June 1st, 2021 65 comments

Hero Collector / Eaglemoss Doctor Who Advent Calendar

Available to order in the UK from www.shop.eaglemoss.com

Available to order in the USA from www.shop.eaglemoss.com/us

A must-have seasonal treat for any Doctor Who fan, discover the Doctor Who TARDIS Advent Calendar!

Celebrate every day of the holiday season in true Doctor Who style, with this spectacular advent calendar! Designed in the shape of the Doctor’s iconic blue time machine, the TARDIS, this luxury cube calendar is absolutely stuffed with 24 high-quality festive gifts and accessories from across time and space, such as a keyring shaped like a TARDIS key, gorgeous coasters with artwork inspired by famous Doctor Who episodes, and even heat-ray warm Dalek socks!

By fans, for fans – each day’s gift comes with a festive note detailing the story and trivia behind it, both wrapped together in branded tissue paper.

The Doctor Who TARDIS Advent Calendar is the perfect pre-Christmas gift for any Doctor Who fan – so packed with presents, it must be bigger on the inside!

Categorised under: Christmas, Seasonal

June 3rd, 2021 - 5:12pm

Was looking forward to getting this but with a £99 price tag I won’t be getting it anymore. A real shame as I think this would have sold very well, but I don’t think many will get it now with that price tag.

June 3rd, 2021 - 5:21pm

its actually cheaper than i thought it might be

• The ergon

June 3rd, 2021 - 11:54pm

At the very least i,d like to know there is an exclusive figurine in there. I didn,t need to know about any of the other novelty stuff. Count me in if thats the case. I can start putting money aside then. Otherwise no.

• The ergon

June 4th, 2021 - 12:23am

Its been mentioned no figurine. If thats the case its a no from me.

• Andrew

June 3rd, 2021 - 3:29pm

More details have been released on contents which include Sontaran Egg Cup, Dalek bottle opened, Tardis keyring and a set of coasters. Looks good but at £99.99 think it’s got a limited audience

June 3rd, 2021 - 3:35pm

i know, would help with all the PR if you could actually order the thing, not keen on revealing some of the contents to be honest

June 3rd, 2021 - 6:01pm

The problem I see with this is Eaglemoss’ quality control which we know from previous experience/posts that it isn’t great.
      For the price I for one would want all 24 items in the boxes as well as the Tardis itself to be in a saleable high quality condition and you won’t know for certain until all 24 daily “presents” have been opened. No idea what happens if a couple of items are damaged or not in good condition – doubt Eaglemoss will replace individual items or the whole thing after 24/12 if time as elapsed since it was bought and checking every item in the boxes before the date defeats the whole idea of the Advent Calendar!
      Do like the Sontaran eggcup.

June 3rd, 2021 - 6:18pm

Depends on your experience, i have never had an issue with anything from day one other than the 4th Doctor secondary console which was widespread and i believe neither have the vast majority of people. I have bought everything. I will order this with my usual confidence.

• Izza Jane C Pe Benito

May 20th, 2021 - 1:56pm

I Like This Doctor Who Advent Calendar
    Hero Collector Is Beautiful 13th Doctor’s TARDIS Console Room Monthly Box will really imagine me. I Love it!

• Crosby

May 10th, 2021 - 2:12am

I’m definitely interested in this advent calendar all three to be fair

May 10th, 2021 - 11:17am

Yes, ever since Booboo put up the photos, I’ve had my eye on the Beatles calendar, I’m a big Beatles fan aswell. Didn’t like mentioning the calendar though since it’s a Dr Who site.
      ( But ah well)

• Coleman.

May 10th, 2021 - 11:26am

To be fair i like StarTrek aswell, so like you Crosby I’m interested in all three.
      Going a bit off tangent again but I’ve liked William Shatner ever since his Startrek days.
      Funnily enough I’m recording T J Hooker now to watch tonight. It’s on weekdays at 11.00.
      (Think it’s CBS action)

• Doug Who

May 8th, 2021 - 11:35am

Looks very interesting. Does anyone know roughly how much similar ones retail for?

It occurred to me maybe some of those ‘Doctor and Enemy’ pins might be held over for this. Be nice to know if not exactly what is in there the kind of things to expect.

May 8th, 2021 - 11:59am

varies hugely £20 for stuff like lego or Playmobil, those tend to build up a diorama or including things that go with each other but are all small items, up to £150 for high end stuff, Think this will need to be mass market so they cant pitch the price to high.

May 8th, 2021 - 12:02pm

Hello Doug glad you commented. Been meaning to ask you, do you comment on any StarWars sites as well as Dr Who. There’s a regular poster on Jedi Temple Archives amongst other sites called Doug. Just wondering if it was you?

• Doug Who

May 8th, 2021 - 12:42pm

Yes Booboo I’m hopeful because it is pitched to a mass market, not limited, it will be not over the fifty quid mark, although I’m sure even that would put it put of the reach of many. Could be a bargain in the January sales too!

Hi Coleman, no this is the only site I comment on. I’m not a fan of Star Wars…never have been.

May 8th, 2021 - 1:01pm

I’m looking forward to seeing what this is, also BBC studio have a new licencing manager who’s job it is to expand the Doctor Who portfolio (and other BBC shows) so hopefully we can look forward to more diverse merchandise like this.

• Mrs Croot

May 8th, 2021 - 12:48pm

What happened with the Doctor and Enemy pins, why did that guy randomly get them?

• the ergon

May 8th, 2021 - 10:35am

A personalised christmas card from one of the Doctors on the 19th or william Harnell wishing us all a merry christmas to all of us at home?

• the ergon

May 8th, 2021 - 12:59pm

I,d be a little disappointed if the 24th wasn,t a figurine but that all depends on price. They should maybe have put the big item if it is indeed a figurine for the 25th. A special present for Xmas day, but no doubt people wouldnt wait and spoil the surprise anyway and post images. Unless the gift is varied but then again…

May 8th, 2021 - 1:05pm

i’ve noticed many calendars like this stop on the 24th where as we are used to the more traditional chocolate ones ending on the 25th, not sure why that is

May 8th, 2021 - 9:01pm

Traditionally the religious period of Advent ends on the 24th, although I agree a Christmas Day bonus would always be gratefully received!!

May 8th, 2021 - 10:26am

What is day 19?

May 8th, 2021 - 10:28am

mini calendar?

May 8th, 2021 - 10:29am

Maybe

May 8th, 2021 - 10:48am

Since you open it on the 19th, not sure about that one. Unless it’s a calendar for 2022?

May 8th, 2021 - 5:28pm

I’m guessing it’s a CD/DVD of some sorts? Looks like its a flap?

May 9th, 2021 - 10:59am

Yes that’s a good one, after all Dr who is fairly well known for soundtracks and audio stories.

May 9th, 2021 - 11:05am

according to Ben Robinson no figurines either and they have a big RP company behind these releases as well so they are certainly going for it

May 9th, 2021 - 11:12am

Well Booboo, I think I’m still in, (just). But I should imagine that’s loads of fans lost interest straight away with that one statement?

May 9th, 2021 - 11:47am

Not really, aiming at mass market appeal in an uncatered for market at present to the more casual / impulse buyer who may have little interest in merchandise generally, this used to happen a lot going back to the good old days.

Lets face it if there were an exclusive figurine in this then core figurine only collectors would moan like hell.

May 9th, 2021 - 11:55am

Yes, I see your point about figurine only collectors having to fork out for this to complete the set.
      (They’d be mayhem).

May 8th, 2021 - 10:21am

I can see some one taking one out and the rest fall out

May 8th, 2021 - 10:29am

just hope someone doesn’t reveal all the contents, i would like to go into this not knowing whats it any of them

• Alan Silvester

May 8th, 2021 - 4:47pm

Yes, I had one last year and the contents didn’t stay in the individual compartments. Many fell to the bottom, so it needs to be quite robust to prevent that happening. There were several empty compartments and then several with 2+ pin badges inside!! Also any figurine would need to be held securely in place to prevent damage in transit.

• MJS

May 8th, 2021 - 9:41am

Last year seemed to a year of some high-end advent calendars for lots of products with equally high price tags. I wouldn’t expect this to be cheap.
    It looks great though and intriguing, definitely one to consider!!

May 15th, 2021 - 3:13pm

I should imagine about £40 costwise..

June 3rd, 2021 - 6:36pm

I was interested in this initially, but that dissipated at the cost of a £100. I could stretch to £40 maybe, but this is now off my list.

May 8th, 2021 - 8:35am

I wonder what will be inside if it is Eaglemoss though! 😀

May 8th, 2021 - 9:03am

forget the Eaglemoss bit as in figurines an think more Hero Collector which has many different products, i suspect there is only room for one figurine in this, no 24 if indeed it is a figurine, Killer Christmas tree anyone?

May 8th, 2021 - 9:39am

I see now

• Gareth Pugh

May 8th, 2021 - 10:05am

I’d agree booboo, the door for 24th Dec does look like it might house a figure. I could imagine them giving us a Dalek variant that somehow ties with a Christmas broadcast (perhaps the red-lit version of the ‘Revolution’ new Dalek Drone?) or as you say, a wild card choice like a killer Christmas tree, or the original ‘Christmas Invasion’ Robot Santa with the more 1930s-tinplate-toy effect mask?

May 8th, 2021 - 10:19am

Maybe it’s a robot santa

• Bundy

May 8th, 2021 - 10:28am

Hopefully 24 is a snow covered TARDIS – I really want one of those.

May 8th, 2021 - 10:29am

The box is too small to be a tardis

May 8th, 2021 - 10:45am

Mini Tardis

• Mrs Croot

May 8th, 2021 - 10:44am

What if it’s a new series Dalek, but painted as a dapol Xmas Dalek? God, it wouldn’t happen, but wouldn’t be disapointed if it did happen. Dapol where insane with their varients.

I’m with Booboo on that I want to know more, but at the same time don’t want to know anything, I baisically want a trustworthy guy at Eaglemoss to say it’s good and I’ll think it’s worth it. You see, with something like lego calenders, you know what to expect, and what isn’t spoiled for you on the box is a good suprise, but with this, because it’s new, you do need to know some contents. I would recommend them spoiling day 1, as who’s going to cry over that, just so we get a jist.

• Doctor…Who?

May 8th, 2021 - 11:43am

Maybe exclusive Christmas special chibi badges?

May 8th, 2021 - 4:56pm

I think they’ll definitely be some Chibi badges included. Especially if theirs only one figure in the set.
      Maybe a cookie cutter aswell.

May 8th, 2021 - 8:33am

I’m surprised they’re talking about it now when it’s not even close to being advent, but I guess it’s cool for those who want it! 😀

May 8th, 2021 - 8:59am

not really, toy world is a essentially a retailer trade magazine to let retailers know of upcoming products and many will be putting their Christmas orders in now

May 8th, 2021 - 7:20am

From the article: ‘The great thing about these advent calendars is that you can absolutely guarantee that the content is brand new, and there is stuff in there that will make true fans smile.’

• Khem

May 8th, 2021 - 5:31am

Booboo can you please keep us updated on this as & when – Cheers!

May 8th, 2021 - 9:00am

will do

• Bobby Davros

May 7th, 2021 - 11:27pm

Aspirational? LOL, Who wrote this? An estate agent?

May 7th, 2021 - 11:01pm

Do you think it will be mini eaglemoss figures Inside

• Dalekz

May 7th, 2021 - 10:58pm

That will do

May 7th, 2021 - 10:31pm

At first I thought this was gonna be a figurine advent calendar, then I realised how insanely much that would cost.

• Savo79

May 7th, 2021 - 10:14pm

Depends if the contents are new. If it contains random items from the back catalogue most collectors who would buy it will already have what’s in it. I would think it’d be too expensive to put new stuff in, maybe repaints and variants would make it worth the money.

May 8th, 2021 - 5:01pm

It says in the description above that all the items are new.

• AJ

May 7th, 2021 - 10:01pm

When is it released? Do we know yet?

May 8th, 2021 - 9:01am

much later i would expect, this article is aimed at the trade so i would image October time

• Fox

May 7th, 2021 - 9:51pm

This looks cool, but it’s weird that they’re using the dark S11 interior over the vastly improved (and more widely available) S12 interior.

May 7th, 2021 - 7:27pm