Doctor Who DVD Files Information
This product launches in Australia on the 9th September 2009
Doctor Who DVD Files
This fortnightly partwork magazine by GE Fabbri will build up a unique reference work of Doctor Who.
Each magazine, costing £6.99 ( £5.99 if you subscribe) after part 1 (£1.99 in shops), includes a DVD with two episodes from the new series and will initially run for a 28 issues.
Issue 2 comes with a FREE binder to store your magazines.
Issue 3 comes with seven FREE divider cards to help arrange your pages.
Issue 4 comes with a FREE extra DVD – the classic story ‘The Five Doctors’.
About the DVDs
- Two episodes on each DVD, starting from ‘Rose’ and buliding up chronologically
until the latest adventures.
- Reversible sleeves – you choose which picture to build up issue by issue.
- Episodes are subtitled for the Hard of Hearing.
About the magazine
- A pull-apart-and-file magazine in seven sections that builds into the ultimate reference to Doctor Who.
- Follow the Doctor’s adventures from the very beginning
when he joined the Academy on Gallifrey
- Episode Guides – Story briefs, top facts and fantastic pictures
and insider secrets to go with the stories on each DVD
- Take a closer look at the Doctor’s friends, traveling companions
and those who help to defeat the villains!
- Detailed information about the Doctor’s adversaries – including
some of his greatest foes from the classic series
- The best of Doctor Who’s technology, with amazing cut-away artwork
of spaceships, gadgets and weapons
- Fascinating behind-the-scenes interviews with everyone who makes
Doctor Who so fantastic!
- Finally, in every other issue there is superb artwork based on scenes from
the classic series. See the First Doctor meet the Daleks for the first time and
watch the Fourth Doctor and Sarah Jane battle with the Giant Robot!
Subscribe online and receive
- £1 off each issue
- DVD storage unit
- TV Movie DVD
- Three action figures
To Go to The DVD Files Website Click Here
In the first issue we join Christopher Eccleston’s Ninth Doctor as he meets Rose Tyler in the opening episode of the new series, ‘Rose’ and see how she reacts when he takes her to ‘The End of the World’. Subsequent issues then follow the series through in broadcast order as the Doctor and his companions travel the universe, facing monsters such as the Daleks, Slitheen and Cybermen, and villains such as the Editor and Cassandra, the last ever human. The series will include the very latest episodes, right up to ‘The Next Doctor’. Re-live the adventure! But Doctor Who DVD Files isn’t just about the DVDs.
“Doctor Who DVD Files is something unique – it’s not just a chance to collect every episode of the series since the Doctor’s return, the pull-apart magazine is incredibly ambitious. You get 24 pages every fortnight packed with insider information and specially-commissioned artwork produced by members of the Doctor Who art department. Because of the way it builds up you’ll soon have hundreds of pages of invaluable information,” says GE project manager Ben Robinson. The magazine features never-seen-before photography, exclusive behind-the scenes interviews, episode guides, profiles of monsters, heroes and villains, new artwork showing classic moments from the show’s history and specially created diagrams and cutaways produced by members the Doctor Who art department.