November 23rd, 1963 220 comments

Ask A Question

Please note ALL “ask a question” comments are deleted every so often, usually every 100-200 posts or weekly which ever is the sooner otherwise there would 10’s of thousands of comments here .

If you would like to know anything specific about a piece of Doctor Who merchandise, or something related to it please ask here and we will try our best to answer it (or anyone else can who might have a better idea).

We will generally not answer any questions related to leaked information.

Please keep this section for merchandise questions only. Questions in the main threads (unless it has to do with the article) will be deleted.

There will be a permanent link to this article on the merchandise front page.

Please keep to questions relevant to Doctor Who merchandise. DO NOT leave any personal details such as email addresses (links or just wording ) or attempt to make contact or sell items via the comment boxes.

Please do not leave any spoilers, speculation or information on un-aired episodes or series here. This is for merchandise only.

Any irrelevant posts, and posts that have nothing to do with merchandise will be deleted without explanation.

Categorised under: News, Retail

• Euan Bird

December 1st, 2021 - 5:33pm

If is anyone is interested, you can currently get the Doctor Who Advent Calendar from Eaglemoss for £53.89. They have reduced the price down to £76.99 but if you add on the 30% discount you can get it for £53.89. Although it’s still expensive in my opinion, a lot better than the original £110 price tag. Decided to give in and buy it since it’s a lot cheaper.

• Doctor Mysterio

November 30th, 2021 - 11:18pm

Just to let you know that the discount code PLUS35 on the Eaglemoss website will give you 35% off today, but not sure for how long.

• Sausage

November 30th, 2021 - 11:56pm

Cheers for that! Just bought the Junkyard Tardis with that code.

• Popplewick

December 1st, 2021 - 12:36pm

Still no sign of the Mutt or Navarino somethings telling me they’re going to become hard to get items if you’re not a subscriber.

• daz

December 1st, 2021 - 4:08pm

They’ll appear once sale is over.

• the ergon

December 1st, 2021 - 5:00pm

Theres one sale overlapping another but still no new figurines. They will come onto the site, ‘When’ is another matter.

• Popplewick

December 1st, 2021 - 9:38pm

Eaglemoss can exclude items from sales.

• Sausage

November 30th, 2021 - 5:40pm

Does anyone know anything on the Tom Baker “Hornet’s Nest” Vinyl Set? Has it been dropped or will it be ‘Waiting To Be Announced…’

November 30th, 2021 - 5:57pm

i think they it put on prematurely to be honest, they would have already done much of the work for this.

• The Fishmonger

November 30th, 2021 - 10:26pm

Ooh this sounds exciting….

• the ergon

November 30th, 2021 - 4:56pm

unrelated question whyll awaiting Who stock. can anybody tell me which are the best Star Wars collection set of figures to buy in the original trilogy? Ive seen the black card and 6 inch lines but there are so many and some of the Hasbro ones are now defunct. So just wondering where to start from scratch, excluding the original Kenner line? Love Boba Fett, it was the first figure i bought when i was 8 years old and i,m getting an appetite now The book of Fett will be transmitted soon.

November 30th, 2021 - 5:10pm

Hello ergon, (nearly posted at the same time). Don’t know if you go on any Star wars fan sites. But check out Jedi Temple Archives or Yakface, their superb.
      They both have a Toy section, if you click on you’ll see a list of every Kenner, Hasbro figure that’s ever been made in the 3.75, 6, or 12 inch scale from 1978 onwards
      Theirs great reviews of every single figure with all the pros and cons of buying. With loads of photos included too.
      I also go on Rebelscum regularly but the first two I mentioned are the best.

November 30th, 2021 - 5:19pm

Just checked, Jedi Temples Archives has the best guide for you ergon.
      When you go on just click on “Star wars visual guides” and you’ll be amazed.

• The ergon

November 30th, 2021 - 6:57pm

Ill check that out coleman. Just a little fed up waiting for the who figures and figurines. I m not an uber fan of star wars but the original trilogy has a special place and i wouldnt mind some of those characters i couldnt afford back in the 70s and early 80s. I had to borrow some from a schoolfriend. I dont know if you remember them but most of the kids in my class used to collect star wars cards the ones with the strip of chewing gum inside, after star wars came out. I almost had the lot but then they stopped.

November 30th, 2021 - 7:25pm

Yes, I remember the cards ergon and I collected them, the ones with the light blue borders and a red flash with the number on? I’ve always been a big Star wars fan.

• the ergon

November 30th, 2021 - 9:01pm

I,ve just looked them up. Topps cards. God, thats going back. I remember the first day they went on sale in the shop near school and the lot sold out and there were queues to get them. you had to be there early. I,m sure they advertised them the night before as well. I wanted some so bad and to make it worse there were some trading cards first break in the playground. I was so jealous.

• The ergon

November 30th, 2021 - 11:08pm

I might treat myself to a few from the 6 inch black series line. R2 and 3PO, first with boba fett then jawa, tuskan raiders, bib fortuna and jabba. Maybe a few droids. And a few humans and i couldnt miss Darth Vader. Theres just so many and ranges. Ive just the place to display them.

December 1st, 2021 - 10:58am

Glad I could help ergon, did you check out “Jedi Temple Archives” it’s great for information and photo galleries.
      I remember those cards as if it was yesterday. Theirs a news agents just at the bottom of the street from where I lived where I bought them from, then off to School which was only round the corner.
      Good times.

• The ergon

December 1st, 2021 - 11:59pm

Just ordered handles and a 3rd doctor slithering maggot from big chiefs kitbash corner. Couldnt resist as ive already preordered the definitive doctors. I may pick up adipose later and cherub if i can find a weeping angel. One that could do with a reissue.

November 30th, 2021 - 4:53pm

Is Their some Art Cards or Lenticular cards included with Season 13 on Bluray and DVD out next year.
    I noticed the cases had small round info stickers on them when they were advertised on Sunday after the 5th Episode of the Flux. I was curious what information they had on them ?

• MJS

November 29th, 2021 - 9:14pm

Another BBC Audio Original called The Resurrection Plant is being released Aug 2022. It’s a 2nd Doctor, Jamie and Zoe story, narrated by Frazer Hines

November 30th, 2021 - 1:00pm

MJS, is it Plant as in a flower or as in a nuclear Plant. (Do you know which it will be)?

• Auton

November 30th, 2021 - 2:42pm

It’s the latter coleman

November 30th, 2021 - 4:15pm

Ah, Thanks Auton. That does seem more plausible, I had some really strange images in my mind.
      (Abit like little shop of Horrors).

November 30th, 2021 - 6:50pm

Having just read a little of this story online, I would love for this story to be included in a future episode of Dr Who. This is one story were I would like to see it on screen rather than just listening to it.
      Sounds great.

• Popplewick

December 2nd, 2021 - 12:42am

Theres a strip story in one of the Troughton annuals about a tentacled plant going on the rampage. I rather like it.

• Sausage

November 29th, 2021 - 6:58pm

Booboo – I see a new Book ‘Doctor Who: Origin Stories’ just listed on Amazon for 18/8/22. Do you have any further info on it?

November 29th, 2021 - 7:46pm

nothing only just seen it myself

• MJS

November 29th, 2021 - 9:16pm

It’s about companions. From Penguin:

Ten stories telling the origins of the very best of the Doctor’s friends . .

‘We all change, when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives’

Whisked away from their lives on Earth, the Doctor’s companions we know and love sail alien seas, save countless lives and remind the Time Lord that he’s a bit . . . well . . . human.

But who were they before the Doctor? What adventures did they have before bumping into the untimely Time Lord?

Dive into a collection of stories and adventures about the childhood’s of the Doctor’s companions, written by famous faces from Doctor Who’s long sci-fi history.

• Popplewick

November 29th, 2021 - 6:44pm

Bit of a set back for the release of the Zaavi Big Chief figures. They haven’t even bothered with a December date right back to January 30th next year !

December 1st, 2021 - 9:15pm

I wonder if Jay knows theirs another delay. He mentioned he had pre-ordered Big Chief figures off Zavvi before.
      I’d have loved That Tom Baker figure from Zavvi but has I mentioned before they don’t accept Debit cards paying by Split it, ah well.

November 29th, 2021 - 11:37am

Yes, that auto correct strikes again. lol.
    Would be alot worse, but I usually double check before posting comments.

• TimelordTim

November 29th, 2021 - 11:32am

25% off nearly all Warlord Games Doctor Who products today! Certainly worth a look for anyone that likes their painting projects.

November 29th, 2021 - 1:44pm

I bet your Tempted Tim?

• Popplewick

November 29th, 2021 - 2:27pm

I really envy people with model painting skills. If I was any good as a painter ( and my eyesight was sharp enough) I’d snap up some of these. Always regret not getting the Tomb of the Cybermen’ they made though. Always wish they sold them prepainted.

• TimelordTim

November 29th, 2021 - 3:22pm

Definitely tempted Coleman, looking at a few of them for sure!

• the ergon

November 29th, 2021 - 5:27pm

i cant really see Irongron in the Eaglemoss collection anytime soon.

• TimelordTim

November 30th, 2021 - 8:14am

Picked up a couple sets of Zygons and a set of Timelords in the end. I also managed to get the special release Gunslinger on eBay the other day. So that’s my Christmas painting sorted!

November 30th, 2021 - 1:07pm

Will look out for them on your collections Tim.

• the ergon

November 28th, 2021 - 4:56pm

10 bids on Alpha centauri with minutes to go and at least £350 at present on ebay.

• the ergon

November 28th, 2021 - 5:01pm

sold for £350.

• Popplewick

November 28th, 2021 - 7:30pm

How much does that make a collection of harrop figures worth I wonder. Good case for reviewing insurance.

November 29th, 2021 - 11:28am

I’m sure awhile back i said it would go for £350.
      Can’t seem to find my comment now?

November 29th, 2021 - 11:33am

Just found the comment ergon, alot lower down on this page. £325 I said. Wasnt far out.

• MJS

November 27th, 2021 - 9:46pm

Not a question but a heads up. Amazon are advertising Doctor Who: The BBC Radio Episodes Collection: 3rd, 4th & 6th Doctor Audio Dramas. Paradise of Death, Ghosts of N-Space, The Pescatons, Exploration Earth, slipback and Whatever Happened to Susan. Due June 2022 on CD

• The Fishmonger

November 28th, 2021 - 11:50am

Great, thanks for the info. I have pre-ordered!

• The ergon

November 28th, 2021 - 1:00pm

Thats good but these are the stacked versions not the individual cases. Tempted to order but i think some of these might migrate to the bluray collections as exploration earth and the pescatons did.

• Popplewick

November 26th, 2021 - 10:05pm

I notice the Nick Frost Eaglemoss Santa is wearing glasses. Wonder if we could get a figure of Peter Davison in his – always thought they added something to his character. Maybe he could be holding one of those exploding green lamps from Frontios – an episode where he wore the glasses most.

• Popplewick

November 26th, 2021 - 6:27pm

Have to confess my curiousity is absolutely killing me…where’s the pics of the forthcoming eaglemoss servo robot someone please 😀

November 26th, 2021 - 6:41pm

here you go but worst way in my opinion of finding out about the next issues to be hoenst

• Popplewick

November 26th, 2021 - 6:52pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! Im aghast. That is absolutely stunning – it has to be one of the best classics along with the Mutt. Many thanks. I hope they can produce a Chumbley of similar quality.

• Doctor Stu

November 26th, 2021 - 9:02pm

There’s nothing in that figurine that would tell me it’s nick frost. So we’re basically just getting a figurine of Santa clause. Just a bog standard Santa. Good timing for Christmas I suppose but as we’re 8 issues and two specials behind, probably won’t turn up until about March

• The ergon

November 27th, 2021 - 10:40am

Looks like nick frost as santa to me, well from what you can see but the likelihood well get this as an xmas gift is a little wishful thinking . That would be have to be a quick turnaround of issues. We are months behind the others. No sign of 204 and 5. Never mind ‘213’.

• Auton

November 27th, 2021 - 10:44am

I think both figures look very accurate

• Dave

November 26th, 2021 - 12:34pm

does anybody know whats happening with the new B&M Doctor Who dollys were they not due again about now ?

November 26th, 2021 - 12:37pm

yes there were but like many other items continuing container delays ( particularly from china) and lorry driver shortages goods are being pushed back again and again from scheduled delivery dates.

no doubt firstly Halloween and now Christmas goods will have jumped the queue

• TheDoctorWhoCollector

November 26th, 2021 - 11:33am

Ordered the Master figure today and the Andrew Skilleter limited edition art book arrived today, number 17/30s, now waiting on the standard book version.

• Book collector

November 26th, 2021 - 3:20pm

Did you get an email to say the book had been sent? I’ve got the standard version ordered but have heard nothing since I ordered it.

• TheDoctorWhoCollector

November 26th, 2021 - 3:39pm

The Book Collector, No warning E.Mail to say it was in the post, i know the site has been saying its tempory closed when you go to the account.

• Book collector

November 26th, 2021 - 4:17pm

Yes the site has been saying that for about a month now. Hopefully the standard book won’t be too long in coming.

• Popplewick

November 26th, 2021 - 10:44am

Interesting the Mutt and Navarino are on the US eaglemoss site but not ours yet. Wonder if there’s a supply issue for the UK. Usually they get to the site at roughly the same time that the subscribers receive them.

• Doctor Stu

November 25th, 2021 - 1:24pm

Is everybody else still waiting for the last six or so Eaglemoss orders? As well as a rare Dalek and a subscriber cyber controller? Because I think it’s awful there’s been no acknowledgement to customers what’s going on, either by email or phone call. Meanwhile they’re announcing new releases and Doctor who issues like there’s no problems at all. Feels a bit like the ps5 fiasco, where not a single soul could get their hands on a ps5 and yet the PlayStation socials just ignored the problem and carried on like everything was normal

• GalexTEM

November 25th, 2021 - 4:16am

will there be a 5 inch evil of the daleks emperor dalek set? and will there be 5 inch defense drone daleks? and lastly will there be a dalek master plan 5 inch red dalek?

• John

November 25th, 2021 - 7:54am

No to the Emperor, we don’t know about the Drone and there never was a red Dalek in masterplan and we have alreday had that set anyway.

• The Outcast

November 25th, 2021 - 9:39am

A red Dalek based on the cover of that Masterplan novelisation is possible, for it’d just be a repaint. As for if there’ll be one, I dunno, I don’t think they’ve got any plans. Same for the other two, but as they require new tooling, they’re more unlikely.

• The ergon

November 24th, 2021 - 11:48pm

If they can recreate grand moff tarkin and doctor sam loomis from halloween why not do the same with classic doctors for the 60th or perhaps a new single 3D animation adventure for each. With classic companions.

• scotel

November 25th, 2021 - 7:20am

Because you are comparing two Hollywood blockbusters with a sci-fi show on the budget Star Trek had 30 years ago. Realistic 3D models of people are ludicrously expensive. They made a model of Hartnell for the 50th anniversary trailer and that was most of the budget gone for a couple of seconds of footage.

Technology gets cheaper over time, but it was only practical for feature films two years ago for anything more than a cameo, it’s absolutely not at the BBC’s budget yet.

• John

November 25th, 2021 - 7:56am

I think you’ll find the BBC budget won’t stretch to digital recreations.

• the ergon

November 25th, 2021 - 9:41am

Not even for its flagship shows 60th and with RTD at the helm? For such a grandiose occasion surely Russell could talk some of those executives at the BBC to part with a bit more cash now he is overseeing this. They neednt be more than cameos for a feature. Or alternatively bring in those aged doctors and have them cast as enigmatic evil alter egos. 2d original animated stories could also work if they could find an animation team who are already on it in advance.

• Children of davros

November 25th, 2021 - 9:57am

Ergonomics the budget for recreating even one actor would be astronomical.

• Children of davros

November 25th, 2021 - 12:08pm

Not sure what happened there ergon, autocorrect strikes again I think

November 25th, 2021 - 4:14pm

I am not saying your wrong Scotel, but have you seen that Deep fake technology, I keep seeing on YouTube. Can’t be that expensive with every Tom, Dick and Harry using it?
      (Not Big film company’s).

• scotel

November 25th, 2021 - 4:38pm

They got no extra money for the 50th, not even to accomodate a longer run time, I can’t see the 60th being any diferent.

Also I have seen the Deep Fake examples on YouTube and with the greatest of respect to the people dabbling with this new technology, it is absolutely nowhere near ready for a large projecct. One thing for a handful of fans, another entirely for several million people on prime time BBC One.

• John

November 26th, 2021 - 1:19pm

You forget they have already done it – the line up at the end of the 50th had actors with superimposed faces. So RTD could well think been done meh

• Children of davros

November 26th, 2021 - 3:22pm

There is a huge difference from having a face replaced in a lineup to having a full performance replaced. It’s a huge amount of money and it’s just not practical.