April 5th, 2024 16 comments

We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.

Hachett Part Works Build Your Own 1:2 Dalek Issue 4 (Test)

This item is currently only available in test areas as is common with this type of release usually with an initial 4 issues. A full product launch if given the go-ahead maybe some way off.

You can see full information on this product at www.dalek.hachettepartworks.com

Build your own 1:2 scale replica of The Dalek

Ruthless mechanical soldiers devoid of emotion, Daleks are without doubt the most dangerous species in the universe. Own a piece of television history with this highly-detailed scale replica modelled on the 2005 ‘Time War Dalek’.

Categorised under: Hachett Partworks, Magazine

Adverts/Affiliates

• anon

May 21st, 2024 - 7:17pm

Sadly, I don’t think this is happening. I attempted to subscribe through the Hachette Dalek Website & it re-directs to the Hachette Main Site. Unfortunately once there it has no listing for the Dalek to subscribe to. In fact there is no mention of it at all. According to the Dalek Website subscription for the first few issues (and gifts) ends on the 7th. July.

May 21st, 2024 - 7:20pm

some people i think had 3 issues, some non at all, it might be they are trying to judge it on shop sales alone now who knows.

• anon

May 22nd, 2024 - 8:31pm

Interestingly the Dalek Website has now gone & just has a holding page for email Sign Ups? Looks like it maybe going ahead after all?

• john neilus

May 19th, 2024 - 8:28am

I order this from my local newsagent got the first 3 issues. Now they tell me it is cancelled 🙁
    I am sad as i was looking forward to this ( I LOVE DR WHO )

• James

May 14th, 2024 - 10:44am

Anyone know if the trial has been a success?
    I couldn’t find it in my area so, assuming I’m not in one of the trial areas. Subscribed online over a month ago though and received no email confirmation. However, today I got an email from Royal Mail that my parcel from Hachette Partworks is being delivered tomorrow. So, does this mean that it has passed the trial and being released for everyone now?

May 14th, 2024 - 11:11am

nothing has been said yet, you should get the 4 issues than that’s it until its given the go-ahead, that can be a while.

• Tommotto25

May 14th, 2024 - 2:04pm

Same here, subscribed nearly 8 weeks ago and got an email today saying the delivery is arriving tomorrow by Royal Mail. Fingers crossed it’s the first 4 issues but I swear it’s only the first 2.

• James

May 17th, 2024 - 2:04pm

I subscribed online and got a notification of a delivery, but no magazines arrived. It was just a letter stating that it was a trial run and I’ll be among the first to be notified if it has a nationwide launch. Also got a free gift which was a pen. So looks like people who subscribed online won’t even get the 4 trial issues, but were just to gage interest.

• Jimbob

April 13th, 2024 - 10:59pm

This is only a 4 issue trial.

• Steve

April 12th, 2024 - 6:08pm

I would like the see the first few issues if they turn up in WHSmith, when the price is cheaper, just to get a taste of it and see a few of the parts. I wouldn’t continue after that though. The only Dalek part work mag I would subscribe to is if they had individual little Daleks in each issue, in style of the Dalek issues of the Eaglemoss Doctor Who collection.

• Remembrance of The Daleks

April 11th, 2024 - 12:00am

Shame is a new series Dalek and not a Classic Dalek

• bbb

April 8th, 2024 - 11:26pm

and if they cancel it half way through you end up with a lot of plastic

• anon

April 9th, 2024 - 12:53pm

You & me both!

• F D R

April 8th, 2024 - 1:08pm

it will cost about £1600-1700 to complete for that amount i would want a fully functioning terry nation

• Joe 90

April 8th, 2024 - 9:24pm

This Planet Earth have full-size new series Daleks for £3995 or £3895 for Classic Daleks so seems better value than this part- works.

Part works is split over 140 issues, so nearly 3 years to complete.

Normally their previous part-work builds of The Terminator and Alien have been 100 issues

• Charlie

April 9th, 2024 - 2:29pm

This is presuming the issue price remains constant over those years which too is unlikely, so probably north of £2,000 to complete.