January 28th, 2021 64 comments

Figurine Collection Magazine Special 27 The Statue of Liberty

Available to order from www.forbiddenplanet.com

The Statue of Liberty was transformed into a Weeping Angel in Doctor Who’s “The Angels Take Manhattan,” and now you can add this chilling symbol of American values to your Doctor Who collection with Eaglemoss’s latest special.

Categorised under: Doctor Who Figurine Collection, Featured, Magazine

• the ergon

April 18th, 2021 - 11:02pm

Cleanerbot Vs The Gods of Ragnarok for next special. Fight!.

April 3rd, 2021 - 6:31pm

Does anyone know if this is being automatically ordered for subscribers like the other specials. I got an email from EM advertising the release but it didn’t have the usual scribe about the money automatically being taken for subscribers.

• Arcadia resident

March 21st, 2021 - 12:58am

Just looked and I noticed this was £34.99….how big is this special….does it warrant to be nearly double the price of a normal special…..or is it something just a little bit special?

• daz

March 21st, 2021 - 2:37pm

It’s 17cm tall

• Crosby

March 26th, 2021 - 1:42pm

Actually it’s £25.99

March 26th, 2021 - 1:48pm

they altered the price, it was put up for £34.99 originally

• Doctor Thirteenth

April 10th, 2021 - 10:20pm

It’s £25.99 £24.99 for subscribers

• Doctor Thirteenth

March 17th, 2021 - 2:26am

This should’ve been a mega edition and the mega weeping angel a special

• THE BLACK GUARDIAN

January 27th, 2021 - 7:08am

Any chance of getting the Domed Capitol City of Gallifrey as a Special Edition?

A 25” version of this would be a perfect cap for this great series of figurines.

• Michael Watson

January 27th, 2021 - 6:26pm

I would like a domed model of Gallifrey but couldn’t accommodate one 25″ – maybe between 8 ” and 12″?

January 27th, 2021 - 7:19pm

always thought it would make a nice snow globe

• Mark

January 29th, 2021 - 8:15am

I wholeheartedly agree with you, now this would be something amazing, the home of the Time Lords in your man cave

• The Fishmonger

January 30th, 2021 - 8:59pm

That’s an amazing idea Booboo

January 24th, 2021 - 3:51am

Big fan of this I wonder if we could get a Macra as a special?

• TimelordTim

January 24th, 2021 - 9:40am

I like the idea of a Macra. I don’t collect the Eaglemoss figures, but I did get the Beast to go with my Character Options collection. It was the only way of getting one of my favourites and the quality is excellent on these larger ones. A Macra would fit that description for me as well.

• JL

January 24th, 2021 - 11:24am

Would love to see a Drashig, Fendahl, Axon and Krynoid creatures, Mara, Myrka, Cleaner and a Saturnyne along with that Macra are top of my list for future releases, also think a Rill would be amazing! And I think a Racnoss is a popular request by a lot of people

Wonder if we’d ever get any more tardis exteriors as specials, think a separate line of them would compliment the consoles line nicely

January 24th, 2021 - 9:06pm

I am aware that are certain rights issues some merchandise companies have run into with exteriors in recent years, specifically anything with the St John’s Ambulance logo on it.

• The Flying Shark

January 27th, 2021 - 12:51pm

My most wanted specials are the Lazarus Monster and the Vespiform!

• Arcadia resident

January 22nd, 2021 - 5:19pm

Just knew this would happen. I predicted this before the mega davros

• the ergon

January 22nd, 2021 - 7:33pm

Can you look in your crystal Ball and tell us what the next three companion sets are and what the 200th Issue will be please?

• Arcadia resident

January 23rd, 2021 - 12:19am

This would have been better as a mega

• Arcadia resident

January 23rd, 2021 - 12:31am

200 I reckon could be a cyberlord or 12 in davros chair
      Companion set could be 12 with strax Jenny and Madame vastra
      10 with rose Mickey and jackie
      11 with Rory Amy and river song
      My predictions

• The Werewolf

January 23rd, 2021 - 2:10am

If by “Cyber Lord” you mean the Cyber Leader from “The Next Doctor” it has already been released.

• Sam

January 23rd, 2021 - 2:23am

I would for sure hop back in the get 12 in the Davros chair, would make a great Character Options figure too 🙂

• Neil Corry

January 23rd, 2021 - 5:33am

Arcadia is very nearly correct with just one thing mentioned. Nothing else, sadly.

• the ergon

January 23rd, 2021 - 9:20am

I,m definitely up for The paternoster gang set.

• daz

January 23rd, 2021 - 10:33am

Sam. I see 12th in Davros chair as a Rare Dalek or in a companion set with Clara.

The Ergon. I’d love that to be a Character 5 inch online exclusive set as I don’t collect the Eaglemoss companion sets.

• Jason Z

January 23rd, 2021 - 1:52pm

Werewolf – the one from The Next Doctor is the Cyber King. I think Arcadia Resident meant the Cyber Masters from Timeless Children.

• Sam

January 23rd, 2021 - 3:38pm

Daz- is there a way to get the rare Daleks if you aren’t a subscriber? If it a companion n set I’d pick it up in a heart beat, love Clara’s outfit in that episode too.

• Mrs Croot

January 23rd, 2021 - 4:44pm

Sam, if there is some leftover stock, they rarely put it on thir website, but unlikely you could get them from anywhere other than subscribing or ebay.

• Doctor Stu

January 23rd, 2021 - 5:59pm

I’m assuming his near correct guess was the ‘cyberlord’ which is actually called a cyber master

• daz

January 23rd, 2021 - 8:28pm

Sam. They have started selling some Rare Daleks on the Eaglemoss shop. As with the collection nearing it’s end you can’t get a Premium Subscription now.

If you use facebook I recommend following the ‘Doctor Who Figurine Collection Group’ as we tend to post when Rare figurines appear on the shop.

If I see any and you aren’t on facebook I will post in the questions section here.

• Sam

January 23rd, 2021 - 9:46pm

Daz- I do have Facebook, I’ll take a look at that page now. Very kind of you, much appreciated 🙂

• Arcadia resident

January 24th, 2021 - 5:19am

If nearly correct with one of the predictions I would say it would be 11 not 12 with strax Madame vastra and Jenny or river

• Arcadia resident

January 24th, 2021 - 5:19am

January 24th, 2021 - 10:01am

I hope they happen

• Sam

January 24th, 2021 - 10:42am

12 with shade and guitar with a series 9 Clara would work if it isn’t 12 in Davros chair with a Clara (maybe with a Missy either way too)

January 24th, 2021 - 4:50pm

Werewolf I think he meant the cyber-lord from a good man goes to war with the gun

• Jamie

January 22nd, 2021 - 3:39pm

Haha yes! Excellent!

• Judooning

January 22nd, 2021 - 3:06pm

I feel like Booboo may have had an influence on this one being created haha…I know he’s mentioned a couple times it was a top figurine he wanted

• Mrs Croot

January 22nd, 2021 - 1:40pm

Figure doesn’t look bad, I just hate the concept, as there is no way for it to make sense! I like the rest of the story though.

January 22nd, 2021 - 3:02pm

Don’t worry about it making sense! It looked great.

• the ergon

January 22nd, 2021 - 4:47pm

Some of Whos greatest ideas never relied too much on sense. It was Suddenly there, in your face and i didn,t give a thought to how the hell it got there. I love Angels in Manhattan.

• Doctor Stu

January 22nd, 2021 - 8:39pm

The episode is so good overall but this thing is just a huge blip that takes you out of it. It’s embarrassing and makes you think ‘oh god why?’ XD

• the ergon

January 23rd, 2021 - 9:19am

The only ‘Blip’ being it made such a Big entrance in that opening scene and they didn,t run with it. They should have used it later in the episode where it could have had more of an impact and imposed a bigger threat.

• Mrs Croot

January 23rd, 2021 - 11:03am

It’s only purpose seems to be stopping people escaping from Winter Quay, but it’s so big and seeing no one is looking at it, it could have done more than stoppping 3 people from escaping from what we saw onscreen.

• Doctor Stu

January 23rd, 2021 - 12:02pm

Its even heard stomping, and then the stomping stops presumably because it’s been seen and can’t move anymore. But then it starts stomping again which suggests everyone in shock over lady Liberty appearing in the middle of the city all turned away so it could carry on its journey to winter quay. Then there’s the fact that the Statue of Liberty is nowhere near that big, not even made of stone and is one of the worlds most photographed landmarks.

• Neil Corry

January 23rd, 2021 - 5:37pm

You go to New York. Weeping Angels are statues. You see what’s probably the most famous statue in the world. You turn the Statue of Liberty into a Weeping Angel because otherwise would you ever hear the end of it?

• Romana 3

January 25th, 2021 - 9:16pm

My Head canon is that it was actually some sort of projection or virtual thing, that could only be seen if one was standing on the roof or Winter Quay. It was set up by the Angels to distract people, so they wouldn’t look at the real angels and to intimidate people. This also explains away why it didn’t actually do anything; it was just an illusion. As for the stomping noises, I’m sure the Angels have figured out how to work sound speakers…

• JL

January 22nd, 2021 - 1:17pm

YEEEEES, HAD BEEN HOPING FOR THIS FOR A WHILE

• Dalekz

January 22nd, 2021 - 12:47pm

Not creepy, not creepy at all…this might have to be kept in a dark cupboard at night.

• the ergon

January 22nd, 2021 - 12:39pm

I cant wait to see the final Image.I,ve been saying this should have been a special for ages Booboo. Thanks for this and the fifth companion set neil. Hope there are more variants of the fifth doctors companions in future. And all the others. Can we get Mel in her Polka dot outfit in time for the season 24 Release do you think?

January 22nd, 2021 - 12:45pm

yes was top of my list for a special

• the ergon

January 22nd, 2021 - 12:58pm

I,m going to put forward a couple of suggestions for the next Special: Paradise Towers cleaner or The Gods of Ragnarok. also someone has already mentioned this, but will this be released as a Mega in Future?

• JL

January 22nd, 2021 - 1:24pm

I honestly think this would suit a mega release!!

January 22nd, 2021 - 1:27pm

i have got to be honest , i dont think it would sell enough at the price of a mega, as a special yes, i can see non figurine collectors buying this just for the hell of it.

• Neil Corry

January 23rd, 2021 - 5:42am

I can confirm this is indeed all Booboo’s doing.

Little bits of tricky little stuff to wrangle though on this. The figurine is quite tall at somewhere around 180mm

• the ergon

January 23rd, 2021 - 9:58am

TBH i imagined the release similar to a Large head bust.

• daz

January 23rd, 2021 - 10:37am

So glad this one is coming. Especially as I was in New York in 2007 too.

Neil… God’s of Ragnorok, Dalek Shuttlecraft from ROTD and The Great Healer Davros too please.

• the ergon

January 23rd, 2021 - 1:31pm

I,m sure he said the Great Healer Davros might be difficult to achieve but i can,t see how if they could use a long clear plastic tube to encase the head part.

January 22nd, 2021 - 12:30pm

Brilliant

• Doctor Stu

January 22nd, 2021 - 11:59am

Ah yes the Moffat creation that doesn’t make a single ounce of sense

• 1

January 22nd, 2021 - 11:57am

OMG!!

• prototype dalek

January 22nd, 2021 - 11:57am

Nice cool addition, wonder what the scale will be?