November 23rd, 1963 513 comments

Ask A Question

Please do not leave any spoilers, speculation or information on un-aired episodes or series here. This is for merchandise only.

Any irrelevant posts and posts that have nothing to do with merchandise will be deleted without explanation as will questions we are not prepared to answer.

If you would like to know anything specific about a piece of Doctor Who merchandise, or something related to it please ask here and we will try our best to answer it (or anyone else can who might have a better idea).

Please be patient and wait for an answer. We are not here 24 hours a day. Old comments and posts may be deleted.

We will not answer any questions related to leaked information.

Please keep this section for merchandise questions only. Questions in the main threads (unless it has to do with the article) will be deleted.

There will be a permanent link to this article on the merchandise front page.

Please keep to questions relevant to Doctor Who merchandise. DO NOT leave any personal details such as email addresses (links or just wording ) or attempt to make contact or sell items via the comment boxes.

Categorised under: News, Retail

• The 14th Doctor

March 24th, 2019 - 5:30pm

any news on the next blu ray set?

• The Outcast

March 25th, 2019 - 3:56am

The next one will be Season 10.

• Duncan Parsons

March 25th, 2019 - 8:22am

I’ve read seasons 10,17 & 26 are due at some point this year.

• The 14th doctor

March 25th, 2019 - 10:35am

Do we know when we will get images of season 10?

• Robert Sienicki

March 25th, 2019 - 10:44am

I think it should be sometime next week, around the premiere date of new Doctor Who Magazine.

March 24th, 2019 - 12:44am

If character are making a 2018 tardis team figure set, could they do a 12th doctor boxset with Clara from under the lake by moulding a new head and printing the checked design onto the pvc dress and painting the sleeves and collar yellow on the original oswin figure, a nardole using a curator or Winston Churchill body and a new head, and a pyramid at the end of the world bill using the coat sculpt of the Martha Jones figure for the blue and black coat design bill wears, and the head and legs of the bill figure- I’ve tried to come up with a way to keep costs down by reusing old sculpts apart from the Clara and nardole head sculpts, would character be open to suggestions?

March 24th, 2019 - 1:28pm

Booboo don’t we normally see the b and m summer sets around may?the first images **

March 24th, 2019 - 1:34pm

we don’t have contact anymore so i don’t know when we will see them if ever

• The Outcast

March 24th, 2019 - 2:25pm

Speaking of pictures, weren’t the images for the companions set meant to come this month?

March 24th, 2019 - 4:42pm

nothing in previews world again which they updated Friday

March 25th, 2019 - 12:19am

Is a 12th doctor companion set like this feasible?

March 24th, 2019 - 12:38am

If they ever did new series “collection” boxsets like the season 12 18 and 19 boxsets, could the special feature of series 8-10 be putting the title sequences in sync with the theme

March 24th, 2019 - 12:47pm

Er…

March 22nd, 2019 - 7:32pm

Finished macra now, good fun. Have to say on the strength of the reconstruction alone I think that is a viable way forward in place of animation if that isn’t an option. With that in mind how about a reconstructed crusade soon. Two full episodes two reconstructed, commentary, documentary could be great.

March 24th, 2019 - 5:11pm

They aren’t going to release The Crusade with just reconstructions of the missing two episodes. You’ll be waiting for a Season 2 set for that.

March 24th, 2019 - 7:15pm

In that case they lose out on money. Individual DVDs or nothing for me. Don’t bother with season sets.

• Gordon

March 25th, 2019 - 12:00am

The problem with releasing recons as a main feature on dvd in 2019 I don’t think they could really get away with it. After the disaster of a recon that was underwater menace people will be apprehensive of any recons that is billed as main feature regardless of quality. 2nd of all since then we have animation for power and macra which had a recon as a bonus feature it would be hard to justify paying £10- £15 that is essentially bonus feature quality on the animated releases. Recons are extremely niche . It won’t be a big seller outside the really die hard completionists. Plus there is a percentge of people that won’t buy it because it will be on the Blu Ray sets later on. It’s really only going to work if it was a special feature on something and considering it’s pretty unlikely there will be any more special edition dvds outside of web and uwm and the animated releases won’t have space I can’t see it happening in all honesty. The Blu Ray sets would be perfect for them. They will need a hook for the earlier seasons especially when there is less scope for new extras and it would be perfect hook with an exclusive recon or 2 included. Sure they will lose out in some sales for the dvd but seeing as its a recon and probably won’t be a massive seller anyway I don’t think it would be a huge amount. They would probably gain a few extra sales of the Blu Ray box set which would level things out anyway. Sales of the 3 box sets so far have exceeded expectations so I don’t think the loss of sales would be that damaging to them.

March 25th, 2019 - 11:53am

Oh well, just means I keep my CDs then. The bluray sets are a waste of money as far as I’m concerned.

• Gordon

March 25th, 2019 - 2:48pm

Well that’s your decision and it’s also your loss. You are entitled your opinion that they are a waste of money. However the opinion of the majority of those that have bought and spent money on it has been pretty positive and seen as very much worth the money so other opinions are available

March 25th, 2019 - 3:11pm

Yes that is my opinion but if people want them that’s fine. I’m not saying don’t do them, just that I don’t see any reason to replace between 4 and ten DVDs that I have paid for for the sake of a few extras and picture quality. Nothing wrong with the DVDs. I’ve already bought these on vhs, then DVD a third lot of money for those who can’t afford it is a waste of money. Buy them if you want I have other things to spend my money on.

March 25th, 2019 - 3:13pm

I haven’t bought any of the bluray sets and don’t feel I’ve lost anything at all.

• Robert Sienicki

March 25th, 2019 - 3:55pm

Cause you probably didn’t lost much. Maybe few new documentaries. I am happy that they are releasing the Blu-Ray, probaly most because they finally releasing it in season packs and not as an individual stories. I find it easier to collect that was. The quality of picture isn’t much better than standard DVD apart from those few scenes shot on locations.

If I had DVDs then I wouldn’t bother with Blu-Rays at all.

March 22nd, 2019 - 4:00pm

A friend of mine is heading to the US next month and so I was wondering what US exclusive doctor who merch I should ask them to look out for? Many thanks

March 21st, 2019 - 8:29pm

Now watched colour animation, and narrated reconstruction on macra with all extras bar unnarrated and black and white versions. As I say below the animated version has over two minutes missing from the refreshment scene and the end has the dance sequence removed it ends before the doctor talks about Jamie’s dance and there is no art of them dancing off. The Jamie in the mine sequence is vastly different from the original story. The narrated reconstruction has some missing narration in episode one. The linking narration between medoc being led away after his crawl all over you line and the doctor talking to him is missing. Mind it must have been a fairly hard cut in the original as one scene ends and the doctor starts talking immediately at the beginning of the next. I still enjoyed the story on the animation and it’s probably the one I’d watch (more likely the black and white version) there are some odd choices in the animation, polly doesn’t have her own room, she’s in a dorm with Ben and Jamie’s which makes the action a bit odd. But overall still a great story and very watchable.

• Yogi_Bear

March 21st, 2019 - 9:04pm

So do the Macra resemble the rginal Troughton version or are they the cgi Tennant version ?

March 21st, 2019 - 9:12pm

Original, but less cumbersome

March 22nd, 2019 - 12:22am

Was talking to a friend earlier who has their copy ordered from Amazon and hasn’t received it yet. She was asking if it was edited and different and I said think about it like day of the daleks. In the case of macra, the reconstructed episodes are the original story like with day, the animated version is the special edition version like the day of the daleks new version was.

March 22nd, 2019 - 2:44pm

Black and white version is great. Think I prefer it to the colour version

March 25th, 2019 - 2:14pm

Do you know, as nice as the animation is I think I’ll stick to the recon in future. Animation should really have stuck more closely to the original story.

March 21st, 2019 - 3:15pm

The final scene of macra is edited as well.

March 21st, 2019 - 3:56pm

Also the episode one missing scene is about two minutes long

• Gordon

March 21st, 2019 - 5:17pm

I’m going to wait and see the story first before judging what isn’t on it

March 21st, 2019 - 5:22pm

Gordon I watched it this afternoon. There’s over two minutes missing from the refreshment scene and the end has the dance sequence removed it ends before the doctor talks about Jamie’s dance and there is no art of them dancing off.

March 21st, 2019 - 5:23pm

Having said that I still enjoyed it.

• DalekAgent

March 20th, 2019 - 8:18pm

Random question but does anyone think they will ever release the 1st and 2nd doctor seasons on blu ray because i would love to see the 60s episodes in high definition but obviously theres 97 missing but they could just include reconstructions for the missing episodes but obviously include the animated episodes that are already released

• The Flying Shark

March 20th, 2019 - 8:45pm

Almost definitely-there’s been plans to do all 26, and although due to their age the episodes won’t be HD quality, they will look better and it will be nice for fans to have the early seasons as complete as can be.
      From what I’ve heard, the team are trying to get all seasons out by the 60th, for a number of reasons, a) being the cast and crew will not be around forever and some will inevitably die before their release and b) physical media is declining and if they wait any longer, there won’t be a market to support the releases.
      There’s also no chance of every missing episode being animated. It’s just too many, and will take too much time and cost too much money, especially for the smaller market of the Collection box sets. To be financially viable, they need a big mass market single release too, and for expensive/long/unpopular stories like Marco Polo, not even this will cover their costs. A loose cannon reconstruction would be amongst the minimum included to experience the missing episodes.
      But there’ll be lots of other extras to make up the value for money and the sets will be spread out, and not just lumped together at the end in case they find more missing episodes-my bet is if this happens, they will make the single release DVD, which is inevitable, compatible to slide in a Colleciton box set tray.

March 21st, 2019 - 8:18pm

Seasons 1-6 will be done but there will not be animation of every story. All previously done animation will presumably be included but don’t expect all the other stories to be done. It’s just not going to happen. At best some reconstructions can done using existing episodes, clips photos. Otherwise it be audio only with narration I guess.

March 20th, 2019 - 4:37pm

Are these official or fake?

March 20th, 2019 - 5:43pm

not sure look customs to me

March 20th, 2019 - 9:03pm

I’m surprised the BBC allow them to get away with this?

March 20th, 2019 - 9:39pm

The seller has sold loads of similar items in the past aswell

• Isran456

March 20th, 2019 - 1:56pm

Booboo (or anyone else) do you think we could expect a series 10 soundtrack around april/may seeing as series 9 was released then last year?

March 20th, 2019 - 1:58pm

i’m wondering if we will ever see one now to be honest.

March 19th, 2019 - 6:16pm

Looks like a new novel boo boo http://www.amazon.co.uk

March 19th, 2019 - 6:47pm

yes saw that earlier, not enough details to put it on yet though really

March 19th, 2019 - 6:59pm

Oh I presumed that, no info at all apart from hardback and page count

• Demdike@CultLabs

March 18th, 2019 - 11:47pm

I’m surprised we’ve only had the one 5″ figure for the latest series. I really would have thought we’d have had a TARDIS and a Resolution Dalek by now. In fact the Dalek should have been on the shelves straight after airing.

Considering the bigging up Character gave new products well in advance of the last series i do think their output has been especially disappointing regarding series 11.

The only thing i can think of is lack of demand.

March 19th, 2019 - 6:50am

There was no advanced info on episodes available to any of the franchises so it wasn’t possible to get anything ready. Any plans were put on hold as soon as it was known there would be no show this year, The Tardis exists but we wont see it until much later when there is more retailer interest.

Not heard if the companion set has got the green light yet

• Demdike@CultLabs

March 19th, 2019 - 1:54pm

Sounds like if the production team keep everything secret again for the upcoming series it will again be a problem for merch producers.

March 19th, 2019 - 2:11pm

it will be, not just for the manufactures but retailers also.

• The Outcast

March 22nd, 2019 - 1:26pm

One the hand, I really do like the secretiveness of the Chibnall era. We know practically nothing about the Chibnall era. But on the other hand, the lack of reference images for CO and stuff to work on is pretty bad, and it’s real sad it’s taking this long to get figures of the companions, which might not even come out.

• Moodbeam

March 18th, 2019 - 11:08pm

Has the Amazon Macra Steelbook been lower than 32.99 at any point? I preordered as soon as it sent live but I haven’t really kept an eye on it. Seen that it’s cheaper everywhere else so I’m considering cancelling the order and getting it from Zavvi instead unless Amazon have had it cheaper (as if they have I’ll have the preorder price guarantee and get it at the lower price). If anyone can help I’d appreciate it, thank you.

March 18th, 2019 - 11:56pm

Doubt it

• Doctor Mysterio

March 19th, 2019 - 12:35am

It was £24.99 when I pre-ordered it on Amazon.

• Gordon

March 19th, 2019 - 1:10am

Just buy it from elsewhere. Don’t understand why people stick with amazon when there are cheaper and faster services for preorder available. My copy of Macra Terror has already been sent to warehouse

March 19th, 2019 - 1:55am

My copy from galaxy 4 was posted on the 18th

March 18th, 2019 - 5:54pm

Could character make a series 10 promo picture bill potts where she wears her pyramid at the end of the world jacket and her smile top using the jacket section of the Martha Jones figure and the head and legs of the bill potts figure?

March 18th, 2019 - 3:28pm

Looks like most historical stries will not be animated and that the animations will be on the blu rays of the 1960s

March 18th, 2019 - 4:14pm

If they are bluray only I won’t be bothering. I read this a few days ago and unless they do DVD releases I’m not interested. I’ve already bought these stories on vhs and then DVD. I’m not wasting my money on a third type of release just to get one animated story in the case of three of the seasons. Individual DVD release or nothing for me.

March 18th, 2019 - 6:33pm

It literally says in the article that they considered doing The Highlanders. Being a historical isn’t the problem, it’s how they were produced at the time is the problem.

March 18th, 2019 - 6:47pm

How they were produced at the time is irrelevant. The fact certain stories had large casts with multiple settings is the problem, that combined with poor quality remaining soundtracks is why it’s unlikely many stories won’t be done.

March 18th, 2019 - 7:54pm

Those are all entirely down to the production and how the BBC treated particular genres. Historical dramas were big extravagant stories to show off fancy costumes and sets, sci-fi was not looked on as kindly by the set and costume departments even though they were more popular with viewers. The sci-fi stories ended up being much simpler productions which makes them much easier to animate if you are dealing with less characters, less costumes, simpler sets getting reused, etc.

March 20th, 2019 - 10:51am

Definitely wishful thinking =

All the missing episodes have soundtracks available (varying quality), hopefully there are also reference materials available (telesnaps (both official and unofficial), continuity photographs/publicity stills etc) for viable animations to be produced.

Some of the limits to producing any animation are a combination of the amount of work that would be needed, technical constraints, time available (without any outside pressure/deadlines imposed) and of course sufficient funds.

Given that the 60th anniversary is in 2023, is there enough time (and will) to produce animations of all the missing episodes? Could some elements, of the many processes needed, be farmed out/sent to third parties/subcontracted…?

Crowdfunding to raise funds, material/projects issued to fans (with either animation experience or sufficient computing power?) to complete different stages of the processes?
      Then the small matter of editing all the components together…simple (not!).

I’m not well versed in the various processes involved, would filming live action (detailed) recreations and then applying (computerised) animation techniques to the filmed material be faster to produce rather than animation by more traditional methods?

March 22nd, 2019 - 11:47am

Computerised animation is still very expensive especially if you factor in the amount of actors in each episode.

• Gordon

March 22nd, 2019 - 11:58am

Crowdfunding is a no go with how bbc studios run things. With how quickly quickly they are animating them I would be suprised they even got a quater of the stories out by 2023. It took pretty much a year to just do Macra Terror.

March 22nd, 2019 - 12:53pm

I often think people think animation can be done in weeks! Animation is a slow hence expensive business

March 18th, 2019 - 1:02pm

Galaxy 4 have shipped macra today

• Judooning

March 18th, 2019 - 12:03pm

So can we now pay for our 13th Dr figure from big chief? Their email they’ve just sent out is very confusing. They can only use PayPal now? They’re saying they need time to sort out the payment process yet the “my accounts” page is asking for payment.
    Why are things always so complicated with them.

March 18th, 2019 - 12:43pm

And I think postage is due separately when they eventually send the figure out. Such a complicated way of doing business.

• Judooning

March 18th, 2019 - 12:50pm

Well I’ve just emailed them and they have been very helpful in all fairness. Peace of mind that my order is all fine and payment complete.

• Yogi_Bear

March 18th, 2019 - 1:09pm

Hope theyve got it sorted by the time they release Pertwee and Troughton IF they release them

March 18th, 2019 - 5:09pm

Oh they are fine to deal with it you contact them it’s just an overcomplicated system

• The Paternoster Gang

March 17th, 2019 - 7:32pm

If I was to buy a big finish boxset on amazon (War Doctor- Only the Monstrous), would this contain the code for a version to download too?

March 17th, 2019 - 8:00pm

No, sadly they don’t do that.

• TARDIS_H63

March 18th, 2019 - 4:16pm

You can only get the downloads from Big Finish themselves.

March 17th, 2019 - 4:27pm

Booboo there is a new warlord tardis that you can buy a transparent one

March 17th, 2019 - 5:52pm

yes saw it Friday will add it soon

March 17th, 2019 - 1:59pm

Presumably it’s an error but Amazon have changed the listing for resurrection of the daleks to paperback. Still listed as hardback everywhere else

March 15th, 2019 - 1:21am

Just to let you know full instant payment the only option on Jodie big chief figure boo boo.

March 14th, 2019 - 9:41am

Booboo, Hows your collection room coming along!! When can we see it?

March 14th, 2019 - 9:45am

going to be quite a while yet

March 14th, 2019 - 8:31pm

oh no, why?

March 13th, 2019 - 5:59pm

The Renegade Master is smashing, but the Rare Renegade Master in Daemons Robes is even better!

• The Flying Shark

March 14th, 2019 - 8:32am

Do you have a picture? What are the other rares in the set?