June 11th, 2021 35 comments

Harrops Future Figurine – The Ancient One

From their twitter page

Here is the first fully painted image of the Ancient One Haemovore from the 1989 Doctor Who episode The Curse of Fenric. He will be a Limited Edition of only 225 pieces and will go live on theri website for pre-ordering from Friday 25th June.

The next figurine after that will be William Hartnell, he has not yet been painted but they will be posting images of the completed piece very shortly. This will be pencilled in for an August release. After that Mike is currently working on 3 sculpts from the same episode to hopefully round off 2021. News on those when they have all been completed so they can show them off as a set.

Categorised under: News, Retail

• Dalekz

June 14th, 2021 - 10:56am

Well this guy has just brought his own bottle to a party, he seems fun.

• The Pun Lord

June 16th, 2021 - 8:21am

I hear he’s a real gas.

June 11th, 2021 - 6:42pm

Will go on their website on the 25th of June. (Classic) more like, will go like lightning. Ah ah.

• the ergon

June 11th, 2021 - 4:13pm

Only a few weeks to go now. I wish they would do that terileptil Android as a first.

• Fledershrew

June 11th, 2021 - 5:18pm

Yes I’d also like to see Harrop tackle the Terileptil Android. I think it could be terrific!

June 11th, 2021 - 6:45pm

The Android and Terileptil leader would be good. I know Dan mentioned on their site the Leader was coming soon, but that was two years ago?

June 11th, 2021 - 6:59pm

Hartnell next then trio from the same story to be announced – could be Terileptil Leader, Android and Android dressed as Death?

June 11th, 2021 - 8:06pm

Ergon, the next figure is William Hartnell. But after that Dans mentioned the next 3figures this year will be from the same Episodes. Any Guesses?

June 11th, 2021 - 8:11pm

Hopefully, Terileptil leader, Android and Peter Davison.

• The ergon

June 11th, 2021 - 8:25pm

I only bang on about it as ‘the visitation’ is my joint favourite 5th doctor story, alongside androzani elevated more by john savidents comical scenes as the squire. ‘I think its fair to say we are under attack’. Brilliant.

• The ergon

June 11th, 2021 - 8:32pm

Coleman i,d like to think warriors of the deep, greatest show or even the happiness patrol if true, though we can count out ‘the kandyman’ i think. What about you? New series perhaps?

• The ergon

June 11th, 2021 - 8:43pm

Glad its the hartnell doctor. I can miss that one and save those pounds for those b and m figure sets. Daleks, sensorites, voord et al, i,ll be ready and stairfoot bound.

• the ergon

June 11th, 2021 - 9:10pm

Maybe they could complete pyramids with the sarcophagus, a mummy and a different sutekh variation. Preferably the one with the smoking feet to complete that story. Or how about from ‘The Five doctors’ or ‘The trial of a timelord’. You,ve really got me thinking now coleman.

• the ergon

June 11th, 2021 - 9:21pm

Anonymous. I hope you,re onto something with those three choices. How cool would that be?

June 11th, 2021 - 10:01pm

In think it’ll definitely be classic figures ergon. The new series doesn’t seem to sell has well for Harrops. The last new series figure they did was the sycorax which was around for months before selling out. Even Booboo mentioned that Harrops had found their audience with the Classic stuff. Would be funny if it turned out to be Omega, 5th Doctor and you guessed it the Ergon!

June 11th, 2021 - 10:20pm

The Greatest show you mentioned could be a possibility, theirs plenty of Characters from that episode to make three figurines. If the “Gods” were made as just one figurine. Maybe a Chief Clown and the bus conductor could be added. (I quite like the half buried robot). In future I wonder if companions are totally out of the question from Harrops)?

June 11th, 2021 - 10:28pm

It’s just come to me who the Kerblam men reminded me of.
      The bus conductor from TGSITGalaxy

June 11th, 2021 - 10:39pm

Would love A destroyer of worlds with Morgana and the 7th Doctor.

• The ergon

June 12th, 2021 - 12:49am

Maybe colin and peters eras need a little more representation. They could easily pluck three enemies from trial. Drathro, sil and a vervoid which has been mooted as a possibility. Greatest show i,d like them to do but i am biased as its my joint seventh doctor favourite with curse which is now slightly covered. They could do companion pieces but like doctors i wouldn,t be interested as the style wouldn,t be to my taste. Are you purchasing big chiefs lifelike master and troll doll. I might make my first purchase for that alone. Regret not getting the matt and clara which are sold out and unsurprisingly i noticed you have on your shelves with capaldi. I bet they require dusting regulary on their stands being material.

June 12th, 2021 - 11:38am

Yes dustings a nightmare ergon. Keep upstairs windows closed most of the time so only dust about every six months. (Still takes awhile though). Only ones I havnt on pre-order at the moment, funnily enough is the Master and Captain Jack. (Purely money issues). Would love them one day. Keep getting regular updates on my Big Chief 3rd and 13th Doctors, apparently production is finally finished and are shipping from China end of this month. (I’ll post photos on their shelf’s when they finally arrive.) I’ve also Tom and Colin and K9 on pre-order, but their way off yet.

June 12th, 2021 - 5:43pm

I hope the 3 figurines Harrops are making from the same episode does include another Doctor.
      It’s time they made a concerted effort to make at least all of the Classic Doctors if not all of the Doctors soon.

• Simon Smalley

April 26th, 2021 - 2:28pm

225. Really.

April 21st, 2021 - 5:30pm

The Yeti has a fixed release date of 30th April and the edition size is 225.
    Could be a wise choice considering how quick the Axon creature sold out.

• Simon Smalley

April 26th, 2021 - 2:12pm

225. Really.

• Robbie Martin

April 7th, 2021 - 2:38pm

How big are they

April 7th, 2021 - 11:23am

Seems like we’re getting another Doctor, to be announced shortly.
    It’s been along time since their last Doctor.

• Bicky

April 7th, 2021 - 12:11pm

Yes, Harrop’s have said there will be an announcement about a new Doctor figurine shortly- I think it’s William Hartnell!

April 7th, 2021 - 12:27pm

I mentioned on Facebook that it should be the 13th since she’s the current Doctor.
      Bit odd if not.

• the ergon

April 7th, 2021 - 12:33pm

That would allow me a break to save for the monsters. Seems odd they haven,t done one in a while though for those that want the Doctors.

• Who Knows

April 7th, 2021 - 1:35pm

It will likely be the 1st Doctor . . .

• Toyman

April 20th, 2021 - 8:22am

@annonymous…… Yeah, its only a bit odd if they did make the “Cosplay Doctor”. They want to make money so it definitely won’t be her it’ll be a classic doctor!

April 20th, 2021 - 9:52am

Harrops have found their market, i doubt we will see anything “new series” from them for some time, if ever.

• Doctor Mysterio

April 6th, 2021 - 7:31pm

Wow these are good. Get them quick!

April 6th, 2021 - 3:54pm

awesome stuff

• Lets do Knitting

April 6th, 2021 - 3:54pm

Ancient One looks like one of the best