July 14th, 2020 27 comments

Figurine Collection Magazine Mega Genesis Dalek Special Figurine #6

Available to order from < from www.shop.eaglemoss.com

Use our code WHOS12 on your basket page for 12% off

Also available to order from www.forbiddenplanet.com

The Daleks were created by leading Kaled scientist Davros to end the war between the Kaleds and the Thals and take power, but he was seemingly killed by his own creation. The Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker) is sent to Skaro to alter the development of the Daleks or, if he can’t, to destroy them. If the Doctor can’t give the Daleks a conscience, will he rid the universe of their terror?

On Skaro, two races were fighting a generations-long war – the warrior race the Thals and a race of philosophers and teachers called the Kaleds. In an effort to end the war and house mutated Kaleds, their leading scientist and megalomaniac Davros believes that through his creations, the “Mark III travel machines” or “Daleks”, he can become the supreme being and ruler of the Universe. He uses them to arrange the extinction of his own people and the Thals, but the Daleks ultimately turn on Davros, killing his supporters and shooting him.

The figurine shows the Daleks as they appear in the 1975 adventure Genesis of the Daleks, recreated in die-cast metal as official hand-painted models. The model is accompanied by an in-depth profile magazine, including concept art and interviews about the evolution of the Doctor Who villains.

Categorised under: Doctor Who Figurine Collection, Magazine

• ANDREW TOWNSEND

August 9th, 2020 - 8:54pm

Has anyone asked Neil about the mesh and the missing slat above the gun and box? Is that picture just an early picture of it?

• Crosby

July 29th, 2020 - 12:25am

And no mega figurine 7 a weeping Angel with face hidden by hands

• Andrew Townsend

July 20th, 2020 - 5:40am

Slat and mesh needed and a little bit smaller eye. Just like on the magazine on the front.

• Ricky

July 26th, 2020 - 8:29pm

Does anyone have any updated pictures of this , with a missing slat I can’t believe that’s the final version, if it is that’s one hell of a blunder on a figure that is supposed to be an accurate depiction, especially at the asking price.

• Dav McKenzie

July 17th, 2020 - 1:42am

Ouch! The price has sky rocketed from £84.99 to £109.99

I’m glad I got mine before the hike.

• Doug Who

July 18th, 2020 - 8:26pm

Ouch indeed!

Had both the earlier Mega Daleks in my basket all ready to take advantage of their offer but with that sudden price hike they’re out of the basket again!

Well done for getting an early order in Dav.

• Oscar Denman

July 16th, 2020 - 5:36pm

The price tag though, I just can’t see a justification. If it were 100%, screen used level of accuracy, then I would happily pay anything they wanted. But no, not for this. There are better fan models out there for the same price. Sorry guys.

• Colin the 3rd

July 16th, 2020 - 5:58pm

can you tell me where i can buy these better fan made ones?

• dave

July 16th, 2020 - 8:22pm

Defending EagleMoss. I have been a keen collector of these figurines since they started. Yes, they do have their problems. But I know of no other company, that has produced this number of characters from the Doctor Who series and at this price? With even moor on the way. I hope to see them go past 200, but we will have to wait and see. I for one am happy with this product

• Martino

July 20th, 2020 - 6:20pm

I’ve had two Product Enterprise R/C Daleks serving as static (posable) models for years, and they seem to have the exact same level of detail as this. I just can’t think of any reason to add this Mega to my collection, at this price. It’s nice, but not that nice.

• NickD

July 16th, 2020 - 12:53pm

It’s very nice, hopefully just a prototype! It’s nowhere near as good as the ones Titan made about 2012-15. They need both neck mesh and slat shoulder mesh sculpted detail at this sort of scale. Heck even the cloverleaf neck rods would be great.

• Dave

July 15th, 2020 - 2:12pm

Is there any way of purchasing from EagleMoss, individual blue boxes? Because I would like to separate the figurines that come as a pair. It doesn’t matter which Doctor is on the back.

• Gareth Pugh

July 14th, 2020 - 3:07pm

Right now Eaglemoss’s site won’t let me checkout (on my Mac or on my iPhone browser) – it keeps saying ‘Shipping Method not selected’ – when I have. Will keep trying.

• Gareth Pugh

July 14th, 2020 - 4:35pm

Worked eventually after several tries 🙂

• Martino

July 14th, 2020 - 2:28pm

I think it’s the eye which makes the figure look ‘wrong’ – it looks like it’s just taken a banned substance! Looks like it has about the same level of detail as the Product Enterprise 12″ Genesis Dalek of 20 years ago (and possibly more expensive?)

• Martino

June 23rd, 2020 - 11:56am

I hope that’s not the finished product, I can’t put my finger on it but it’s not quite right. Would hope to see a detailed Remembrance or Resurrection Dalek before yet another Genesis, but hopefully this will find a market.

July 2nd, 2020 - 3:20am

They need some mesh effect on the ‘neck’ section .

• Alvin Amey

July 7th, 2020 - 8:17am

I wonder why the dalek has a missing slat (above gunstick),

• Ricky

July 15th, 2020 - 1:32pm

If that is the final design, that missing collar slat is a deal breaker for me , surely it can’t go into production with a major fault such as that? Maybe Neil could shed some light on this?
      The megas are great otherwise.

• Crosby

June 20th, 2020 - 12:05pm

Why does it have the US dollars price and not the UK pound price

June 20th, 2020 - 1:33pm

previews is a USA site

• john hogg

June 19th, 2020 - 9:09pm

creeping up in price though which is a shame

• Mrs Croot

June 19th, 2020 - 2:06pm

Is there much exclusive stuff in the MEGA figures’ magazines?

• Gareth Pugh

June 19th, 2020 - 8:58pm

Well, it depends what you mean by ‘exclusive stuff’. They don’t recycle or reprint articles from previous regular issues. That said, much of what the mags feature (and they are often especially nicely designed and a bit more of a dense read than the fortnightly issues) is the kind of stuff you may have read before (as I say, story summaries etc.) Worth having though. Weirdly, with the 5th Mega (Davros, last year) the size of the magazine dropped from sort-of A4 (weirdly they were about 1cm less ‘tall’ than the regular issues, buts same width, so they only just manage to stay held in the folders), to A5.
      Oh and thinking about it, they did use the exact same Mag for the Mega K9 as for the 1:21 scale K9 issue. They came out at pretty much the same time so it made sense, I guess.

• Arcadia Resident…

June 19th, 2020 - 1:24pm

Want one or maybe two…

• Gareth Pugh

June 19th, 2020 - 1:24pm

I thought they might do this one – the 20pp magazines that came with the first 2 Mega Daleks contain a sort of potted story guide to each of their TV outings – the 1963 Dalek’s mag featured all the 1960s Dalek stories, and the modern RTD bronze Dalek’s one covered from the 2005 return onwards – the 1970s have not had the same treatment yet so I’m guessing that will be in this one… Looks great. Don’t know why, but there is something particularly menacing about the darker filing-cabinet grey Daleks from this story

June 19th, 2020 - 11:44am