September 9th, 2019 69 comments

Dr Who Figurine Collection Special 21 Dalek Gun Ship

This item will be available to order from www.shop.eaglemoss.com

Use Our Code WHOS12 on your basket page for 12% off.

From the long-running science-fiction TV series, comes the twenty-first Special Edition in the acclaimed Doctor Who Figurine Collection – The Dalek Gunship!

On the last day of the Time War, the Dalek Gunships are there on Gallifrey. On the last day of the Eleventh Doctor’s life, the Dalek Gunships are there on Trenzalore.

These incredibly important moments in the Doctor’s life have the Daleks strike terror in an entirely new way… In this special issue, discover how the Dalek Gunships evolved from machines that looked similar to the Dalek Emperor and what happened when the effects company that was meant to create the gunships suddenly shut down its television department…!

Standing approximately 135mm tall, we have recreated the Dalek Gunship, to exacting standards, and our figurine is another essential addition to the ever-growing collection.

Categorised under: Doctor Who Figurine Collection, Magazine

• John

September 15th, 2019 - 12:47am

I really wish Eaglemoss could do another poll for fans to see which figures they most want. The magazine wont go forever and there is lots of new and classic series figures that could get made that fans most want. I hope the magazine goes past 180.

• Neil Corry

September 17th, 2019 - 7:48am

What makes you think we don’t know?

• Aaron Gallagher

September 13th, 2019 - 7:19pm

I have only just discovered these figures today and was wondering how I subscribe to get them and if I do do I also get older issues and the rare special daleks that were released?

• Neil Corry

September 13th, 2019 - 9:58pm

Adrian, I’m sorry to say that subscribing isn’t possible from issue 1, and it hasn’t been for a while. Lots of the issues are sold out as it’s been running for six years.

I think it’s still possible to subscribe from the next available issue.

Saying that, a number of people I’ve talked to have been successfully building and completing their collections through back-issue orders on the Eaglemoss site (watch out for special offers, and this great site gets you a brilliant 12% off), and sites like eBay have helped too.

I’m really happy you’ve found the magazine, but sad to give a probably disappointing reply. I wish you the best of luck building your collection. We are very proud of it.

• Aaron Gallagher

September 14th, 2019 - 4:47pm

How do I subscribe to it then I havent been able to find anything online.

September 14th, 2019 - 5:28pm

If you ring them they should be able to help

UK Telephone: 0844 472 5250 | 01425 462863

Ireland Telephone: 1890 719981

Email: dw-figurines@eaglemoss-service.com

Address: Doctor Who Figurine Collection, Unit 4, Pullman Business Park, Pullman Way, Ringwood, Hampshire BH24 1HD

• Aaron Gallagher

September 15th, 2019 - 3:07pm

Hey sorry to keep being a pain but I was wondering would you be able to tell me more about it?as I have heard that I can get some extra stuff if i pay a bit more such as some extra daleks and the emperorand some stands, also do I need to buy the bonus and special editions separately or do they come with the subscription? Also I have been told I can subscribe for the latest issue which is 141 but i though it was on issue 157 or there about? Sorry for all the questions and thanks a bunch for the help.

September 15th, 2019 - 3:23pm

they will give you the number you can subscribe from, but you can start anywhere above that number generally, then if they still do it you can upgrade to the premium subscription and you will get any future special Daleks / stand, the black stands, binders and special edition are all add ons you pick and choose what you what to receive in the future.

I have no idea what free gifts would still be available at this stage.

• Aaron Gallagher

September 15th, 2019 - 3:59pm

And I can buy the older issues on their website?

September 15th, 2019 - 4:14pm

yes but many early ones are are out of stock and you cant buy the special Daleks although a couple are in the Parliament sets 2

• Aaron Gallagher

September 15th, 2019 - 4:33pm

How likely are they to come back in to stock?

September 15th, 2019 - 6:01pm

i just don’t know on that

• JRT!

September 16th, 2019 - 5:37am

You can also find some of the collection on amazon.co.uk,if you’re looking for back issues.

• Neil Corry

September 16th, 2019 - 8:24am

Thanks to the brilliant booboo for answering Aaron’s questions.

Occasionally issues are reprinted, but it is only occasionally.

• Aaron Gallagher

September 16th, 2019 - 1:03pm

Thank you all very much for your help.

• Bill Lane

September 12th, 2019 - 12:47pm

Are we going to be able to get this in the USA on the Eaglemoss site?

September 11th, 2019 - 6:31pm

Really disappointed to read on Facebook that we’re getting another gold plinth instead of a rare Dalek next time.

• prototype dalek

September 10th, 2019 - 9:29am

Really looking forward to getting this one, love the detail and something completely different. I know Character did one but it is certainly better and more accurate by a long way

September 10th, 2019 - 8:25am

Dalek Gunship or Dalek Battle Pod?

• Sauvix

September 10th, 2019 - 2:30pm

I thought it was called a Dalek Patrol Ship

• Neil Corry

September 11th, 2019 - 10:00am

It was Battle Pod for a long time. And then we read Steven Moffat’s novelisation of Day of the Doctor and he calls them gunships. His script. His word. Nuff sed 🙂

• JRT!

September 13th, 2019 - 2:28pm

Neil – are you gonna be at NYCC first weekend of October? Will this be for sale there? If not,could you bring me one to buy,lol! Also need a Tardigrade from the STD line. All three times I ordered one it failed,so never got one. Yet.

Looking forward to the con. Always fly over for this one and Comic-Con every year. And Christmas of course. lol

• Bobby Davros

September 13th, 2019 - 2:57pm

The pods are the single dalek pilot version, innit?

• Neil Corry

September 13th, 2019 - 9:59pm

JRT! I won’t be at NYCC :((((

• JRT!

September 14th, 2019 - 7:23am

Neil- sorry to hear that! Maybe I could ask Chris? I know he’s going,at least he said so at Comic-Con,lol! And maybe you’ll be at Comic-Con next July? Here’s hoping.

• Jamie

September 9th, 2019 - 3:28pm

Genuinely serious question, does anyone know where the best place to go would be to nominate Ben, Neil and the Figurine Collection for an award?

I honestly believe this is the best figurine collection Eaglemoss have released and they should be acknowledged and rewarded for that.

September 9th, 2019 - 3:39pm

I don’t know of any platforms for that kind of thing.

although its not a bad idea if it could be put together.

• Neil Corry

September 11th, 2019 - 10:05am

Thanks for the very nice words.

• Doctor Stu

September 9th, 2019 - 1:38pm

Ooh I might have to give those Daleks a paint

• Arthur Anymoredonuts

September 9th, 2019 - 11:40am

“Look at the size of that thing, Doctor!”
    “Yes, Jamie, that is a big one”

• The Outcast

September 7th, 2019 - 10:50am

Oooo, nice. I’m not a collector of the Eaglemoss range, but I might pick this up (and try to track down the Emperors and Prime Minister figures they did to go along with my 5″ scale stuff)

• Andy

August 29th, 2019 - 10:25pm

Does anyone know if this is just a special or are we going to have it sprung on us that it is a mega and costing nearly a hundred Spondon let’s.

September 3rd, 2019 - 3:09am

This is Special # 21 & will retail in the shops for £25.99

• Crosby

September 11th, 2019 - 4:12am

£24.99.or £25.99 is the price I had an email but £23.99 if you opted into the specials if your a subscriber

• sauvix

August 10th, 2019 - 11:54am

when will this be released?

September 3rd, 2019 - 3:12am

To be released on Thursday 3rd Oct according to Eaglemoss

• Stephen Crosby

June 14th, 2019 - 1:41pm

If the collection does get extended i’m happy but I’d be happy if the collection carries on forever as I’ll be leaving the whole collection in my will to my eldest daughter

• Stephen Crosby

June 14th, 2019 - 1:34pm

When was Jamie figurine released as I’ve not seen it anywhere on here or the eaglemoss site

June 14th, 2019 - 1:40pm

its hasn’t been yet

• Eaglemoss Hound

September 9th, 2019 - 8:39pm

Jamie is part of a Companion double pack with the 2nd Doctor

• john hogg

June 11th, 2019 - 11:43am

if two specials and they are usually four months apart what’s expected releases dates

June 11th, 2019 - 9:27am

Now that spaceships (or at least small ones) are part of the figurine collection I would love to see, a 10th Sontaran battle fleet Space Pod, the imperial Dalek shuttle craft, The Master’s Tardis, The Racnoss Webstar and The Movellan Ship. One really cool thing I would love to see in the collection is a model of the Dalek City from The Magician’s Apprentice.

June 10th, 2019 - 8:51pm

So will we have to buy the ‘little daleks’ separately or does it come with the gunship??

• Slitheen97

June 11th, 2019 - 9:48am

AFAIK you get them with the gunship

• Duncan Parsons

June 10th, 2019 - 8:13pm

Just out interest, has there been a brigadier figurine?

• The Flying Shark

June 10th, 2019 - 8:21pm

No-the only companion figurines so far are Amy, Rose, Sarah Jane, Captain Jack, Bill and Jamie-plus Madame Vastra, although her status as a companion is debatable.

• Stephen Crosby

June 14th, 2019 - 1:35pm

They should do the brigadier as a collection box set as a unit set

• Jamie

June 10th, 2019 - 5:39pm

Another excellent addition to this wonderful collection.

Do we know when the application process for an extension needs to start and when we’ll find out if it’s been extended by?

• Neil Corry

June 10th, 2019 - 7:16pm

If the Doctor Who Figurine Collection goes beyond issue 180, the Doctor Who Site will be one of the very first places where you see the news.

• John

September 9th, 2019 - 4:11pm

If it goes past 180, I wish they would make some of less popular classic and new series monsters like Mestor & the Borad. Also,I wish they would make an Abzorbaloff & Leandro.

June 10th, 2019 - 5:08pm

This explains the ‘little Dalek’ photo I saw elsewhere a couple of days ago … I will be getting one of these!

June 10th, 2019 - 5:08pm

yes that’s it

June 10th, 2019 - 6:18pm

Do you know where I can find these ‘little daleks’??

June 10th, 2019 - 6:21pm

bear in mind this is 1″ high

• Keiren Kavanagh

June 10th, 2019 - 4:53pm

When do these go on sale and how much ?

June 10th, 2019 - 4:56pm

this is September and presumably £19.99 like the other specials

June 10th, 2019 - 5:00pm

When is the Pyrovile due?

June 10th, 2019 - 5:03pm

end of the month or there abouts

• Neil Corry

June 10th, 2019 - 7:15pm

The Pyrovile issue is scheduled for July 11.

I don’t know the price of the Dalek Gunship issue. I would expect it to be more than £19.99, however. It is a particularly impressive figurine.

• Col

June 10th, 2019 - 7:36pm

Neil…The gunship will be included as part of subscription though for those of us subscribed even if it’s a bit more cash ?? …sorry far to excited for both 😀

• Neil Corry

June 10th, 2019 - 7:41pm

Col, the Dalek Gunship a special issue. It’s not part of the regular run.

June 11th, 2019 - 8:55am

do you know if subscribers who opted in the for the specials will automatically get it or is it completely independent

June 11th, 2019 - 10:00am

Hopefully the price won’t be higher than the £35 – £40 range. Perhaps twice the price of a normal special edition – £39.99 maybe? Looks like it may be a similar size to the Emperor Dalek. Not quite as wide but certainly looks tall enough, and with three mini Daleks, if the magazine cover is an accurate view.

• Bobby Davros

June 15th, 2019 - 1:56am

I’ll be surprised if this is less than £49.99 given the price of similar size items in other collections and its added intricacy with the Dalek accessories.

June 18th, 2019 - 9:23am

Neil Corry posted the size of the gunship in the ‘Dr Who Figurine Collection Updates’ thread.

“Neil Corry June 10th, 2019 – 7:29pm
      It’s 135mm tall. I just nipped downstairs and measured it.”

King Hydroflax (Greg Davies) is about 13.5 cm.

That means it’s smaller than the oversized Emperor Dalek (22cm) and even smaller than some of the other Special editions 16-17cm (Minotaur, Drathro, The Beast, Pyrovile etc).
      Slightly bigger than the 11-12cm pieces (Tardis, the Mire etc).

So it’s smaller than you would have thought but a lot of detail crammed into it. Can’t wait!

• Bobby Davros

June 20th, 2019 - 8:26pm

Yeah I think I overestimated the price if its only 13 cm high. Having said that if the Daleks are 1 inch high then looking at the cover image the height of the ship should be at least 6 inches (15 cm) unless the Daleks are out of proportion.

• sauvix

June 10th, 2019 - 4:21pm

Can we find a picture of the figurine anywhere?

June 10th, 2019 - 4:26pm

there isn’t one as far as i know yet apart from the little Daleks

• Neil Corry