)
      8 – War Doctor’s
      9 – 9th/10th Doctor’s Mk I
      10 – 10th Doctor’s Mk II
      11 – 11th/12th Doctor’s Mk I
      12 – 12th Doctor’s Mk II
      13 – 13th Doctor’s

• The Flying Shark

February 1st, 2019 - 7:34pm

RIP Mr Copper.

February 1st, 2019 - 10:54pm

That interview tho…

February 1st, 2019 - 7:02pm

So I’m kinda confused, is Seven20 what Underground Toys used to be? Or is it Character? Or something seperate?

February 1st, 2019 - 7:10pm

some time ago underground toys basically split into USA and UK divisions

seven20 is what underground toys USA used to be, the UK division was sold to Funko

as a company they never had any connection to Character whatsoever other than UT used to Co fund figures

UT also shared some connection to FP international

February 1st, 2019 - 10:58pm

Ah ok thank you!

• WouldYouLikeAJellyBaby?

February 1st, 2019 - 12:52pm

Al Dewar has posted an image of the delayed Thirteenth Doctor’s Flight Control TARDIS on Gallifrey Base.

February 1st, 2019 - 12:55pm

well part of it

• The Outcast

February 1st, 2019 - 12:58pm

From the bit shown, it looks pretty damn good, though we’ll have to wait until we get images of the full thing, which is now confirmed to be coming out in 2020 with the Series.

February 1st, 2019 - 1:00pm

lets just hope they dont decide to change the exterior!

February 1st, 2019 - 1:02pm

Wait, so it’s been confirmed that TARDIS isn’t coming out in 2020?

• The Outcast

February 1st, 2019 - 1:07pm

No, it is coming out in 2020 (provide everything goes to plan).

• Judooning

February 1st, 2019 - 3:41pm

Wow! That grain effect is super!

• Doctoramy

January 31st, 2019 - 8:28pm

Why is there a delay in the re release B&M sets and are we definitely sure it’s pushed back to april

February 1st, 2019 - 8:33am

only going by whats on the system, could be any amount of reasons

January 30th, 2019 - 10:19pm

Does anyone know what is currently going on with Eaglemoss & it’s terrible Distribution? I have had to cancel my last few orders for figurines with Forbidden Planet due to them not supplying them with stock in time. I dare not wait as I would have gaps in my collection & Eaglemoss is less than forthcoming on the matter. I currently having to source from anywhere & everywhere & it’s getting to be a pain!

February 11th, 2019 - 8:31pm

OK – Obviously not!

• Tyler Prescott

January 30th, 2019 - 6:24pm

Does anyone know why the Series 11 DVD (£49.99) costs more than the Blu-Ray Steelbook (£48.99)?

January 30th, 2019 - 6:46pm

Amazons pricing is all over the place, since the demise of HMV, much cheaper elsewhere from places like http://www.zoom.co.uk but cant help feeling this is doing more harm than good especially to the Doctor Who line

January 30th, 2019 - 8:03pm

Because Amazon can charge what they like now. I got the series 11 DVD from sainbury’s for £30 and Asda had it for £35

January 30th, 2019 - 8:13pm

it wont take much for people to switch to different retailers, but in the mean time overall sales will be damaged as people will back off i think.

January 30th, 2019 - 8:58pm

I agree boo boo I think Amazon are being very silly. Especially when you consider that its sold out in many supermarkets. Galaxy 4 has sold out twice for the DVD. Thing with Amazon is it’s not just who they have increased the prices of huge amounts of DVDs.

• Tyler Prescott

January 31st, 2019 - 11:17am

Thanks

• c.jones

January 30th, 2019 - 5:41pm

I have a boxed darlec key ring dated 1963. Does it have any value please?

January 30th, 2019 - 5:56pm

the date doesn’t refer to when it was made generally, have to see a picture but most key rings were available in abundance

January 30th, 2019 - 8:25pm

Yeah true booboo, the amount of people I have seen on ebay and in markets people saying ‘rare old 1963 doctor who’ even though it was released just a few years ago.

• Tyler Prescott

January 31st, 2019 - 1:42pm

It’s probably either the copyright for the Daleks, from the first Dalek story, in ‘63, or copyright for the show from the same year.

• MJS

February 1st, 2019 - 10:47am

Unlikely to be “from” 1963 as a Daleks’ wasn’t even seen on screen until 28th December that year.

January 30th, 2019 - 5:11pm

Do you cover German releases here

Because I just Heard that the tenth doctor animated specials are getting a blu ray release there

January 30th, 2019 - 5:14pm

not really there are loads. all the stuff in the season packs are as well