October 20th, 2020 13 comments

Coleman’s Collection Including kandyman Custom

Categorised under: Collections

November 28th, 2020 - 10:31am

There are some great steelbook protectors you can buy made of plastic. Better than the bag ones, worth investing in! Love the lot though

November 28th, 2020 - 10:40am

Thanks, I’ll look into the dvd protectors.
      Only started using them because the cardboard sleeves damage so easily.
      (Damaged a few in the past).

November 21st, 2020 - 4:08pm

Hello Ergon,
    A scaled down version to match the Eaglemoss stuff would be the only other figure I’d be interested in doing. Only just finished sculpting so it hasn’t been baked yet. Was intending to put it on a round clay base to match the Harrops figures. Couple of days ago managed to get some pure white FIMO clay for this purpose.
    Won’t be long now before I’ll be trying the Bansley B&M store for the new CO sets.
    BooBoo, if ive double posted similar message, will you delete it. Having trouble with signal again, thanks.

November 20th, 2020 - 4:57pm

Rather impressed with that Kandyman, be sure to send some painted pictures in

November 20th, 2020 - 5:25pm

Thanks BooBoo,
      1st time Ive ever sculpted with polymer clay aswell.
      Thought I’d give it ago, because of Ergon and Doug who having a conversation on here awhile back saying they’d done a few customs in clay.
      So I thought I’d give it a bash.
      Will show painted photos eventually but ill have to buy some acrylics (only got enamels at the moment).

• the ergon

November 20th, 2020 - 1:54pm

In that line up of four its like sutekhs thinking ‘ How come i,ve been pushed to the back of the queue?’

• the 14th doctor

November 20th, 2020 - 1:36pm

great collection

November 20th, 2020 - 4:43pm

Thanks for commenting.

• the ergon

November 20th, 2020 - 1:27pm

You,ve done a really decent job there coleman. If not better than the ones the guy on the figurine collection did who was charging £30 for the miniature figurines. i have had to start from scratch as the clay i was using wasn,t quite right, so i,ve opted for the premo stuff. I didn,t want to bake but for better results it seems thats my only option. I,m going to make a few before i mould and then paint. What acrylics are you using? I,m sticking with matte as i,m sticking to the smaller 1:21 scale and the hands are slightly trickier than the full scale Harrop-a-like you have chosen to do .I,d like to see the finished product when its complete. Your patience has paid off. Well done.

• the ergon

November 20th, 2020 - 1:28pm

P.s -Whats next on your clay sculpting agenda?

November 20th, 2020 - 4:41pm

Thanks for commenting Ergon. Not certain I’ll make anymore (at the moment at least).
      Love kandyman, one of my all time favourite Dr who Characters. Due to the copyright issues, don’t think any company’s going to make him and I had to have one in my collection, so I thought making him myself was the only way to have one. Hoping all the other figures I’d like to own are made by one of the big company’s so I don’t have to make anymore.
      Going to use Humbrol acrylics, always used there enamels for other projects I’ve done and never had any complaints. Was going for a satin look, (not gloss not Matt somewhere inbetween), but looking at colours available, might have to settle for Matt finish.

November 20th, 2020 - 5:49pm

It was tricky doing the Robert Harrop scale, but I’d need alot more practice to do the Eaglemoss scale like your doing.
      Must be ultra tricky doing hands, head beads and so on in that scale.

• the ergon

November 21st, 2020 - 12:19pm

Like you wouldn,t believe. The headpart is the worst. the tiniest headbeads and all the other details including the face attachment and the painting of the spinning eyes. I just want one to go with the seventh figurines. The only Happiness patrol additions Eaglemoss could get the copyright for to acknowledge this story would be one of the Patrol, Helen A and Fifi or one of the underground Dwellers. Would they even bother with Melted Kandyman? (Unlikely, If they couldn,t do the real thing). That would be like producing ‘Destroyed Cassandra’ that ‘Character’ made and that didn,t shift so well on the shelves as i remember. Harrop and Eaglemoss have said they would love to do the Kandyman but its not likely to ever happen as you say. Your version is a triumph and i,m sure it must be a relief its almost done and turned out so well and matches with the others in the collection. Can,t wait to see the painted version. Are you going to round off the plinth like Harrop? and would you attempt a downscaled version if you have any spare clay to go alongside your eaglemoss collection?